• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Tags in The Cellar

Remove adding tags in this board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
So I have heard recently from some users in this board that they would like to see the use of the tagging feature outlawed for use in Mafia games for various reasons, including people using it from the dead or as a way of anonymous sending a message. I understand there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the last game about it too.

Anyway, we can actually just disable the adding of tags by users in this board entirely if that is desired. I'll post a poll in here and if it's fairly unanimous, I'll go ahead and do that soon.

Tags shouldnt be taken away imo. They could very well be just harmless fun and can be ignored. Just #no to bullies

I agree tags should be removed so "some users" don't abuse it. I didn't even know tags was a thing until it was abused, tbh.

i think tags should only be allowed by host

also can we vote on likes next

I don't see why tags need to go. They've always been a nice little unique aspect of each game and it's kinda fun going to read them when checking old games.

Having said that, if we decide to ban them, I won't be too upset. Just another instance of mean/stupid people ruining the fun for everyone else.

hi it's me here again

first off im really sorry about what i did and promise to never do it again. I have major self esteem issues and depression and I did it to feel bad about myself. I'm sorry. I don't want to be known as the guy who ruined tags, I'm sorry and I'm a terrible person.

hi it's me here again

first off im really sorry about what i did and promise to never do it again. I have major self esteem issues and depression and I did it to feel bad about myself. I'm sorry. I don't want to be known as the guy who ruined tags, I'm sorry and I'm a terrible person.

Are you diagnosed or smthing?

hi it's me here again

people are genuinely concerned about you. Talk to anyone you're close here about it if you want. Don't keep it inside.

hi it's me here again

it's ok punchy, tags have always been a problem, if anything you just brought the issue to light, nothing to beat yourself up over. you're deffo not a terrible person and we all love u <3

hi it's me here again

first off I'm really sorry about what I did and promise to never do it again. I have major self-esteem issues and depression and I did it to feel bad about myself. I'm sorry. I don't want to be known as the guy who ruined tags, I'm sorry and I'm a terrible person.

Punchy, you are not a terrible person. I'm the one who most likely would be associated with ruining tags because I brought the idea up in the first place. Tags don't serve no use to the game and/or is not used with it's attended purpose (tags making it easier to search for a game but if the tags are irrelevant to the game and not based off the context, it's hard to search for a certain game) so keeping them here is useless imo.

Also, if you are currently going through some mental health issues then maybe playing mafia isn't the best option since things can get heated at times. I suffer from mental health issues as well but I know that making anonymous tags targeting myself isn't gonna make me feel better, only make things worse. You should probably contact a school counselor or any adult is who is willing to help with your issues. Also, try deep breaths because they work for me too. <3

Excluding the 3 non-maf players who voted no and the 1 who voted yes, the vote is 15 v 6. I think it's a fair maj to disable tags

Back