• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Fae Farm✨

I did create a thread about Palia here if you're interested in the game. It's currently only available on PC in Open Beta but it's coming to Switch later on this year. 😊
I've played Palia for a bit. It's ok. The only issue I have with it is I don't really like playing games with people I don't know (mmo's, etc.) So I doubt I will play this for long.

Same here. I found out about the game at the start of the year and I fell in love with the graphics that had been shown off on social media and followed their updates closely. It wasn't until the price was revealed that I began to have doubts and held off from pre-ordering. Then I saw another cosy game that had me hooked and this one fell off my desired list until I saw the video I posted and I just got put off completely. The price alone is a rip off considering it's a new game in comparison so ACNH which comes from a much loved franchise that houses over 100 NPC's to choose from which justifies the price more.

It sucks and it seems like the **** has hit the fan when it comes to Fae Farm with a lot of people cancelling their pre-orders after watching the video I posted in my previous post which the developers aren't happy about.

I did create a thread about Palia here if you're interested in the game. It's currently only available on PC in Open Beta but it's coming to Switch later on this year. 😊
This is my big problem. Why is it priced like an AAA title? Not saying it doesn't deserve it, but it's odd.

Anyone ended up buying the game ? Is it worth it ?
I don't think the game is worth $60.

NPC dialogue is lackluster and marriage has no benefit.
The mines and story quests are repetitive.
The time not pausing is annoying, time isn't paused when looking in storage or building which makes the days feel incredibly short.
Most outfits and dyes are mostly unlocked at end game.
The festivals are not fun, it's just a few seasonal items you can buy.

I don't think the game is worth $60.

NPC dialogue is lackluster and marriage has no benefit.
The mines and story quests are repetitive.
The time not pausing is annoying, time isn't paused when looking in storage or building which makes the days feel incredibly short.
Most outfits and dyes are mostly unlocked at end game.
The festivals are not fun, it's just a few seasonal items you can buy.
Thanks for the review, i guess ill wait for a bit for it to be in discount

All my local game stores have already sold out of the game...

I agree it costs a bit much it's $70 where I am from so I might just wait for black Friday sales.

It still looks really cute though :)

All my local game stores have already sold out of the game...

I agree it costs a bit much it's $70 where I am from so I might just wait for black Friday sales.

It still looks really cute though :)
I’m still not sure if I will get it but it really does look like a cute game. I was also thinking of seeing if it will go on sale for Black Friday.

It's been a few weeks since the game was released and the general consensus from those who purchased the game is that it's cute, but there's not enough to do and it's not worth the price. For me thats still enough to say no to the game unless the developers bring out a DLC with some big changes that elevate the game into something more unique that matches it's title.

I took the risk and bought it recently for the Switch (which runs well enough compared to some games) after being on the fence. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it.

The game actually feels relaxing. You're not forced to complete anything by a certain time (mostly,) and there's no punishment if you pass out. The only time restriction in place is a hard stop at midnight where it automatically takes you to a screen of your profits for the day, and then you wake up the next day on your farm.

The farming mechanics and other quality of life features are pretty solid. You don't have to do tool switching (e.g.: watering can to pickaxe to axe,) the game selects the right tool for you based on what it is you're trying to do. The only time you have to switch is when you want to use the fishing rod, bug net, or your magical staff for combat. Your farm animals are also cute, dynamic (e.g.: the chicken variant will sometimes fly around,) and can follow you around.

The fishing mechanic is similar to Spiritfarer where you reel until the fish thrashes, then reel again once they're calm. Bug catching is simple, but I like seeing a creature off in the distance and then sneaking up to it to catch it. There are various fish/bugs to find and catch too. I like seeing my progress on what I've discovered and the amount of times I've caught something.

My main gripes (most of which don't impact my personal experience too much) are all of the crafting tables/makers you have to lay out to craft different things, but there is a lot of farm space to make an area for them, and I haven't felt like I needed two of any given station. Crafting is fairly quick, and you get your materials worth out of them. The other thing is that, yes, time doesn't stop when you're in menus (although it does stop if you open the map). However, because you can take things at your own pace, I haven't minded this too much. I can still get plenty done in a day, and the mines have a system where you can warp to a floor you've explored as long as you've crafted and placed the appropriate seal per floor (these are easy to craft).

While the villagers themselves don't have a lot to say, each of them look unique and you'll find some or them bustling about. I bought this game knowing relationships/villager interaction wasn't going to be the focus, so it doesn't bother me too much because I'm having fun with the other aspects and can make my own stories/conversations for them. Quests themselves are your typical do this/fetch that with not a whole lot of depth, but I'm still finding them fun and rewarding in the overall gameplay loop.

Oh, and if flower breeding is your thing, there are a lot of varieties for you to breed and discover. :)

There are energy balls throughout the town for you to pick up when you're low, but you will need plenty of food and potions for the mine. I like growing/finding different things to cook with.

Overall, I'm having fun exploring. There are recipes scattered about to find, and lots to decorate your farm and house with. I wanted something where I didn't need to think too much and could just have fun and relax in a cute world. Fae Farm has been that for me thus far and I'm happy with the purchase.

I've bought other AAA titles in this price range that I regretted within an hour or two. I've also bought six indie games for the price of one AAA title where I've enjoyed most of them for countless hours.

That said. if your budget is tight and you're primarily looking for character interaction and/or relationships in your game, a bit more depth, and/or potentially something more challenging & involved, there are other viable options that'll satisfy your gaming itch more than Fae Farm will until a sale (Rune Factory 3 Special, Dinkum, Ooblets, Cozy Grove, or Moonstone Island for instance).

edit: The devs mentioned they're aware of the romance feedback on Twitter/X. It may be something that gets adjusted for the better in the future. :)

Last edited:
Anyone ended up buying the game ? Is it worth it ?
I didnt exactly buy it i traded some old games for it and no its not worth $60 dollars at all. If you compare this game with other farm/life sims this game would be at the bottom it feels more like a game in testing then a game that is fully released. Stardew valley is $14 and has more depth than fae farm.

Back