The IRL Animal Crossing Thread!

Leaf raking time now kiddos, leaves are falling all over the place now since its now starting to feel like fall in my area.

I caught a praying mantis (on camera)! Say your prayers!

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

This little guy was fun to watch. He didn't seem to mind me at all, and just groomed himself for a bit before heading on his way with that weird "don't worry I'm just a leaf" walk that mantises do.

Every time I look across at my neighbor's front porch, I can't help but think that their outdoor furniture reminds me so much of the Alpine set in ACNL. They have a loveseat and two chairs that look almost exactly like this. I'd post a real life picture but I don't feel right about standing in front of their house snapping photos.

1706499072085.png

Remember when the U.S. president went outside and shot a balloon down from the sky? 🎈🛰 Unlucky for him, it fell into the water! ⬇🌊 Agh, I hate when that happens. You gotta time your shots, rookie. 😎🎈🎁

The snow has melted and the weeds have changed! 🌱🌼
flowers (1).jpg

flowers (2).jpg

flowers (3).jpg

flowers (4).jpg

flowers (5).jpg

flowers (6).jpg

flowers (7).jpg
Just kidding, it hasn't snowed in about a year here. There's honestly a lot of things I don't like about the coming of spring—the pollen, the return of buzzing insects and other unpleasant bugs—but I do love when all these little wildflowers start blooming in our yard again. They're so pretty.

I don't have a photo, but I just saw a white butterfly roaming around my backyard earlier today, and it looked just like the common butterfly!
During the warm months (March-October), I also see white butterflies outside. I don’t know if they’re actually the same species.
It very well might be!
IMG_7091.jpeg

Edit: idk why it didn’t mention North America. They’re not native, though.

Pretty much every warm month day in my area you’ll see a cabbage white. Though the ones here have subtler markings iirc. Or maybe that’s just because it seems like they never stop fluttering.

I found a shell…on a tree! Ot came a long way, since there’s no ocean around here…
IMG_7092.jpeg

Check out this freaky fungus! If I have my facts straight, it seems to be a Cedar-Apple Rust. Looks like it came from outer space! And some alien spilled its orange slime!
IMG_8136.jpeg

IMG_8137.jpeg

If that freaked you out, have some eyebleach…
IMG_8139.jpeg

A lady at the park pointed out this baby bunny nest! Luckily there were staff near by so I told them about the lil guys. How precious!!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖

Back