• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Second Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found yours to be the easiest, in my opinion. They weren't the ones I wasn't stuck on for hours.

Yeah, I think the ones I came up with were either too easy or too difficult.

I got 20 for all the wrong reasons. I had no idea it was referencing smash bros, instead I put in Villager since I thought it meant what comes to meet you once you come to your town or what can cause a hostility in your town or something like that.

Btw just by checking out every stickied thread you could find 50% of the eggs.

Last edited:
Well, it's comforting to know that the ones I didn't get I never would have, haha! Looking forward to next year's, this was great. It's inspired me to organize an egg hunt on another forum I attend :)

I found yours to be the easiest, in my opinion. They weren't the ones I wasn't stuck on for hours.
Same.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I think the ones I came up with were either too easy or too difficult.
Depends on the mind that tries and solves the puzzle I guess. I think there is rough amount in each boat.

I tried SWEETTREATS a few times before I realised that wasn't even related for question 17..

I got 20 for all the wrong reasons. I had no idea it was referencing smash bros, instead I put in Villager since I thought it meant what comes to meet you once you come to your town or what can cause a hostility in your town or something like that.

Btw just by checking out every stickied thread you could find 50% of the eggs.
Yeah, that's how I found some of mine haha. Checked mostly all popular threads, stickies, or rules.

This was so much fun! Again; a huge thank you to Jeremy and Thunder for this! <3

Animal Crossing Wiki has become my new best friend now, LOL. It's how I found Farley and Sweet Day, though I admit that it took a lot of searching and clicking.

I found Farley because he was mentioned on Serena's page, so I thought "Let me try that then". Sweet Day I found because at some point I used a synonym for "treats" (namely candy) and Sweet Day was in the list of results. Until then I had been trying all the insects and fish that I could think of and the fact that ants can be found on candy made me try a search for candy. Villager I found via Google by searching for "animal crossing fight" and reading the normal Wiki page.

I'm not sure there was a lot of logic in my searching, but hey, it worked! ^_^

That being said, New Leaf is my first game so I'd never heard of Farley and Sweet Day, but the answers weren't impossible to find, even for those who aren't familiar with the previous games. I really like that; so, good job Jeremy and Thunder! <3

Is the "dark blue storm" egg on Thunder's profile? I checked his VMs and there were none.
I could have missed it..
But I just realised. #17... was easy. I've been searching NINTENDOLAND for hours during the event and didn't realise I was so close.
Thanks for the fun event! :)

This was so much fun! Again; a huge thank you to Jeremy and Thunder for this! <3

Is the "dark blue storm" egg on Thunder's profile? I checked his VMs and there were none.
I could have missed it..
But I just realised. #17... was easy. I've been searching NINTENDOLAND for hours during the event and didn't realise I was so close.
Thanks for the fun event! :)

No, it was found on the post I made on my promotion thread.

I'm happy you guys enjoyed it! Makes planning these things all the better.

Last edited:
It was a very fun event itself, but #21 deeply penalized newer members. It was more obvious for people who were there when a thunder was promoted and finding the thread itself was quite hard!
#17, you got to know a bit about other games!
But for FERLAY, I actually guessed as I knew Serena, from GameCube version, and her wiki page linked back to him, luckily. Otherwise I think somebody who's fairly young wouldn't have guessed him :/
Well nothing can be fair, even the release of the new clues weren't done in advantage for all timezones.

AC wiki and the advance search on the here have been my best friends for the last two days!

Great fun and big thanks for the staff! Get thinking of the next event, we will all be ready! :)

Ahh mannnnn. The last couple are so obvious when you know them.

I'm pretty sure I tried villager though xD

Thanks for hosting this guys! You completely hijacked my weekend xD Was fun though :)

Haaaaah, glad I didn't try for Egg 17 because I never would've known it at all.
tumblr_m9gcuvmluS1qzckow.gif

And I knew Egg 21 had something to do with Thunder, I just didn't know where to look! Same with Egg 18's Frozen, though I was mostly looking for people with Frozen sigs, ahahaha.

I thought Egg 4 referred to something in the shop. Gah.

I think the one I'm most frustrated about is the 500 quacks egg. I've been in the Quack, Before the Mods Come thread looking for where they hit 500 but there were waaaaaaaay too many posts. I scrolled through pages and pages and couldn't find it and eventually I just gave up. But sheesh. I could've gotten it. Hmph.
tumblr_m9gcl3DN2F1qzckow.gif

All in all, a really fun event! Thank you! I love my eggs~

I typed in villager into clue 20 and it didn't give me the egg. :|

Oh well, my luck.

EDIT: I SPELLED IT WITH AN S UUGGGHH

EDIT: I found a point where 500 quacks were reached but only Thunder and Gallows posted, so apparently they reached it before. >_>

Last edited:
I am pretty new here, I have only been a member a few weeks. I had a lot of fun seeing different parts of the forum from the ones I usually visit and didn't feel my newness penalized me at all. I think the puzzle questions were my weakest spot and now that I see the answers I realize I was so close, just typed the wrong thing, so I feel better :)

This was very good fun (even the hard parts I didn't get) and obviously a lot of work for the staff, thank you very much!!!

I am pretty new here, I have only been a member a few weeks. I had a lot of fun seeing different parts of the forum from the ones I usually visit and didn't feel my newness penalized me at all. I think the puzzle questions were my weakest spot and now that I see the answers I realize I was so close, just typed the wrong thing, so I feel better :)

This was very good fun (even the hard parts I didn't get) and obviously a lot of work for the staff, thank you very much!!!

I agree! I am very grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back