• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Stardew Valley?? Newbie interested in getting the game

i've never played it myself but i really want it ♡

i have watched my sister play and it just looks like a harvest moon game with pokemon ranger graphics lol
it looks like it has a similar storyline to harvest moon/story of seasons games but i've only seen 1 hour of gameplay so i could be wrong 😅

The basic premise is that you inherit a farm that you slowly improve over time. The "main story" would probably be repairing the community center, which involves collecting a variety of items and resources and takes quite awhile. Individual townspeople also have their own little stories that you get to see once you become better friends with them. I've played a LOT of stardew valley so I could answer any other questions you might have! :D

i've never played it myself but i really want it ♡

i have watched my sister play and it just looks like a harvest moon game with pokemon ranger graphics lol
it looks like it has a similar storyline to harvest moon/story of seasons games but i've only seen 1 hour of gameplay so i could be wrong 😅
Yeah I have always seen it and it looks like a really cute game :)
Post automatically merged:

The basic premise is that you inherit a farm that you slowly improve over time. The "main story" would probably be repairing the community center, which involves collecting a variety of items and resources and takes quite awhile. Individual townspeople also have their own little stories that you get to see once you become better friends with them. I've played a LOT of stardew valley so I could answer any other questions you might have! :D
Does the game ever end or is it like animal crossing where you just keep improving your farm? And is there like side quests ? Main quests that you have to complete ?

The game goes on for as long as you want like animal crossing! There are side quests in that townspeople can send you letters asking for particular items, like seasonal crops, fruit, fish, or foods. There are also requests by the townspeople that refresh every couple of days as well as community requests that last for several days that give you cool rewards for completing them. There are some other more long-term ones as well, like getting to a particular level in the mines. There is a journal (quest log) that helps you keep track of all the side quests. I would also consider getting to know the townspeople and watching the cutscenes you can have with them to also be a sort of side quest. The main quest is repairing the community center (or paying the Jojamart a lot of money instead, but that's wayyyyyy less fun), which often takes quite awhile since some of the items can be quite difficult to obtain. It's a really fun game with a lot to do! I would definitely recommend it.

Yeah I have always seen it and it looks like a really cute game :)
Post automatically merged:

Does the game ever end or is it like animal crossing where you just keep improving your farm? And is there like side quests ? Main quests that you have to complete ?

There is a main questline and the latest updated added a whole bunch of end game stuff. You also get a decent number of side quest. I guess the real end would be buying all the expensive items since it'll take a lot of in game years to get enough money.

If you get on PC, there's mods you can install to get more content.

I wasn't expecting to fall in love with Stardew when I first got it but I find I've actually been playing it more than AC lately. There's a lot of stuff you can do in the game, sometimes I even find there's so many things I want to do on a given day I have to spread it out across several days in the game! I have finished my community center and even got married and I haven't run out of things to do yet. Actually, the further into it I go the more money have, and the more things I can do. I think I'll be playing this particular save file for a long time to come!

Hey I’m interested in getting into stardew valley does anyone have any info about the main story of the game ?

If you ever loved any of the harvest moon games, stardew is a sure win. The story comes in snippets and encounters with the village, but the overall idea is you are left a farm by your grandfather and it's up to you to form the land and plan your farm, I highly, highly recommend mods because they literally add new towns and everything. Another bonus is more animals to buy and raise, and new crops to farm. It's a great game and I own it on all platforms, the developer deserves the credit.

Hey I’m interested in getting into stardew valley does anyone have any info about the main story of the game ?

Stardew valley is a whirlwind of fun, you can farm, fish, mine, battle, maintain animals, travel and complete events yearly. You can also forage, quest, build, expand, trade and swim if you have mods haha!

I really recommend this game, as a fan of Harvest Moon AWL and Harvest Moon N64 i'm probably their main audience, but trust me, it's worth the price.

I’ve got the game and it’s sooo cute :) but I need help with a few basics.
How do I save ? And the ! that appears in the top corner how do I access it ?

The exclamation mark is your journal (quest log) and you can access it by pressing minus/select. As myco said, you save by going to bed but even if you pass out and don't make it to bed the game will save at the end of the day. Glad you're enjoying it :D

Back