• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT 3.0 - Is Now Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing my collectibles!
edit: they’re working! Yay!

I do have a question as well if anyone can answer— is there any kind of workaround for displaying collectibles in a non-chronological order, rather than in the order I purchased them? My birthstones always show out of order for this reason bc I got them at multiple intervals.

Last edited:
@Jeremy is the flea not meant to have a background anymore?

if it is meant to still, do you by any chance need a supply of the old flea collectible image?
Fixed!

Any word when they're going to refund those who had the avatar width extension?
I too would like to know

This will be formally announced tonight, but you can actually already do that by selling it back in your inventory. You'll receiving half of its most recent price back. We will also be giving extra bells to users who bought it in the last couple of months (if they inform us) since they wouldn't have gotten much use out of it.

I do have a question as well if anyone can answer— is there any kind of workaround for displaying collectibles in a non-chronological order, rather than in the order I purchased them? My birthstones always show out of order for this reason bc I got them at multiple intervals.
it's always chronological order (ignoring oblivia's special ones from jeremy(?) mucking around)
Post automatically merged:

actually, another thing I'm noticing: is it not possible to have the message show when you hover over a collectible anymore, or is that another thing being tinkered around with?

it's always chronological order (ignoring oblivia's special ones from jeremy(?) mucking around)
Post automatically merged:

actually, another thing I'm noticing: is it not possible to have the message show when you hover over a collectible anymore, or is that another thing being tinkered around with?
Ah, thank you! I was hoping sometime that could be bypassed in some way or another. Perhaps thats something they could allow for in the future.

also hey, you can see the number of items sold for any collectible too now in the info listing

I don't think it counts for certain staff generated ones though, if the info I noticed when I got into the full collectibles database before after they just recently ported over was any indication (13 weird dolls instead of at least 18 and 0 thunder flames instead of at least 1 as notable examples)

though stuff like trophies seems to show the full number, so my guess is if it was ever made purchasable, then the staff generated numbers won't show. but if it was never made purchasable, then the full count will be listed

so, in short:
  • every one of that collectible was purchased: the sold count will account for every item
  • the collectible was made purchasable, but some were staff generated through raffle winnings or whatever: the sold count will only account for those that were purchased
  • the collectible was never made purchasable and only distributed by staff as prizes and such: the sold count will account for every item
I think

ps: what was a "turnip test"?

Last edited:
click the collectible
Even when I click on the collectible I can't see the message either. Maybe some of us had to have our messages wiped?

Example: this used to have a message of <3 from Jacob. Interestingly it says the wand was never gifted even though he sent it to me.

click the collectible
Still can't scroll over it to view the message preview. Also what about viewing dates? When I clicked on one of my sakuras it said it was created Dec 31 1969 and it was last edited on Monday. Neither of those dates are when it was actually purchased lol.

EDIT: Actually no, when you click on it you see the description for the collectible, not the message on it. The Kirby Egg has no description so when you click on it it doesn't show anything.

Still can't scroll over it to view the message preview. Also what about viewing dates? When I clicked on one of my sakuras it said it was created Dec 31 1969 and it was last edited on Monday. Neither of those dates are when it was actually purchased lol.

EDIT: Actually no, when you click on it you see the description for the collectible, not the message on it. The Kirby Egg has no description so when you click on it it doesn't show anything.

Even when I click on the collectible I can't see the message either. Maybe some of us had to have our messages wiped?

Example: this used to have a message of <3 from Jacob. Interestingly it says the wand was never gifted even though he sent it to me.

jer said some messages had to be wiped

About 600 collectibles on the site had the bad symbols in their messages. About 150 of those had to have their messages wiped completely, but we can possibly restore them on a case-by-case basis. More details about that will come with tonight's announcement. User title color changes will also be fixed soon.

Yay collectibles are back! Thank u~

1587254212496.png

also..... I just saw somebody's lineup and realized the flea has a background now.... but it's off-center, I can't unsee it help sksksks

Screenshot-2020-04-18-at-7-01-24-PM.png
click it from your lineup, not inventory

though this message looks like it was an unfortunate causality, sadly

click it from your lineup, not inventory

though this message looks like it was an unfortunate causality, sadly
Still nothing except the generic collectible description 🤷‍♀️
And it's the same for all my collectibles....did every collectible message get wiped if a person had one bad collectible?
(It's not a big deal I'm not going to demand to get them back I'm just curious haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back