TBT's Turkey Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prompt was Julia's Dessert! I feel like Julia would bring a fruit tart to Thanksgiving so that's what I went with :3
Julia's Dessert .png

image0.png

frobert’s side dish
β€”β€”-
frobert wanted to bring some magical swamp water soup but it seems his bowl has fallen in... save him a seat won’t you? poor guy might be a while.
so i had no idea what a jock frog would bring so i went with the idea of frobert wandering through his swamp, home to frogs and such, looking for the perfect side dish and knocking out his daily exercise at the same time TT
it was fun to do something more scenic like this even though i am not good at it lolol at some point i was just slapping colors on πŸ˜” ty as always for the events! i enjoyed drawing my lovely frobert blob 🀧

I have either accepted all submissions up until this point or quoted your post below if I cannot accept it. If I've neither accepted your entry nor quoted you here then please get in touch. :)

I am so sorry for the horrible quality of this, but I haven't had much time at all due to many real life things going on, and it's only still a concept sketch at that so I totally understand if it doesn't get accepted. I wanted it to be a play on the myth about how ostriches bury their head in the sand (which they don't), but Bob, being a prankster, told him his drink was down in that hole. I suspect Sandy will not be happy when he discovers it's not down there and much chasing will ensue, lol. Anywho, I'm ambitious but rubbish. I really wish I had more time to work on a final version of this that was much better, I'm sorry ;-; <3 I hope to have time to add a last finished better one before the deadline, but just in case, this is my participation piece (again, if it's accepted):
28734965_3ZndTgH0Ni4e5EL.jpg

image0.png

frobert’s side dish
β€”β€”-
frobert wanted to bring some magical swamp water soup but it seems his bowl has fallen in... save him a seat won’t you? poor guy might be a while.
so i had no idea what a jock frog would bring so i went with the idea of frobert wandering through his swamp, home to frogs and such, looking for the perfect side dish and knocking out his daily exercise at the same time TT
it was fun to do something more scenic like this even though i am not good at it lolol at some point i was just slapping colors on πŸ˜” ty as always for the events! i enjoyed drawing my lovely frobert blob 🀧
Hi @Katzenjammer and @lieryl! While beautiful submissions your entries don't appear to contain the item that the villager is to bring to the Turkey Day celebration. Due to this I am unable to accept these entries. If you could either edit your original drawings, or create something new, that contains the item that they are bringing then I will be able to accept it. Please submit your edited/new entries in a new post rather than editing the existing ones, because I won't see it otherwise. :)

"Mallary! You were supposed to make a side dish!"
"Oh, isn't that what this is? Just a little something on the side... quackpth!"

View attachment 338379
Hi @LoyalDragonfly! While I understand it is part of the joke, your entry fails to meet your prompt due to containing a dessert rather than a side dish. If you would like to resubmit something that better fits your prompt please do so by making a new post. Thanks! :)

Hi @Katzenjammer and @lieryl! While beautiful submissions your entries don't appear to contain the item that the villager is to bring to the Turkey Day celebration. Due to this I am unable to accept these entries. If you could either edit your original drawings, or create something new, that contains the item that they are bringing then I will be able to accept it. Please submit your edited/new entries in a new post rather than editing the existing ones, because I won't see it otherwise. :)
Aw, dang...I wish I had the time. I guess I don't even get participation points this time. My bad. :(

Edit: I thought the deadline was today, nevermind! I will try to do something new that's better, since the drink can't be seen down in the hole Bob dug, as that was part of the joke, lol! xD! I needed more panels for that cartoon, honestly. Thanks again for the heads up! <3 I have a backup creation plan (hopefully?) just in case I can't get the artwork done in time. :D

Last edited:
image0.png

frobert’s side dish
β€”β€”
it’s an upright bowl of magic swamp water soup now, looks like frobert and his soup from the swamp won’t late after all.
this is the best i can do since i’ll be busy for the rest of this week lolol

Lily's Centerpiece.

Lily is a frog. Her name is also probably based on lily pads which you can find frogs on. Incorporated lily pads, lotus seed heads, and some assortment of flowers and leaves around a cornucopia. Fits one table setting. May or may not be artificial foliage.

Untitled_Artwork.png

Lily's Centerpiece.

Lily is a frog. Her name is also probably based on lily pads which you can find frogs on. Incorporated lily pads, lotus seed heads, and some assortment of flowers and leaves around a cornucopia. Fits one table setting. May or may not be artificial foliage.

Untitled_Artwork.png

EGGS!!!! πŸ™ˆ the sight of them makes my brain go go mode hahahah πŸ˜‚ . BTW you drawing is so lovely and the villager looks just so adorable you just want to squish:love:

Omfg I got rex’s drink I frickin love him ughh and he lives on my island and he’s my dreamie baby I have to think

Got milk for Thanksgiving?
You should! Because milk does a body good!

View attachment 338313

Alright, so I got "Peck's Drink". And since he's a jock, I thought I'd go with something nutritious. Peck might be a smol birb, but those gigantic muscles are just there waiting to be flexed.

What's his secret? Milk.

Fresh milk. Skimmed milk. Low-fat milk. Freshly-squeezed-from-the-cow's-udder milk. A liter of milk contains approx. 32 grams of protein which comes from casein and whey, which helps promote muscle growth. Since it's Thanksgiving, Peck would like to share his most-prized drink with everyone.
This is amazing!

Lily's Centerpiece.

Untitled_Artwork.png
This looks adorable! I love Lily and I love the way you drew her πŸ₯°

Don’t often get to participate in creative forum events so I’m extra happy that I managed to finish this in time! :)

my prompt was β€œNibbles’s Drink” and here’s what I came up with (username written on the right side of the glass):
FCDE4CE9-E9D2-4284-82D6-3078E6AD9444.png

This drink is heavily inspired on Nibbles’s colour scheme (the watermelon in the glass was inspired by her shirt!), and I thought I’d add little balls of mochi in the shape of her head and tail as an extra edible snack!

This mojito inspired cocktail is made up of blue curacao, sugar syrup, watermelon liquor, lime juice, mint and garnished with a slice of watermelon, watermelon flavoured sherbet and some tasty balls of mochi!

A vibrant drink reminiscent of summer to make your cold November day that little bit brighter β˜€οΈ

Don’t often get to participate in creative forum events so I’m extra happy that I managed to finish this in time! :)

my prompt was β€œNibbles’s Drink” and here’s what I came up with (username written on the right side of the glass):
View attachment 338524

This drink is heavily inspired on Nibbles’s colour scheme (the watermelon in the glass was inspired by her shirt!), and I thought I’d add little balls of mochi in the shape of her head and tail as an extra edible snack!

This mojito inspired cocktail is made up of blue curacao, sugar syrup, watermelon liquor, lime juice, mint and garnished with a slice of watermelon, watermelon flavoured sherbet and some tasty balls of mochi!

A vibrant drink reminiscent of summer to make your cold November day that little bit brighter β˜€

Amazing !! You have out done your self ! πŸ™ˆ, its so detailed, beautiful and just so delightful to look at πŸ‘€!! 10/10 congrats !!!🎊

IMG_0969.JPG

My prompt was "Murphy's Bunting, Garland, or Wreath". I chose to do the bunting, so for my bunting I incorporated the green color to represent the color of Murphy's fur as well as his roof color, and the brown letters (it looks black) to represent the color of the wood on his house. In addtion, I made the bunting flags in the shape or a bear cub head because Murphy is a bear cub!

I'm excited to participate! I got Dizzy's Drink. He's a baby, and has nice colors so drawing a drink for him to bring sounds fun!

After learning that cake isn't a real side dish, Mallary went home and whipped up some deviled eggs (don't worry, they're not duck eggs).
Cheer up, Mallary! Even if it's not dessert, the other villagers think your dish is still just as beautiful!

EDITED: I forgot to include my name. Here it is!

Mallary's Side Dish 2.png

Last edited:
My prompt is "Plucky's Side Dish." I know who Plucky is but still wanted to research her more to get my creative juices flowing. When I did, I noticed that her name in Japanese is "Pataya" which automatically made my mind think sweet potatoes (Pataya looks like a cross between 'potato' and 'yam' to me). I therefore decided to put a Plucky Twist on my sweet potato casserole! The brown coloring of the pecan/brown sugar crust and the orange of the yams themselves definitely remind me of her color scheme. I placed some yams in a triangle shape on top of the crust to create a beak. I then used some white paper to put her iconic white eyelashes onto the dish. I also added a small red leaf in the corner because Plucky wore a red leaf on her head in the older Animal Crossing games (plus it works with the autumn theme of the holiday).

BQIp9wZ.jpg

I'm happy because not only did I get to eat my dish (my favorite every year) and other amazing dishes, but I got to have fun making it extra special. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope everyone else did as well :) Thanks for this event staff!

I got β€œCurly’s Bunting/Garland/Wreath” and I chose to do a Garland !

Curly is really excited to show up with his nice garland, adorned with a bunch of his favourite ornaments! What do you mean they aren’t really holiday appropriate ? But sports are always in style !

garland.png

I went a little extra with this one It seems loll,, But it seemed fitting to have a background setting like he’s showing up to your house ready for the party ! this was a ton of fun to do ;w; and also just interesting to draw a villager I haven’t before ! I don’t think i’ve drawn any of the pigs before :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back