• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The IRL Animal Crossing Thread!

Some finds my friend and I found while poking around various wooded areas and neighborhoods

63F6B0E5-D13E-4986-957D-F63E50F3A239.jpeg
A treehouse he hung out in as a kid had tons lf graffiti (this is the only site-friendly picture)

B5159810-4A9D-4588-845A-C807AE1EB48F.jpeg
Found The Bee Movie game in one of these in one of those free libraries

F874929C-BA31-423C-8DBE-B97849C839D9.jpeg
And a lost item we found near some sewer sludge in a grassy ditch! (Whoaaa kinda like animal crossing)

Anyways more people should contribute to this thread

I don't have anything too recent to post about, but my husband went on a few fishing trips last year and caught some massive white sea bass, barracudas, and sheepsheads, plus a few others I can't remember. We either smoke the fish or sear it with some butter. Fresh fish doesn't need anything more than that, and it's absolutely delicious.

We hike at least once a week and have seen some awesome swarms of honeybees in bushes and trees, and we see a lot of birds and lizards while we're out and about. We had a hawk and two crows fly really close to us. The hawk's wings are so powerful, even for not being that large of a bird.

Last week, my husband saved a hummingbird that got trapped in our building's skylight the other day. It couldn't understand how to go down and out and kept bumping into the top of the window. My husband got on a chair and reached up to it, and the hummingbird just accepted its fate. Then it rested in his hand for a while before flying off and away. I really love hummingbirds.

Oh! And a couple of months ago, we went to a local farm and milked a goat, and we got to keep the milk. It was the best milk we'd ever had. 🥛

I don't have anything too recent to post about, but my husband went on a few fishing trips last year and caught some massive white sea bass, barracudas, and sheepsheads, plus a few others I can't remember. We either smoke the fish or sear it with some butter. Fresh fish doesn't need anything more than that, and it's absolutely delicious.

We hike at least once a week and have seen some awesome swarms of honeybees in bushes and trees, and we see a lot of birds and lizards while we're out and about. We had a hawk and two crows fly really close to us. The hawk's wings are so powerful, even for not being that large of a bird.

Last week, my husband saved a hummingbird that got trapped in our building's skylight the other day. It couldn't understand how to go down and out and kept bumping into the top of the window. My husband got on a chair and reached up to it, and the hummingbird just accepted its fate. Then it rested in his hand for a while before flying off and away. I really love hummingbirds.

Oh! And a couple of months ago, we went to a local farm and milked a goat, and we got to keep the milk. It was the best milk we'd ever had. 🥛
Awesome, that's exactly why I made this thread, I love fishing too! I do more lake fishing than fishing in the ocean. But it's fun all the same, and I absolutely agree fresh fish tastes heavenly.

Awesome, that's exactly why I made this thread, I love fishing too! I do more lake fishing than fishing in the ocean. But it's fun all the same, and I absolutely agree fresh fish tastes heavenly.
He does a lot of deep sea fishing trips, and I get seasick easily. I prefer freshwater for that reason, haha. I also tend to do a bit more of the farmy stuff while he does the hunting and fishing.

What's your favorite fish that you've fished up?

He does a lot of deep sea fishing trips, and I get seasick easily. I prefer freshwater for that reason, haha. I also tend to do a bit more of the farmy stuff while he does the hunting and fishing.

What's your favorite fish that you've fished up?
I don’t catch a lot of crazy fish, but a pike around 2.5 ft long, I was pretty proud of that, although I primarily fish at the dock which is why I don’t catch anything massive, I hope to beat that record this year.

I don’t catch a lot of crazy fish, but a pike around 2.5 ft long, I was pretty proud of that, although I primarily fish at the dock which is why I don’t catch anything massive, I hope to beat that record this year.
Awesome. What does pike taste like? Barracuda has been my favorite of what we've had from his fishing. It's so delicious when you smoke it.

Awesome. What does pike taste like? Barracuda has been my favorite of what we've had from his fishing. It's so delicious when you smoke it.
Pike tastes pretty salty, not like any other fish I've tasted. Bit more moist than other fish but tastes amazing! I absolutely recommend trying it.

Pike tastes pretty salty, not like any other fish I've tasted. Bit more moist than other fish but tastes amazing! I absolutely recommend trying it.
That sounds awesome! I hope I get to try it sometime. We haven't had any fishing trips this year, but hopefully my husband will go to one soon.

Yesterday at my cousin’s house I saw something walking in the distance and thought it might be a cicada or grasshopper. But when I got closer… well, it looks like they got a new neighbor!
495A46E2-1524-42D4-8CAE-09C4BC1B569C.jpeg
My boyfriend and I also saw Redd wandering around my neighborhood a few nights ago. Sadly, I didn’t get a pic but he must have been desperate trying to peddle art out there in the dark!

Back