• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Iirc it has something to do with welcome bells and them being replaced. You would get the amount you received for registering, but since you joined in 2014 you don’t get another 10 for being a member for two years. That was only implemented later on I believe (and this would make sense too considering I joined in 2013 and I never received an additional 10 for a two year anniversary).

Someone can probably explain it better than me because right now I’m tired and too lazy to go and look at the answers for this question that have been posted before, lol.

EDIT: Better explanation below. I found it. Hoorayyyyyy.

Qla0ax4.png
Thank you

Are we allowed to talk about using drugs recreationally? I don't see it listed in the rules, but I want to be sure
qOApDGT.png

Edit: Yes, I'm aware belltreeforums & the ac community skews young. What I have in mind are tame comments relating to marijuana use

Last edited:
Are we allowed to talk about using drugs recreationally? I don't see it listed in the rules, but I want to be sure
qOApDGT.png

Edit: Yes, I'm aware belltreeforums & the ac community skews young. What I have in mind are tame comments relating to marijuana use
This is something that we typically handle on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule though we are fine with mentions of recreational marijuana use. Despite popular misconception TBT is not a children's forum. While we do allow teenagers as young as 13 to register the vast majority of our member base is over the age of 18.

Hi I have a question, I couldn't find it in the rules so I don't know if this is allowed or not:
Am I allowed to trade virtual ACNH items that isn't worth real money(Examples: Villagers, NMTs, IGB, Etc) for TBT collectiables? 🤔

Hi I have a question, I couldn't find it in the rules so I don't know if this is allowed or not:
Am I allowed to trade virtual ACNH items that isn't worth real money(Examples: Villagers, NMTs, IGB, Etc) for TBT collectiables? 🤔

Yes! A lot of people sell ACNH items / NMT / IGB for TBT on here. You might have a harder time trading for collectibles outright, but you can earn the funds to buy them at least.

There should be an edit option at the bottom left corner of the post you’re trying to edit. Do you see that option? It’s the three dots.
I DO see it! I could have sworn that I looked there. Lol. You must have just put it there. 😉 Thanks so much for your help. I don't know how I missed that.

Are there any other known ways to earn seashells? I always thought it was increments of ten, but I’m seeing a few users with weird amounts of seashells. I have one, and another user has six. I don’t see any items in the shop for less than ten seashells so the weird amounts are confusing to see.

Are there any other known ways to earn seashells? I always thought it was increments of ten, but I’m seeing a few users with weird amounts of seashells. I have one, and another user has six. I don’t see any items in the shop for less than ten seashells so the weird amounts are confusing to see.
No, there are no other ways to earn seashells. Seashells are our welcome currency aimed at new users: they are intended to help brand new accounts unlock a couple of site features quickly or correct mistakes in their username without making a second account. The installment at the two-year mark is then intended to offer long-term users a chance to change their username without saving up 1,200 bells. Other items that could previously be bought with seashells at different price points became obsolete with the move to XenForo and are now no longer available.

I'm assuming that other user has six because they could have bought two of those things that change the color of the title under your username those cost 2 seashells each and you get 10 seashells when you join so...

I'm assuming that other user has six because they could have bought two of those things that change the color of the title under your username those cost 2 seashells each and you get 10 seashells when you join so...
Correct! I thought the first one I chose was too bright of a green so I toned it down and bought it again.

Ok let's see um how do I explain my question,
Yes I know trading TBT for items worth real money is against the TBT forums rules but am I allowed to trade virtual items that can be obtained from redeeming a promo code(the code come from a product worth real money) this virtual item is an added benefit for purchasing the product, the virtual item is valuable in-game but does NOT have cash value.
I really hope someone understands what I'm trying to say but If you still don't understand I'll give an example:
On Pokemon Sword/Shield you can obtain a mew from a Pokeball plus thing, the Pokeball plus is worth real money but mew is NOT, mew is valuable because of this. (this is just an example, I don't have a mew to trade)
Once again I hope this makes sense, thank you for answering my question!

Ok let's see um how do I explain my question,
Yes I know trading TBT for items worth real money is against the TBT forums rules but am I allowed to trade virtual items that can be obtained from redeeming a promo code(the code come from a product worth real money) this virtual item is an added benefit for purchasing the product, the virtual item is valuable in-game but does NOT have cash value.
I really hope someone understands what I'm trying to say but If you still don't understand I'll give an example:
On Pokemon Sword/Shield you can obtain a mew from a Pokeball plus thing, the Pokeball plus is worth real money but mew is NOT, mew is valuable because of this. (this is just an example, I don't have a mew to trade)
Once again I hope this makes sense, thank you for answering my question!
As far as I know that should be fine. If it wasnt allowed, that would be like saying because your nintendo switch has value, nothing that you do inside of the games are allowed to be traded.

The mew should be legal to trade

Last edited:
Back