• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Celebrating Diversity 2023: Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhMaZ2D.jpg

I was inspired by the elephant watering cans in ACNH and my love for plants. Like plants, people come in all shapes, sizes, and have different personalities. Each plant is beautiful in its own way and deserving of love! We're all part of the same garden, trying to grow to our maximum potential :)

4TZY4bt.jpg

Excuse the bag on the bench (and my dad's shoes)...it was repotting day!

Hello! I'm really sorry for the super rushed entry I thought the deadline was the 27th not the 17th 😓
I promise this was gonna be way more complex with more characters and shading but I could only finish this much in time
I wanted to make this fun drawing of AC characters representing diversity that was inspired by the AC games box art covers. I also included my villager from last year Travis
TBT CD2023.jpg

Coming in with an entry right before the deadline! Woohoo!

The past year has been one of discovery for me. I realized I’m bisexual – a feeling I’ve had since I was a child, but through discussion with LGBTQ+ friends, introspection, and several *awakenings*, was finally able to admit to myself. I began dating my partner, who is a different race from me (I’m Indian and they’re white), and we’ve had to face cultural obstacles both serious and humorous. And we’re planning on moving in together soon!

IMG_0169.jpeg

To celebrate, I drew Goldie and Bea trading little date gifts. Goldie and her present represent the thoughtfulness, emotional maturity, and kindness that my partner provides so easily and lovingly. I’ve undergone a lot of emotional growth (that I didn’t even know I needed) for them, with them, alongside them. Bea and her sapling represent what I offer my partner: a new perspective of looking at things, a push to try new things, and a challenge just by my argumentative nature. We complement and inspire each other and I’m so grateful for them.

Happy Pride Month, everyone! ❤️

IMG_2397.png

I didn’t participate last year, so this year I wanted to try to design a villager too! My dad immigrated from El Salvador to Canada when he was a kid, so I wanted to design a villager inspired by the torogoz- the national bird of El Salvador! She is hanging out with Chip, who is Canada’s national animal- the beaver 🦫 Together they represent the cultures of both sides of my family 😊

i wanted to ask if it’s been decided yet how long the star frags will remain in the shop for after the contest voting ends and winners are announced? i wanted to buy mine on the 29th to commemorate my grad, but i’m not sure if they’ll still be in the shop then?

Just curious, was there a reason the rainbow jellyfish wasn’t included as a prize option for whoever places?

i wanted to ask if it’s been decided yet how long the star frags will remain in the shop for after the contest voting ends and winners are announced? i wanted to buy mine on the 29th to commemorate my grad, but i’m not sure if they’ll still be in the shop then?
We don't have a date set in stone, but given that we announced on the 7th that we are awarding the winners collectibles the 25th I'd advise that everyone spends them ASAP. We don't intend for people to hold onto event currency past an event's wrap-up date.

Just curious, was there a reason the rainbow jellyfish wasn’t included as a prize option for whoever places?
We consciously chose not to include this collectible, yes. We didn't forget about it.

Unfortunately life got too busy to participate this year, but I've just finished looking at and reading the entries, and you are all so talented and special, and I've loved seeing the celebration of something meaningful to you. ❤️ The TBT community is really something special. ☺️

vGSEmWx.jpg

Closeups:
hUKyJyd.jpg

qnUMhtz.jpg

Xk1mFtV.jpg

For this year's diversity event, I opted to make paper dolls representing just a few members of our fabulous community.

A subject I wanted to bring up on the topic of diversity, is that not all of our differences are visual, and in fact the majority of things that set us apart from one another are intangible. From upbringing, to neurodivergency, to invisible disabilities, the view through each individual's eyes is colored by a slew of factors. It's important to remember that you will never know by looking what's affecting someone, and to be aware of when our personal biases are leading us to assumptions.
S7pLEVs.jpg

Wx3cC5g.jpg

7muDrx4.jpg

ya5Qxw5.jpg

asl3Y7X.jpg

Featured Reps (Left to right):
@Blink. @MasterM64 @Millysaurusrexjr @Croconaw @Roxxy @jadetine @Firesquids (me) @xara @S.J. @Bluebellie
You guys ROCK! 💜
As always, you are so talented. I feel so blessed to be featured as one of your paper dolls! 😭❤️ I loved paper dolls as a kid! You also rock! Your entry speaks to me. Thank you for being so amazing and wonderful. 💖

Unfortunately life got too busy to participate this year, but I've just finished looking at and reading the entries, and you are all so talented and special, and I've loved seeing the celebration of something meaningful to you. ❤️ The TBT community is really something special. ☺️

As always, you are so talented. I feel so blessed to be featured as one of your paper dolls! 😭❤️ I loved paper dolls as a kid! You also rock! Your entry speaks to me. Thank you for being so amazing and wonderful. 💖
Thank you for the kind words! Happy to have made some awesome people smile. 💜
Everyone has such adorable reps so making them was a blast (though quite time consuming) there's a few others I really wanted to make but had to cut for time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back