• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The IRL Animal Crossing Thread!

Leaf raking time now kiddos, leaves are falling all over the place now since its now starting to feel like fall in my area.

I caught a praying mantis (on camera)! Say your prayers!

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

This little guy was fun to watch. He didn't seem to mind me at all, and just groomed himself for a bit before heading on his way with that weird "don't worry I'm just a leaf" walk that mantises do.

Every time I look across at my neighbor's front porch, I can't help but think that their outdoor furniture reminds me so much of the Alpine set in ACNL. They have a loveseat and two chairs that look almost exactly like this. I'd post a real life picture but I don't feel right about standing in front of their house snapping photos.

1706499072085.png

Remember when the U.S. president went outside and shot a balloon down from the sky? 🎈🛰 Unlucky for him, it fell into the water! ⬇🌊 Agh, I hate when that happens. You gotta time your shots, rookie. 😎🎈🎁

The snow has melted and the weeds have changed! 🌱🌼
flowers (1).jpg

flowers (2).jpg

flowers (3).jpg

flowers (4).jpg

flowers (5).jpg

flowers (6).jpg

flowers (7).jpg
Just kidding, it hasn't snowed in about a year here. There's honestly a lot of things I don't like about the coming of spring—the pollen, the return of buzzing insects and other unpleasant bugs—but I do love when all these little wildflowers start blooming in our yard again. They're so pretty.

I don't have a photo, but I just saw a white butterfly roaming around my backyard earlier today, and it looked just like the common butterfly!
During the warm months (March-October), I also see white butterflies outside. I don’t know if they’re actually the same species.
It very well might be!
IMG_7091.jpeg

Edit: idk why it didn’t mention North America. They’re not native, though.

Pretty much every warm month day in my area you’ll see a cabbage white. Though the ones here have subtler markings iirc. Or maybe that’s just because it seems like they never stop fluttering.

I found a shell…on a tree! Ot came a long way, since there’s no ocean around here…
IMG_7092.jpeg

Back