• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros That character you want in the game but has 0 chance to get in.

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
I'll start! Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble!

I think they both could be a fun addition and i want them since Brawl but still, i don't think we ever get the chance to see them getting in…

What about you?

SHREK. He's been in his own fighting games before and was super fun!

l.o.g. from bk nuts and bolts! i have a very specific idea of how he would work in game, but there is literally no chance he could ever be added. i’ve also really wanted blaze the cat, but know that if there will ever be another sonic character there are many others that would take priority.

Frey from Rune Factory 4 and/or Alice from Rune Factory 5!! Although any Rune Factory character would be super rad though I'd really hope it'd be one I'd recognize. Would buy DLC for them 100%

I'd also love to have Alina/Hotaru from Style Savvy: Styling Star, if not just for the possibility of having a remixed version of her song "Maria" in Smash. ;w;

Twili Midna. I was so stoked when they added her to Hyrule Warriors, it gave me hope for awhile that she might make it into Smash haha

Also it still blows my mind that we never got Waddle Dee

I’d like Croconaw, but that’s not entirely unheard of. He could make it in with a Johto Pokémon trainer as he is the water starter to that respective region. Croconaw could very well be the middle evolution Pokémon. I just personally don’t see it happening.

Twili Midna. I was so stoked when they added her to Hyrule Warriors, it gave me hope for awhile that she might make it into Smash haha

Also it still blows my mind that we never got Waddle Dee
Yeah a lot of people really want Bandana Dee in Smash. I wouldn't mind since he would be the first spear fighter in smash and that would be pretty cool.

These are possible, but seem really low picks/chances: Paper Mario and Dixie Kong (Smash has had 5 installments so you would think these two would have gotten in by now with how both of their games have huge followings)

Impossible - Tetris pieces. I don't know how they'd make it work with all the different pieces, but I want to see it.

vibri ;w;

she’s not even in the playstation all stars game ;w;

then again…she would probably be hard to see.

Viridi from Kid Icarus: Uprising!

NkUb6eX.png

Ah yes, the goddess of nature. She could attack you by growing vines to hit you with, smacking you with flowers, and launching reset bombs as her ultimate move. : D

An incredibly odd choice, but Madotsuki from Yume Nikki. I'd love to see how they'd incorporate the effects in the game into her moveset.
However, it is so unlikely to the point of it having a 99.9% chance of not happening since Yume Nikki is simply too obscure.

images.jpg
<--- This dude right here!

I have been wanting him in Smash since he was a playable character in Mario Kart 8. It seemed he had a chance in Ultimate, though it never happened.

I sincerely have lots of copium for his appearance in the next Smash game, especially now his moveset can revolve around the crafting mechanic from New Horizons (While being majorly different from Steve's Crafting)

View attachment 530783 <--- This dude right here!

I have been wanting him in Smash since he was a playable character in Mario Kart 8. It seemed he had a chance in Ultimate, though it never happened.

I sincerely have lots of copium for his appearance in the next Smash game, especially now his moveset can revolve around the crafting mechanic from New Horizons (While being majorly different from Steve's Crafting)
Why hasn't Smash Bros updated Villager to their current design yet actually? Having Wild World/City Folk Villager over the current one is like having Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic, it just feels weird and outdated.
My best guess would be that Sakurai just simply liked their old design more, as he IS the guy who said he'd not include Pac-Man into Smash at all if he couldn't use Pac-Man's older design as opposed to his Ghostly Adventures design, though I think the general consensus with Pac-Man is that people don't like his Ghostly Adventures design anyways, so...

i've kinda wanted one of the Doki Doki Literature Club girls to be a fighter because their game's on switch (and their FNF mod is AMAZING, listening to Shrinking Violet as I type this), but idk who would fit the most, probably Monika lol. her moveset could be her code/glitch powers, and her final smash could be an instakill to reference the other girls' deletion. Mr. Cow could be a joke character too (he's Sayori's plush cow)

Why hasn't Smash Bros updated Villager to their current design yet actually? Having Wild World/City Folk Villager over the current one is like having Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic, it just feels weird and outdated.
My best guess would be that Sakurai just simply liked their old design more, as he IS the guy who said he'd not include Pac-Man into Smash at all if he couldn't use Pac-Man's older design as opposed to his Ghostly Adventures design, though I think the general consensus with Pac-Man is that people don't like his Ghostly Adventures design anyways, so...
I don't think any character in Smash has been updated to their current design IIRC, and besides, these villagers are basically their own thing just like how Isabelle is basically her own thing. Isabelle looks like she could've been an echo to villager but it isn't.

Plus, Villager fights using what a resident would do while Isabelle fights with what nick knacks a mayor would have, with tools being on both.
This new villager fighter (Which I'm dubbing Islander to avoid confusion) can fight using the new introduced things in New Horizons such as a vaulting pole, a ladder, (Which sounds like a poor recovery move) the aforementioned crafting table and more.

So yes, I'd say he has a chance in the next Smash game. Though during Smash Ultimate's time it was a 0% chance as the movesets for any character in the AC series is limited compared to other characters where they can go all out. Yes, I'm aware some characters have undergone major move changes so it's also likely the current AC fighters we have now uses any moves related to NH, though I hope not...

I don't think any character in Smash has been updated to their current design IIRC, and besides, these villagers are basically their own thing just like how Isabelle is basically her own thing. Isabelle looks like she could've been an echo to villager but it isn't.

Plus, Villager fights using what a resident would do while Isabelle fights with what nick knacks a mayor would have, with tools being on both.
This new villager fighter (Which I'm dubbing Islander to avoid confusion) can fight using the new introduced things in New Horizons such as a vaulting pole, a ladder, (Which sounds like a poor recovery move) the aforementioned crafting table and more.

So yes, I'd say he has a chance in the next Smash game. Though during Smash Ultimate's time it was a 0% chance as the movesets for any character in the AC series is limited compared to other characters where they can go all out. Yes, I'm aware some characters have undergone major move changes so it's also likely the current AC fighters we have now uses any moves related to NH, though I hope not...
Link has consistently had his design updated to match the latest game, the only exception being Smash 4 where they kept his Twilight Princess appearance for some reason. Mario and Pit have too, though to a lesser extent (Mario getting Cappy, and Pit's face being slightly updated to look more anime like how it does in Uprising).
Are they really their own thing though? It was really just a lankier design to make New Leaf and New Horizons feel more fresh compared to the previous 3 games, as every other villager in the game got the same treatment. I think that the most we'll get is a new design, maybe 1 or 2 new moves to match New Horizons like Link got.

i like the idea of tom nook or kk slider coming along soon, or maybe some anime characters? it'd be cool to see demon slayer or my hero academia, maybe even naruto? (not that i watch anime much but its cool to think abt)

Uhhhh....I would like to see....Klonoa or any other notable game mascot in Smash Bros.
🥺
👉👈

But when it comes to strictly Nintendo characters, I would like to see either Bandana Waddle Dee (maybe another Kirby rep) or another Earthbound representative in Smash Bros. Maybe Octolings as the echo fighters for inkling.

Impossible, I know.

Uhhhh....I would like to see....Klonoa or any other notable game mascot in Smash Bros.
🥺
👉👈

But when it comes to strictly Nintendo characters, I would like to see either Bandana Waddle Dee (maybe another Kirby rep) or another Earthbound representative in Smash Bros. Maybe Octolings as the echo fighters for inkling.

Impossible, I know.
I'd have octolings too, but my vision for them is more a semi-clone like Ganondorf and Isabelle as opposed to full on clone like Dark Samus. There are so many weapons in Splatoon with their own playstyles and I think having octolings in Smash could be the perfect excuse to include them. Maybe side B could be a charger and work like Byleth's bow?

Back