• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🧱The LEGO Animal Crossing Thread

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Flimsy Watering Can
White Violet
Purple Violet
I'm making a thread for the LEGO Animal Crossing sets because why not? I haven't bought any of them yet but I'm thinking about it. Has anyone already built the sets are are willing to show them off? You can do so here. Or discuss upcoming sets (if there's any) and stuff.

The official website is here: https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/animal-crossing/

I think that the sets look cute but it’s a theme that I’m not really feeling. I don’t dislike the concept and the figures of the characters look much better than I had imagined.

Sets seem simple.. I used to be huge into Legos. Now so not so much, would need a stitches figure to get me to buy

I realllllllllyyyyyy want the three more expensive sets, but I'm so darn bad at building Lego's!! I'd probably shove it on my sweet husband (who will happily build Lego's for me) just so that I can display them, and ADHD blank stare at them for a concerning amount of minutes. I personally don't know if I can handle that responsibility rn

Geez, $80 for half of Nook's Cranny and half of Rosie's house?? 🤯 I think a train station with locomotive (from the Gamecube game) would make a cool Lego set. 🏠🚂 Keep the monkey though: these Lego human bodies with animal heads look a little weird to me. ❌🐒

The sets are too expensive for me, I feel like it’d be better just to use random Lego to make something similar. The villager mini figures are cute but disturbing at the same time. I might pick up a small set at some point

I’m a Lego fan, but these seem quite overpriced for sets that are mostly just….ground.

In general, I’m not super interested in the sets that lean toward depicting miscellaneous setting features/objects instead of being able to build one whole starship or one whole building. They always end up looking really sparse to me—you can make the entirety of a Jedi Starfighter out of Lego bricks but you can’t make the entirety of an AC town’s surrounding foliage, so they just never seem visually satisfying. Like snippets of aesthetic that just terminate abruptly.

Reactions: Doo
As a HUGE Julian fan, I had to buy his. I don't have it set up or anything, my kids would destroy it lol.

I spotted a few sets at my local Target. They’re too expensive though… And my parents won’t let me buy any Lego set (even the complex ones that adults build) because they say they’re all for young children.
IMG_0642.jpeg

I spotted a few sets at my local Target. They’re too expensive though… And my parents won’t let me buy any Lego set (even the complex ones that adults build) because they say they’re all for young children.
View attachment 553010
My dad is sort of the same way but since I only build to display, he doesn’t complain that much. Plus I showed him the images of the grand piano that plays itself and the age and he dropped the subject. I think building sets is good for my autism as I become focused on getting things just right and that keeps me out of trouble. Also it isn’t like I’m constantly buying Lego sets every week. I’ve slowed down since the current Harry Potter sets are no longer focused on the Hogwarts Castle now and the Mario theme is losing my interest and the Bowser Car is the only set I’ve gotten since the release of the set with Wendy O Koopa in it. The Lego AC is sort of disappointing to me because I expected so much more detail and customization options than what we’ve ended up with.

Back