• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The hardest game you have ever played

I have yet to play a game harder than FLIPPING SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE!!!!
Being released on the Gamecube, one cam expect the psysics to not be perfect, BUT SUNSHINES IS JUST TRASH. THE GOSH DANG SHADOW RAY THINGGY BOSS WAS SO HARD BECAUSE AFTER THEY GET DOWN TO THEIR SMALLEST SIZE THEY CHASE YOU AND ITS VERY EASY TO GET KNOCKED FROM HERE TO THERE. AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON SAND BIRD. ALSO I SOMETIMES FIND MY SELF CLIPPING THOUGH THINGS WHYYYY?!?! ALSO THERE ARE SOME TROLLS THAT ARE VERY CRUEL LIKE WHY WOULD YOU PUT THOSE IN A ALREADY HARD ENOUGH GAME?!?!?! I have yet to beat sunshine :mad:

For me personally The Witcher 3, definitely probably not the hardest game out there but for me it's a lot more challenging than the typical relaxing laid back games I play. But I love it

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Yes, the temples in Majora's Mask were stupidly difficult (especially the Great Bay Temple), but at least the game is short. There is a LOT of back-tracking and like 10 dungeons in TP. I've been playing since the sixth grade (three years) and I'm STILL stuck on the Lakebed Temple, which is only the third dungeon!!

Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage from SNES. Seriously that game is so hard to even beat. If you lose all your lives, you have to start all the way over from the beginning. To Quote AVGN "NO CONTINUES?!" Yes seriously there are no continues, no way of saving on what level you left off on, and you constantly have to not die. I remember screaming at this game as a kid because it was so hard.

I tried playing it again but its still too hard.
Post automatically merged:

Being released on the Gamecube, one cam expect the psysics to not be perfect, BUT SUNSHINES IS JUST TRASH. THE GOSH DANG SHADOW RAY THINGGY BOSS WAS SO HARD BECAUSE AFTER THEY GET DOWN TO THEIR SMALLEST SIZE THEY CHASE YOU AND ITS VERY EASY TO GET KNOCKED FROM HERE TO THERE. AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON SAND BIRD. ALSO I SOMETIMES FIND MY SELF CLIPPING THOUGH THINGS WHYYYY?!?! ALSO THERE ARE SOME TROLLS THAT ARE VERY CRUEL LIKE WHY WOULD YOU PUT THOSE IN A ALREADY HARD ENOUGH GAME?!?!?! I have yet to beat sunshine :mad:
LOL I don't blame you for getting mad. Super Mario Sunshine is my least favorite 3D Mario game. The part I hate most of all is the blue coins like seriously most of the shine sprites are locked behind blue coins.

In general, I'm bad at most games that require me do something other than press A to read text lol but the only game that I havent been able to beat yet is Trauma Center.
It's very funny to check videos of operations I'm stuck in and seeing the comments section full of people hating on the patient tho, we are all on this together....

Super Mario Sunshine. I hated the controls but its a really nice game!!

Elden Ring has probably taken the top spot for me in hardest games. Never played a Dark Souls game before in my life, but I feel like this one being a massive open world and not being told anything makes it harder than past installments in that regard. I'm learning everything from scratch and there is A LOT to learn.

Like many here already said, Super Mario Sunshine.

I also found Super Mario Odyssey difficult at times though. It was an overall easy game, but some of the moons were kind of hard to get and the last boss fight took me a while.

Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage from SNES. Seriously that game is so hard to even beat. If you lose all your lives, you have to start all the way over from the beginning. To Quote AVGN "NO CONTINUES?!" Yes seriously there are no continues, no way of saving on what level you left off on, and you constantly have to not die. I remember screaming at this game as a kid because it was so hard.
I remember that game! I always got to the same stage and lost - I think it was the one that was Goldilocks themed? It had a house at the beginning of the stage. I may have made it to the martian level once as well.

Not sure if I'd still find it as hard now, but I was rubbish at the SNES Animaniacs game. I could never really tell what lane my Warner was lined up in, so I'd constantly fall everywhere. I'm still pretty sure I was only a 1-2 pixels out most times.

In general, I'm bad at most games that require me do something other than press A to read text lol but the only game that I havent been able to beat yet is Trauma Center.
It's very funny to check videos of operations I'm stuck in and seeing the comments section full of people hating on the patient tho, we are all on this together....
I totally forgot about Trauma Center until now! I used to love the game...tricky multitasking.

Oh geez. I’m not one to play hard games and those I had troubles with, I got better at when I got older. Recently, Pokémon Legends Arceus had some ridiculously hard bosses. In the past I had troubles with the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. There is a few games I never beaten, but that’s mainly because I wanted to do something else or have no time to complete it. It’s been years since I’ve played MGS4 but I believe it was pretty challenging. Man I should play that again sometime. One game I never got good at was Smash Bros, tho to be fair, Im not found of most competitive games. I know lot of those old games are pretty hard like OG Mario Bros. Beat that but only with save states. Can’t remember any other games tho.

Super Mario Sunshine was SOOOOOO HARD. I still work on it from time to time but man some of those levels are ridiculous.

Another game I'm having a hard time with right now is Thumper. I'm so determined to finish it but I'm not sure I ever will lol.

Probably Elden Ring.

I mean...it is pretty fun. I don't think I am "terrible" at it. But I am currently not playing it...because I wasn't making too much advancement in the story. Lol. I fully grasp the things that need to be done in order to get better. So, it's not like I am completely lost. But, yeah...I also feel like it simply isn't my style of game.

While I've played some really tough games (stuff like Battletoads and Prinny: Dawn of Operation Panties Dood), I haven't beaten those games.

I have, however, beaten Cuphead, the Undertale Genocide route, and Hades with Extremer Measures active.

I do eventually want to go back and beat Battletoads, however. That's on my gaming bucket list.

For me personally The Witcher 3, definitely probably not the hardest game out there but for me it's a lot more challenging than the typical relaxing laid back games I play. But I love it
Witcher 3 is a hard game! The side stories in that game are often times sad and I often found it difficult to make choices. Gwent was an awesome little side game.

Glad you played it. Such a beautiful game.

I think mine are Shin Megami Tensei IV and Dark Souls.
Well, I think there are some games that don't come to my mind right now, which were hard enough that I stopped playing them. On top of those there is Shin Megami Tensei IV: I knew the story was great and I really appreciated the aesthetic around it. However, it was just too hard for me. Many times I thought to change the difficulty to easy but the gamer part of myself didn't really want to lol.
So yeah, after the first missions I gave up because it took me much time and found it a little punishing. It was my first Shin Megami Tensei game btw.

Dark Souls, it is hard but I am going ahead. My first souls like game was Bloodborne, that I LOVED. But it was a very particular game, because just like Dark Souls, you have to figure out many things on your own and indeed I was a bit confused when first playing Bloodborne. Dark Souls is my second souls game and i think it's way harder than Bloodborne. Playing Dark Souls as your first souls game and not watching videos to guide you or reading wikis, makes the game even harder imo. I wasn't completely blind playing Dark Souls, so maybe that helped. I like it, but it's also kinda hard. I am learning tho and i m having fun playing it. I hope I will finish it at some point lol 🥲

Last but not least, I don't consider these games hard, but maybe "frustrating". It's pretty personal so it's probably just me lol, but I have much difficulty in adapting to games like COD, but especially to Smash bros. I haven't these games, it's mainly when my friends come over that we play them, but I am incapable lol. COD maybe a lil better, but smash is something I have never managed to properly play lol. I often can't really understand where my character is on the screen and at some point I will always jump off the battling field and loose.

I came into this thread to post about Hollow Knight, but you got me thinking about Mario now and you're right, I got all the shine sprites in Mario sunshine last year and it was so difficult, especially the dumb one where you need to get Yoshi on a boat, and it leads you to a death river.

That being said, I think technically Mario Odyssey is even harder, there's a ton of really difficult challenge levels that I haven't even touched yet, not to mention the 100 volleyball hits one.

Back