• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros That character you want in the game but has 0 chance to get in.

Twin Rova- They fight together as a duo similarly to Ice Climbers and the elemental projectile changes depending on who is leading the fight. They become Twin Rova during their Final Smash

Dixie Kong- Seems unlikely as she appears to be constantly cut from the roster each time

Yoshi and Baby/Younger Rider- A special Yoshi that carries around either a baby or younger version of any other playable fighter other than Yoshi. Yoshi loses his Egg Roll but gains the rider’s Down Special.

Goku (without going Super Saiyan except for his Final Smash)

Majora

Ms Pac Man (Echo that throws different items)

Cecil from FF IV (Half of his colors represent his Dark Mage look and he has moves based on it and the other half are based on his White Mage look and attacks)

Kefka from FF VI

Zoroark

Blaziken

Decidueye

Clefairy

Paper Mario (Not an Echo as he uses his Hammer and past companions in his move set. Gombella is used as one of his taunts and Huey would be used to splash paint on other fighters)

I don't know whether she necessarily has 0 chance, considering she at least actually managed to get a Mii Costume in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I'd really like to see Shantae make it onto the roster of a future Super Smash Bros. game. She originated on the Game Boy Color and has branched out onto other platforms since, so it would be neat to see recognition for how far she's come. I feel like she has a ton of moveset potential between her transformations and the pirate stuff from the Pirate's Curse game.

Another addition I'd like to see that I'd say has low chance but not necessarily 0 chance is a full evolved Grass-type starter Pokémon. As someone whose favorite type is Grass and who tends to pick the Grass starter most often, I feel kind of disappointed that the only Grass-type in Smash Bros. is middle-evolution Ivysaur as part of Pokémon Trainer's team, whereas we have Chrizard and Incineroar for fully evolved Fire-types and Greninja for the fully evolved Water-type. If we count Squirtle, we have two Fires and two Waters but only one Grass-type. I feel like they missed the boat with not adding Decidueye, but hopefully someday maybe another good Grass-type addition will come along. I'd say the chances are fairly low though as I think Fire and Water are usually more popular.

As for some characters that I think truly have 0 or next to no shot at actually being included but that I'd like to see:

- Scorpion or Sub-Zero from the Mortal Kombat series. We have Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter, Kazuya from Tekken, and Terry Bogard from King of Fighters, so I'd really like to see someone from Mortal Kombat being added and these two are the most likely, with Scorpion being the likelier of the two. They probably won't due to the graphic violence, but I feel like you can still make movesets that capture the character that would fit the Smash style.

- A Fire Emblem character that either isn't the main Lord of the game and/or doesn't primarily use a sword. Nintendo uses Smash Bros. to advertise the latest Fire Emblem games and as such they always opt for the main character of the newest game. Unfortunately, most Lord characters tend to use swords, save for Hector from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade and Ephraim from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. There are hundreds of different characters from across the series that are cool, use different weapons and have unique designs, but all we're ever going to get are the main characters and it's disappointing.

- Kumatora or Duster from Mother 3. Kumatora would be a good way to include different PSI techniques that Ness and Lucas don't cover and I think it would be cool if her Final Smash was PK Ground since that's her strongest attack. Duster, meanwhile, has the kicks and his various Thief Tools that would make for an entirely different moveset that would be nice to see. I don't see either happening, both because Nintendo will never release Mother 3 outside of Japan and because of plot relevant stuff, I don't foresee them actually using Duster.

- Waluigi. I love Waluigi, but Nintendo don't even use him for anything other than sports and party games and they don't seem to like him all that much, so I don't think he'll ever be more than an Assist Trophy.

- One of the protagonists from the Shin Megami Tensei series, most likely either the Demi-Fiend or Nahobino. The Megami Tensei series has been around since the 80s and the Persona franchise branched off from them starting with Shin Megami Tensei: If..., so since we have Joker from Persona 5 as a member of the Super Smash Bros. roster, it would be cool to see someone from mainline SMT included as well. The Demi-Fiend is probably the likeliest since he's pretty visually striking and is one of the more well known characters, though the Nahobino wouldn't have terrible odds either since he's from the most recent game. Anyway, I think they'd have good moveset potential via demon summoning, and each have their own aspects that could make for good moves individually. Unfortunately, since mainline SMT is significantly more niche than Persona, I don't think it'll ever happen. Maybe Jack Frost as a standalone demon could be added to Smash? He appears in both SMT and Persona and is pretty prominent in advertising and has some recognition; it would be cool to see Pyro Jack/Jack O Lantern (and maybe Jack the Ripper) too as a Jack Bros. set, but that might be asking too much.

Last edited:
I also would love to see Shantae as a playable Fighter. My idea for a move set is that she combines stuff she has been able to do in all of her games. The Genie Lamp would be able to draw in opponents and items towards her. Shantae uses the grappling hook from Pirate’s Curse similarly to Link’s Hookshot. Down Special would be her Elephant Transformation. Forward Special would be the Monkey Bullet. Aerial Recovery is the Harpy. Shantae’s Final Smash would have Risky suddenly barging into the stage in the background while Shantae says, “Risky Boots!” She then jumps into the background to fight Risky and the Ship moves from side to side while firing huge cannonballs that completely hit the stage while Risky shouts “Fire! Keep firing men!” After a bit, the Ship blows up and sends Risky and her Tinkerbats flying offstage and Shantae shouts “And don’t come back!”

Last edited:
Waluigi, 100%. And not for the memes either, ever since his appearance as an assist trophy in Brawl I've seriously wanted to see him upgraded to an actual fighter. Waluigi deserves more love from Nintendo!

IMG_3856.jpeg

THE KATAMARI GANG their attacks would be so cute and chaotic

Guntz from the Klonoa series! While I have been wanting both him and Klonoa as a duo character (Namco X Capcom did that), I think Guntz would fit better as Nintendo could reskin most moves for Guntz. For example, Wario's motorbike could get reskinned as Guntz's motorcycle, the Star Fox fighters's guns could become Guntz's handguns, and he could get a cannon with the properties of Samus's handcannon thingy. If Klonoa doesn't get in, he could still be a part of Guntz's moveset via Final Smash, which would be Guntz stunning the opponent with his bazooka (a weapon exclusive to him), and Klonoa could pop in (a la Chrom in Smash 4) and use Thunder Hurricane, his special move from Densetsu no Star Medal (Legendary Star Medal). Afterwards, Klonoa would throw his hammer (the weapon he uses when executing Thunder Hurricane) at a fighter that didn't get hit by the FS, cheer Guntz on in Phantomilian, then disappear. The series stage could be a transforming stage of Lunatea and Phantomile, with other characters being background elements (think Mementos and KOF Stadium). Those characters include Lolo, Popka, the King of Sorrow, Heart Moo, Leorina, Tat, Balue, Huepow, Karal, Suiryu, Janga, Garlen, Nahatomb, Ghadius, and Lephise. Each character has a random chance of appearing on either version of the stage. There's also a chance you can see Klonoa in the background of the Phantomile version of the stage if Guntz is not fighting. Guntz will appear in Lunatea if he's not a fighter as well, with the same chance as Klonoa appearing.

The Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven. I have no ideas moveset-wise, but I feel like they could work. There’s a lot of other characters I want in the game, but I feel like those characters do have a chance of getting in.

Mickey Mouse. We got only one Disney character in Smash. But wouldn’t it be funny if we got Mickey (or Sorcerer Mickey) in Smash?

Hestu from LoZ or any of the Koroks 🥹

They’re so adorable, and Hestu could use his maracas as a weapon lol

Back