• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
❤️❤️Here's my entry for the traditional art category!❤️❤️

valentineroo.jpg

Sweethearts Café at Happy Home Paradise is open for business to help you celebrate Valentine’s Day! 😊🎉💖

I was inspired to make a little model Valentine’s café (featuring besties Agnes and Patty), after decorating my own café at Happy Home Paradise in-game for Valentine’s Day! 😊💖 More pics in the spoiler below!

❤️ Happy belated Valentine’s everyone! ❤️

Summary
Café structure: Pine
Counter tables, wooden mini-table, wooden chairs, and hanging shelves: Balsa wood
Background, café sign, and dessert cabinet: All drawn on Procreate then printed!
Table cloth: A cute Paris-themed print material
Agnes and Patty: White polymer clay, painted with acrylic paint
Heart chocolates, presents, small accessories (cups, etc.): Coloured polymer clay
Carnations: A painted toothpaste cap, ribbon and tissue paper
Bunting: Twine and card stock​

Close-ups of finished items!

Café structure
ZyhlYQ7.jpg

Café inside
zIE3d0p.jpg

Hanging Shelves
qy9xQBF.jpg

Smaller items
2gdQqY2.jpeg

Namecard
ySHGQbm.jpg

Some added paper flower decorations
xpdnxYV.jpg

Inspiration
This was what I thought I’d use for inspiration, because I wanted to do my best (within the timeframe) to make the furniture like its in-game counterpart.
F85F5B7B-64C0-47C7-BBD4-66C6FE7F6266.jpeg

Initially I took progress pictures, but as time went on, I took fewer pictures, because I was so busy, so here’s a little collage of what I did take!

I started with making the wooden café structure because I needed something to help me scale everything! A long time ago, I made a dollhouse out of pine (for no reason, it just seemed like a nice challenge?), and so I thought making the wooden café set should be relatively simple. Can I say, it was harder than I remember? Somewhere between then and now I forgot geometry, so I cut the shape out of cardboard first to work out the angles and it turned out ok!

The balsa wood furniture was relatively easy to make, though initially I made the counter tables too big and I had to remake them. The one thing that worried me was sticking the Hanging Shelves to the ceiling (more angles and so few points of contact)! I ended up using a jar of paprika to hold it in place as the glue dried. 👌🌟

This was my first time using polymer clay too. These were all my first attempts as I didn’t have any time left to try anything again! 😊 The small items I made out of coloured clay, but Agnes and Patty were made out of white clay that I then painted.

Mini-timeline
UQE602k.jpg

Wallpaper
I drew the My Melody Wall because the flowers look like little hearts! I saved each background furniture item separately, so I could rearrange them on the page later.

IWThxd3.png

Thank you for reading! 😊🌟 This was a lot of fun. I always enjoy making bunting because it’s so cute, but I really loved trying out some stuff I hadn’t done before, or done in a really long time (which was practically everything)! 🌟

Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️❤️

RTXDZy2.jpg

Here’s my miscellaneous crafts entry. Stitches Valentine’s Macarons, the eyes and mouth are also mini macarons I attached with white chocolate ganache. These took soooooo long to make, but I had a fun time 🧡

View attachment 430673

While these are absolutely incredible, your entry has been made using food rather than arts and crafts materials therefore I cannot accept it. I won't for a second deny that this is artistic, before anyone reaches for the pitchforks, but to accept it would be unfair on the members who were told earlier in the thread that they couldn't submit food entries. You are welcome to re-submit.

While these are absolutely incredible, your entry has been made using food rather than arts and crafts materials therefore I cannot accept it. I won't for a second deny that this is artistic, before anyone reaches for the pitchforks, but to accept it would be unfair on the members who were told earlier in the thread that they couldn't submit food entries. You are welcome to re-submit.
Aww that’s too bad, I didn’t know food wasn’t allowed since it wasn’t stated in the first post. I don’t think I’ll have time to make another entry today, but thanks for giving me the chance to resubmit

Digital Art Entry: Love Potion Spell Trouble. Marshal managed to acquire an elusive item from Nook but he sure needs to pay attention to whom to use it on....

Happy Belated Valentines, everyone!
TBT Valentine_Love Potion Spell.png

Post automatically merged:

I should add that my entry reads from top down, right to left lol

Last edited:
Here is my submission in the category of traditional drawing.
I drew Marshal receiving a chocolate heart from me, in the handheld camera mode.

FMEWecmVIAERb43

P.S: bought a drawing kit on sale at a local craft store for this and future events. It's been a while I haven't drawn traditionally! It was fun!
\(^o^)/

I just went through the whole thread and omg there are so many amazing crafts here! You people are so talented!

And here's my entry for the digital art - Special Edition Valentine's Day Isabelle with a little gift just for you:

isa.png

The username might hard to see here's a close up:
muna.png

Storm Franklin has knocked out my router and I'm in the countryside right now, so loading this thread on mobile internet is a struggle. All entries that come in after this post won't be accepted until after the 11:59PM EST deadline.

If you have any urgent questions please either send me a private message or get me on Discord: Chris.#6870. The latter is the better option given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back