• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Stories in the Shadows (Evergreen and The Poliwags Cabins)

Behold the Construction Caterpillar. It is a common breed of large caterpillar that does not undergo the process of metamorphosis and instead remains in its caterpillar form to work together with follow brethren to rebuild any areas of the Forest that have been damaged or destroyed by excessive human activity. It is naturally born with protective headwear (safety first!) and is safe to approach, unless you have the intent to destroy the delicate ecosystem that it works so hard to protect.

JpZ6LcS.jpg

09iMIHY.jpg

I was woken from my slumber by a shuffling noise. I had heard tales of a congested creature with a sizable snout lurking in these hills. Slowly I crept out of my sleeping bag, unzipped the tent, and looked out into the moonlit night, my camera raised before me. The creature gave a startled yelp, and I fell backward into the tent, the camera flashing. In a blink, the creature was gone and I was once again alone. I looked through the pictures, all useless, save one shocking image that captured the shadow of… the legendary Spiny Snuffler!

View attachment 395852
View attachment 395853
Lambchop doin’ a headstand with her yoga block
I honestly thought you used a Godzilla fig to make this. Very well done :)

on lonely, dark nights, you may find yourself burdened with the company of creatura patchwork, otherwise known as the “patchwork creature”. its name comes from its patchwork body of various different animal parts all sewn together; the ears of a cat, the horn of a unicorn, etc. but don’t be mistaken - it didn’t sew itself together or even collect its parts on its own. someone did that for it. to it. and it’s angry.

if you’re ever unfortunate enough to gaze your eyes upon creatura patchwork, you may notice that it’s head is slightly crooked. you may also notice that it’s staring longingly at yours.

it’s tired of animal parts.

BE79019E-0D74-4879-987D-8F605CF0A86F.jpeg

52BF3186-9E2F-4D19-95DE-53399BFB0891.jpeg
AEE011B5-37DC-4AAD-B136-93BF6D29C9F9.jpeg
god i hope this is good enough xjndsk. 🤞🏻

It's a spiky little frog creature with... a very huge head? Not to mention it's huge mouth is full with rows of shark teeth. I sure hope this thing can't jump as high and far as frog because this little creature doesn't look too happy... I think it's best I leave before it spots me.

image0.jpg

I can't even explain what the thing on the cat figurines head is... I know it was some weird project from one of my classes in freshmen year of college but I can't tell you what it is and what the heck it's made of LOL.
image0.jpg

the mysterious floating cat head.. a creature often found in groups of it's kind, floating over lakes, rivers, and occasionally ever at the tips of pine trees! native to the mountains camp tbt is visiting, they are a rare site indeed!
E07240E6-9DF6-404E-ACFA-81816B2E39F7.jpeg

D88DD973-11A8-472F-BB32-56B4AB161CA5.jpeg

What is this? I too ask myself this question as I sit on my dining room floor trying to take pictures of it. It’s small, but it moves quickly. How did it get inside? I only managed to captured its shadow, but this nameless creature had a stubby little body and chubby little arms. That’s not hair on it’s head either, it appears to be, a lovely cosmos crown?

4289709C-69FF-4BAD-950A-EE0C56660547.jpeg

The set up is literally two balls of string, two hair ties, and three mini skewers (one holding the two balls of string together). The shoebox was just to raise it above the floor.

I actually don’t know how you guys have made really great shadows, because this was my third attempt (and I made a fourth attempt after realising this was terrible, which clearly didn’t work out!).

Plus blue origami heart for the cabin besties. 🎉 💙

3C071DE2-F9DB-478E-8CF9-1151545CDEDE.jpeg

26ECD3C4-2189-47BE-ADB2-7EE5B26DD707.jpeg

The fabled night fairy, don’t blink or you may miss it! It skitter across waters, and blurs against the tree lines. Some say the dense forests are were this fairy, along with its fellow kind, live. High up in the trees. But, try as they might, none are ever able to find them. Almost if they disappear, marvel at their beauty while they allow.

CB58DB47-780A-48DE-8CAE-0AEF6259C8B3.jpeg

I don’t have a flashlight, or a lamp, the the best thing I could make the shadow with was my iPad turned up to full brightness. Every setup I tried, though, came out looking like blobs so I used my hand lol! I had to turn the light back on, so the note could be seen, and it turned the “fairy” into a pony xD probably could’ve used this shadow instead tbh.

IMG_4407.JPG

Meet Gerald the one-eared gorilla! He was already born with one ear, so he has difficulty hearing what you have to say. Despite his unusual appearance and skinny build, Gerald is a kind gorilla and wants to be friends with you. Looks aren't everything, you know.

Oh wait, it's not a gorilla after all!
IMG_4410.JPG

I hope this gets accepted since my creativity isn't that great in this area lol.

20210829_154053 (1).png

"Iron Maiden"
Those piercing eyes illuminated the area as it pushed itself over the horizon. Its arms look as if it's crafted from solid steel, not made for general use but for the one purpose of knocking down anything that blocks its path... and that brain stuck out like a sore thumb, almost like that's its only weakpoint, with the antennae acting as the guide by violently pulling it into the direction it wants it to go, which makes me wonder if its eyesight is even useful. Even through the silhouette I could see it pulsing, veins coarsing all over its body...I've never seen anything like it.
20210829_155059.png
The bottle itself produces the veiny effect in the shadow, so i hope its ok!

The honk-nosed punk fairy is identifiable by its multicolored spiky hair and very honkable nose. Due to how tempting it is to honk their noses, they've developed a defense mechanism of releasing a powerful odor if their nose gets pressed, squeezed, or compressed. It takes hours for the smell to go away so you better not touch that cute lil nose unless you want your friends to make fun of your newly acquired Fancy Old Lady smell.
IMG_20210829_234624.jpg

IMG_20210829_234710.jpg

291134B2-4BAD-427C-9CD7-F475EC0FC6A2.jpeg

Legend says there’s a three eyed snail that lurks around these parts. They’re much bigger than your average snail and much faster, anyone who’s supposedly come across them says they always appear slightly blurry - even when they seem to be sitting still! What the legends never mentioned, though? That the snail seems to have some kind of light beam shooting out from its shell... I can’t say I’m too eager to find out what that does.

2B2D2815-8D28-4422-B618-F3E4E4AA9E62.jpeg

Hi everyone! I figured I'd give you all an update because we're coming up on the end of the event: You have until 7PM EDT today (Sunday) to post your entries and vote for your favourites. This is in a little less than six hours from this post!

Thanks everyone for the entries so far! For those that are still finishing up: be aware that there will not be an opportunity to correct your entry past the deadline, though, so make sure your entry fits the requirements!

Staff entries are not eligible!

While I was swimming with my cabin buddies in the Ocean, I saw so many beautiful fish! Oh wow, here's one.. I think it's called a.. uh what was the name? It escapes me. OH it was the booterfly fish! I've never seen the mystical booterfly fish in person. They're so pretty!

blurry-small.jpg

(This was actually hard to make.. so sorry for the blurry pic, lol)
Oops, my bad. It's a paper cutout. 😛
setup-small.jpg

Staff entries are not eligible.

Oh no! Seems like completing the statue pieces have summoned the monstrosities they depicted! The beastly giant of the Woodlands is now wrecking havoc in a nearby city. With both thick fur and tough scales, it's near impossible to take this bear down.
IMG_3638.JPG

Hope this is fine. 😇
image0.jpg

Don't actually submit paper/cardboard cutouts. I'm just messing with Mick, sorry Mick. 😂

Back