• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

stardew valley romance options?

i went with haley! i think shes quite charming and funny but she also develops a lot as a person the closer you are with her.
While she isn’t my first female pick (Penny is), I love to see some love for Haley. In fact, I have the most hearts with her in my current save file. 😅

I don't get Hayley but i do need to explore more characters as friends. It is hard but the heart events are really cute. Shane i chatted to as a bit of a challenge and he is now being quite sweet. I must admit i have romanced one person but winter started so i cant get the item in order to propose. I think i will possibly get married as it seems the next step but until the next rainy day which i guess will be in spring?

Its a fun game and i still have so much to learn :love:

Shane was my favorite. I'm a sucker for a man that struggles with personal demons, haha. I appreciated the personal growth he went through to help with his drinking problem. Plus I think he's love for chickens is adorable! :)

ah **** here we go again. so i have romanced every single person to get the cheating end (but with the rabbits foot to be lucky) however i have only ever married 3 of them: penny, shane and harvey. My all time fav is Penny, as she is entirely my type: redhead, reads books and is soft. i love her. i also enjoyed harvey as i thought he was very sweet and gentle. IMO you cant really go wrong with any of the romance options, as they all have something that makes them great. i am planning to start a new farm soon so that i can romance elliot as i like that he is a writer and has a much more prominent creative side compared with all the other bachelors

I think the only person I've successfully married was Abigail. She's one of my favorites. mainly because shes cute and likes vidya geams
I've gotten close to marrying Leah, but I think I deleted that save, I don't remember why.

I married Dr Harvey 😊 He is a really sweet character and always makes me breakfast 😂 Keeps going on about massages too 😆

He was so easy to build up friendship hearts with. Coffee and flowers are about my level 💐

It's hard because I want to marry Linus, but he's not an actual romance option. But he's so sweet
🥺

I married Shane on my first (and only for now) farm, he's very sweet! If I make another save file I'd like to get to know Alex, he seems cool.

I like Emily the most of the romanceable characters. she is simply vibing
Maru and Sam are my two runner-up picks though. Think I’ll try to marry Sam in my next playthrough.

when i first played i held out for shane to be marriageable, which i now regret for a variety of reasons. my current playthrough i plan on marrying alex (hayley is my favourite female, i have a type hehe)

when i first played stardew i was very meh on everyone and now i find it hard to pick between them all, they all have their charms

In past files I've picked Sebastian, Shane, Harvey and Emily. I didn't think I'd love Emily as much as I do when I first went into that file but she MIGHT be my favorite out of all the marriage candidates. She's just so endearingly quirky and happy. Sebastian is really cute though, too, especially with how he warms up to you. Shane's cutscenes can get heavy, but I still have a place in my heart for him. Harvey is just dang adorable and geeky.

I was tempted to try Elliott or Alex for my next file, or maybe Leah?

i picked shane because i have problems LOL. for some reason i'm drawn to characters who're complete jerks on the outside but slowly warm up once you get to know them

I pretty much decided to go with Haley from the moment I met her. She was so rude at first! lol But she warms up to you once you get to know her a bit better. I like Penny as well. Maybe I'll go with her the next time.

The one I really want to marry though is Pam. But it's not to be so we'll just be friends.

Shane! Ugh. I have this thing for quiet guys who are just trying to fight their struggles. He really does turn over a new leaf and works on his issues which is admirable.

On my second playthrough I played on PC with the Shane mod that adds more depth and dialogue to his character and I enjoyed it just as much.

Plus the chickens are so cute!

the first time i played, i picked alex because he's most vanilla-looking (???) and maybe the most conventionally attractive to me back when i was 14 lol (i was also really used to heteronormativity so i didn't even consider marrying any of the girls back then :'''))

i didn't really like alex in the end because his little room had football wallpaper which messed up my house's aesthetic, lol, but since then, i've married penny, elliott, and leah. i really liked elliott (sappy, but i'm a hopeless romantic so i like it haha), and penny and leah are great in their own ways too. i'm thinking of marrying harvey (a financially stable man!) or sebastian (most similar to me career-wise, but maybe not as much interest-wise - i never tried or got into stuff like D&D) next.

reviving this thread because I have Things to Say™️ on this topic
I intend to make files for the other characters at some point so I can see all their heart events, but my favorite character and the one I ended up marrying is Elliott! ;v; He's super sweet, if a bit melodramatic at times—some of his lines/events also gave me the impression of someone who probably spends more time with books than with people and is a bit socially awkward as a result, which I personally found to be really endearing.
But also he seems to be someone who can get a lot of joy out of the little things and I was like actually no please keep telling me about the random tiny crab you found in your pocket and the tiny sunbeam that woke you up!! I love that kind of energy!! He's even nice enough to sympathize with spiders, which I cannot relate to, but can respect.

Back