• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Stories in the Shadows (Evergreen and The Poliwags Cabins)

thumbnail_PXL_20210823_173920672.MP.jpg
Beware, the terrifying 4 eyed bat-beast approaches! Prepare your sacrifices and be under your covers by nightfall, lest you be greeted by his horrifying visage. It is said that if all four of it's wretched eyes meet your gaze, you will be left a hollow husk, doomed to wander soullessly though an otherworldly plain for the rest of your days
thumbnail_PXL_20210823_174032830.MP.jpg
thumbnail_PXL_20210823_174133676.NIGHT.jpg

9A4634D6-98AF-43B3-8A65-3EA18AD5896D.jpeg
EF390BBB-6D39-4DF8-A66F-709F65C83677.jpeg

Exploring past the mountains and to a previous place, the woodlands edges, you happen to be walking right past a large web, almost 3 feet in diameter! Is there some gigantic spider monster right behind you, getting ready to feast? Nope! This is the habitat and home to the Spiny Orb Weaver, a harmless, small spider, and a helpful one as well! Measuring only about 5-9 millimeters in length, the Spiny Orb Weaver has a crab-like shell. They easily kill and get rid of pests and flies!

wolf1.jpg

The clouds parted, revealing a bright full moon. There was a howl in the distance. A thick fog started to roll in. It occurred to me one of our counsellors had been strangely absent that night. Another howl, this time closer. We were always told werewolves didn't exist...

wolf2.jpg

BunnySlugShadow.jpeg

It's a slimy slithering bunny slug! It has two great big eyes (a spike on each eye), a pronged tongue, a fluffy bunny tail, a tiny lil nose, an elongated oval-ish body, and protruding spine coming out of its back. They are venomous, but slow. Stay out of its way and you'll be okay!
BunnySlugShadowSetUp.jpeg

I used a baseball cap, a knit hat, a safety pin, a USB lamp, half of a scissor, a small slinky, two buttons, a zipper, and a mini traffic cone to make up the creature. To stabilize the items, I used a chair, cookie tin, giant slinky, dice bag, top of a candle holder, and alien tape. My crappy phone was the light source and I used my husband's phone to take the pictures. My username is on the post-it note on the knit hat.

skrgnOk.jpg

Up here in the great white north, it looks like a penguin has emerged from its slumber! It looks like its flippers have mutated to have pointed claws on the end, than the round flippers we are so used to seeing penguins with. Likely a natural evolution to take advantage of its environment. With its pointy flippers spread wide, it looks like it's ready to go out and conquer the day!

ulr8w6t.jpg

(Honestly, a penguin wasn't my first idea, but the body of the shadow just reminded me so much of a penguin that I felt it was more fitting, lmao)

Last edited:
I present to you "Pebble", the miniature unicorn with a soft spot for pebble cupcakes. What's a pebble cupcake? Pebble cupcakes are indulgent but fattening rainbow cupcakes, which explains Pebble's large build. Some people might say he is becoming "a" pebble cupcake. Perhaps he should've been called "Boulder". 🦄

HFEP9rb.jpg

7JvLufz.jpg

This chubby fella consists of a pen holder, two scrunchies, two marking pens, and a graphics tablet pen.

It seems that the beloved Dino Plushie has come to life! 🦕 I didn’t think plushies were alive, but you never know in this Camp. He’s waking up and very hungry. What is he craving, you might ask? CAMPERS.
95C6606D-480B-4072-9FEE-A6B60CB14BC8.jpeg

It contains a three cardboard boxes, a hockey jersey, a Bones plushie, a smaller horse plushie, and a hat.
55D0EB32-D84C-4520-8CC7-F6CA71B66795.jpeg

As I rest in my tent from exploring the depths of the mountain jungle, I heard a faint noise as if someone or something stepped on wood or branches on the ground. I turn on my lamp and slowly open my eyes, to my surprise to see a shadow above my tent. But it quickly ran off as I started to get get up. I heard from the natives of small little beings, gremlin like with fur and long tentacles that lurk at night to scavenge food. I was warned to clean up after every meal. I better do that now before it comes back.
29501706-CBAC-49B6-B685-2C0083624299.jpeg

B67EF7ED-6109-4382-9350-8ED8E82D13B9.jpeg

Don’t know why it’s sideways. Maybe because I uploaded using my phone.

This is the long-necked boxhead. It is most known for, of course, it’s long neck. It also has very thin wings that are mainly for show because usually their heads are too heavy for them to be able to fly around.
0srQAAc.jpg[img]

SPOILER]

Annabelle had been hiding in the shadows for a long time. She had seen the Campers arrive the previous day and wanted to taste their blood their s'mores. Out she ran creating a loud pitched cackling noise from deep within her throat. She knew she could easily catch one or two of the campers as they ran, but was distracted by the fragment smell of marshmallows toasting on the campfire. She forgot about the campers as she enjoyed their snacks and goodies. She was content and returned back to the shadows, never to be seen again.

received_589587095747733.jpeg

received_281497420531090.jpeg

This creature appears to be a gigantic insect of some sort. It has seven eyes which glow in the dark as well as two antennae. It isn't known what its diet is, but I'd rather not try to find out personally.
0KkzICz.jpg

8q4K0fV.jpg

Beware, wayward campers, of the Mechanical Crab! Part robot, part crab.... This horrid creature lurks in the cover of darkness just waiting for unsuspecting passersby... If you feel something scratchy brush by your legs, that could be its furry legs... If you feel a truly terrible pinch that could make even the crankiest villager cry, then you most certainly got caught in its big, fearsome pincers! But if you're clever enough, you can escape because these creatures have one weakness: the off switch!
Scary Shadow.jpg

Not so Scary Shadow.jpg

I became a modern day Dr. Frankenstein putting this strange creature together 😅 I used two umbrellas, a rolled-up yoga mat, a slingshot with some pipe cleaners, a couple of spoons, one of my backpacks, my scarf and lastly my crayon piggybank to hold the whole contraption up. This...was no easy feat. Finding the right sorts of objects, that is.

What is this? Is it a hedgehog? A rhino? ..a Rhinohog? Nobody knows, but it sure is scary looking!!
Luckily it seems to not have feet, so it is rather slow and we will be able to safely run away!

UgYHVFd.jpg
Jba3vVA.jpg

suddenly, without warning, it appeared! a foreign being from another unknown world outside of our known existence, that may or may not be organic life. Many questions swirl through your mind at the sight of such a creature(?), although the most important question you should be asking is thus: is it friend or fiend?
20210826_041253_1_1_1.jpg

20210826_041304_HDR.jpg
20210826_041609_1.jpg

Back