• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🐷TBT's Favorite Pig Villagers🐷

Who are your favorite piggos?

• Truffles

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Rasher

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • Kevin

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • Agnes

Votes: 78 43.1%
  • Pancetti

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Cobb

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Peggy

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Spork

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Curly

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Boris

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Hugh

Votes: 30 16.6%
  • Chops

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • One of the normals! (Gala, Lucy, or Maggie)

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters

Chungus

Freshly Delivered Something Or Other
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Cherry (Fruit)
In the same spirit as my previous mouse villager thread, I want to bring attention to another underrated species with untapped potential: pigs! With so many good villagers along with the absolute cursed (or maybe even blursed) ones, the pigs deserve more attention one way or another.

Case in point: the blessed Kevin and the cursed Truffles!

Kevin_NH.png Truffles_NH.png

These are villagers I not only met in New Horizons, but have changed my entire trajectory as far as my enjoyment of the series goes. I've been absolutely ruined by them! Let's start off with Kevin...

When I first started the game, my starter jock was none other than Kevin! His freckly, happy face, coupled with the endearing starter jock dialogue (talking about me "working the muscles" of our friendship and so on), threw a wrench into my plans of creating a purely Dragon Ball Z based island. Why would I swap Kevin out for a weeb monkey (Flip) when this adorable baby boar (Kevin) is always so good to me?

Furthermore, I learned my favorite reaction, "Flourish," from Kevin (the first of the secret reactions for me).

ebe9acfd96747b42802fa9bd323071a467855a33r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg

That's not even the sweetest thing. What were the odds that the game blessed me with not only the cutest starter jock pig, but my birthday buddy?? Through the power of RNG, I was united with him: Kevin and I were both born on April 26. It made my day to see Kevin attending my own birthday party before going back to his house to celebrate his birthday!

EhLo2-3U8AUun-S
EsXPdDNUYAA9pCk

If that's not what a best friend in Animal Crossing is, I don't know what is!

While Kevin was certainly a result of fate, I'd argue that Truffles was equally as fateful—but on the opposite end of the spectrum!

You know how you're supposed to receive your starter smug in the campsite? Well, RNG decided to be weird to me that day and sent me Truffles, a peppy villager!

EsXPdDGUUAAUUyg
truffless.jpg

If this is your first time seeing Truffles, you may be wondering... That's a girl? Wait, that's a peppy villager and not a cranky or uchi? Why does she have such heavy brows? Why does she look like she wants to kill me, yet also wants to be my best friend? What's exactly up with that joker-slasher smile, anyway?

Those are the real questions. I asked all of them at once when Truffles arrived, then told everyone I knew about her. I gathered a small following among my friends we call the "Truffle Cult." Ever since the forming of this particular cult, we've been leaving horrific drawings of Truffles on each others' message boards.

EsXPdDvUcAEsLcj

I even mailed a cursed drawing of Truffles—along with Truffle's amiibo card—to one of my friends.
I can supply this specific picture on request, but note that you're going to need eyebleach soon afterwords.

So despite Truffles's questionable design, she's become a sort of friendship bracelet among my friends and me. And now, I genuinely adore her and can't imagine my Animal Crossing life without her! She's so fun in a way only villagers with "horrific" designs are.

I am happy to have met both Kevin and Truffles by sheer chance and memes! ❤ 🤗

Now's your turn! Who's your favorite pig and why?

mine are:
rasher
kevin
crackle (spork)
boris

i love these precious bois 💕
my overall favourite is crackle because he is such a lil cutie, i'm trying to convince my mum to let me get more amiibos so i can make crackle
i need him on my island sooon

i currently have rasher and he is so funny
Screenshot_20210122-122017.jpg

i actually love him lol

i've never had boris or kevin but i still really like them 😊

mine are:
rasher
kevin
crackle (spork)
boris

i love these precious bois 💕
my overall favourite is crackle because he is such a lil cutie, i'm trying to convince my mum to let me get more amiibos so i can make crackle
i need him on my island sooon

I have Spork/Crackle's amiibo card if you want me to help you out ;)
I can scan him in my second switch and adopt him out to you if you'd like.

BTW your Rasher picture is to die for!! I love him, too! I just got his amiibo card yay!! :love:

I voted for Kevin, Agnes, Hugh and the normals, in particular Maggie. I've only actually had one pig, Hugh, as a villager in ACNH, he was one of my three starters when the 3 plots are built and I really liked him but I let him go when he requested so I could hunt villagers I wanted more. I voted for the other 3, despite never having them as villagers, as I think they have really interesting designs, especially Kevin with his tiger stripes on the head.
Out of every AC game I've played I have only ever had one other pig villager, Truffles, who haunted me in WW and never left, despite managing to scare away every other villager that I wanted to stay. While he'll never be my favourite its nice to see he's getting some love.

I have Spork/Crackle's amiibo card if you want me to help you out ;)
I can scan him in my second switch and adopt him out to you if you'd like.

BTW your Rasher picture is to die for!! I love him, too! I just got his amiibo card yay!! :love:
tysm for offering, that's so sweet of u 😊
but i'll get his card soon, i know it hehe :3

also ikr, rasher is such a groovy villager haha 💞
i just convinced my sister to give me her amiibo of him (only took 3 years lol)

voted for agnes ! i plan to get her back on my island after the 12? villager cycle thing as she is a starter villager on my current island and i heart her

I'm not a huge fan of pig villagers however....

I would like to see more love for Chops. Chops is a great smug villager. I like almost all the smug guys and Chops is pretty great. He's got an elegant house and wears the military jacket. He's got amazing mustaches. He's like a character from an old Victorian novel or something. Give him a try people.

I also love Agnes. She is so cute and her house is lovely. She gave me a number of excellent flower recipes.

Out of every AC game I've played I have only ever had one other pig villager, Truffles, who haunted me in WW and never left, despite managing to scare away every other villager that I wanted to stay. While he'll never be my favourite its nice to see he's getting some love.

AHAHAHAHAHA I'm glad to see that Truffles has ruined someone else's Animal Crossing experience! It's definitely a love-to-hate --> love relationship, for sure. 💗

By the way, Truffles is a woman, believe it or not... 😂 😭

Can.. I join the Truffles Cult? 🥺 😂

I said Agnes because I like her eyes. I have no piggie villagers yet on my island though.

You're more than welcome! 🎉 I should start designing badges for all the members! I'll alert the others that I've recruited another, too. 🤣 💀

I voted for Agnes. I haven't had any pig villagers on my islands yet, but I really want Agnes. I spent 76 tickets looking for her last week but gave up because I got bored of island hopping.

Eo6U2BQU8AAM475

Ek0QA1vU8AIdUuA

nVFTWPs.jpg
T3ikYMl.jpg

I love those piggos.I have a pig town in New Leaf with ten hogs and it's probably the most fun I've had creating a town in all the time I've played Animal Crossing.The back story of the town was that they were a gang of outlaw pig bikers that were so dangerous that they were all forced to live in a small town so the law could keep an eye on them.For New Horizons I have Spork and Gala and they're great but I wish I had room for more of those oinkers.

Funny you mention Kevin! He was one of my finalist for my island (ultimately I went with Rod because he fit my island theme more). I love his design! Plus orange is one of my favorite colors! I also voted for Peggy because I think her design is super cute! I love her hair and she reminds me a lot of Miss Piggy (I'm a big fan of the Muppets!).
Peggy_NH.png

I love those piggos.I have a pig town in New Leaf with ten hogs and it's probably the most fun I've had creating a town in all the time I've played Animal Crossing.The back story of the town was that they were a gang of outlaw pig bikers that were so dangerous that they were all forced to live in a small town so the law could keep an eye on them.For New Horizons I have Spork and Gala and they're great but I wish I had room for more of those oinkers.

OMG I love that backstory and all. Sounds like a fun and creative town! ❤ Link your New Leaf journal if you have one!

Edit: I just noticed all of your hogs have the same biker jacket!! OMGGGGGG

Funny you mention Kevin! He was one of my finalist for my island (ultimately I went with Rod because he fit my island theme more). I love his design! Plus orange is one of my favorite colors! I also voted for Peggy because I think her design is super cute! I love her hair and she reminds me a lot of Miss Piggy (I'm a big fan of the Muppets!).
View attachment 352869

Yes yes yes, thank you for mentioning Peggy! Peggy was the first pig villager I bonded with. I had her for the longest time on my New Leaf, but I ended up letting her go to make room for another villager. I lowkey kinda regret that, 'cause Peggy's soooo sweet and cute and I love her! 😍

Imagine having both the peppy Peggy and the peppy Truffles in one town/island at the same time. Who would win??

Agnes was a great Uchi when I had her in New Leaf, and I kept her since day 1 in my first complete town. Peggy I had in NH, and while I move her out due to starter house syndrome, I'd be fine moving her back in with her true home. She was so much fun to dress up!

I think Agnes is super cute! I was just looking to find a new uchi and, although I've ended up with Reneigh, I would've loved to have her on the island! I think she'll be my next uchi. I also love Hugh, although I've never actually had him in a town to my memory so not sure where that comes from. he just looks cute I guess

Back