• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Fae Farm✨

Violet Witch

☽Stay Wild Moon Child☾
Bells
Fortune Cookie
Caustic Crystal
Black Famous Mushroom
Opalescent Crystal
Famous Mushroom
Rose Crystal
Red Star Fragment
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish

Is anyone else excited for this game coming out on PC and Switch on September 8th? It looks really good and has gotten rave reviews from those lucky enough to play it at various gaming conventions in the US this summer. It's giving me Stardew Valley meets and Animal Crossing but with more magic and of course fairies.​

I’m gonna try and ask my mom to get this game for me. The detailed character customization is amazing and so does the rest of the game. It looks like a really fun game that I could sink hours into. 🙂

I’m gonna try and ask my mom to get this game for me. The detailed character customization is amazing and so does the rest of the game. It looks like a really fun game that I could sink hours into. 🙂
That's what drew me in along with how colourful the game looks overall. It's obviously got the same mechanics as Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley but the fact it's heavily based around magic is probably going to make it a standout game.

This looks like a fantastic game . I plan on pre-ordering it soon. I’m so excited for this game.

I am watching this game, seems fairly fun, so far to me it seems like a mix of. Animal crossing, harvest moons and light RPG like star valley ( which i have not played but seen gameplays )

The art is adorable. But I really don't know if I want to pick this up, especially for this price and especially if they're already doing exclusive furniture sets and stuff like that. I think another turnoff for me is that the characters remind me of Portal Knights and that game felt pretty empty imo.

I'm being very negative, I do want to like the game though. If it's anything like Fantasy Life I'll probably love it, but I might as well just get the new Fantasy Life for the Switch yknow. Actually, I just googled gameplay for it because no trailer includes it and this already exists for anyone curious:

It looks pretty good, but I've made so many bad experiences with games like this so I dunno.
The price tag and the developers not being known for this type of game does not bode well.
I hope it's not a cash grab based on a popular genre that has no heart. It looks pretty though.

The art is adorable. But I really don't know if I want to pick this up, especially for this price and especially if they're already doing exclusive furniture sets and stuff like that. I think another turnoff for me is that the characters remind me of Portal Knights and that game felt pretty empty imo.

I'm being very negative, I do want to like the game though. If it's anything like Fantasy Life I'll probably love it, but I might as well just get the new Fantasy Life for the Switch yknow. Actually, I just googled gameplay for it because no trailer includes it and this already exists for anyone curious:

It looks pretty good, but I've made so many bad experiences with games like this so I dunno.
The price tag and the developers not being known for this type of game does not bode well.
I hope it's not a cash grab based on a popular genre that has no heart. It looks pretty though.
Your not alone i feel the same and i too was attracted to it fue to Fantasy Life which i remember i took in a whimp and ended up burning hours 😅.

I did see the trailer and what turns me off a bit is all the machinery looks which like harvest moon games its like chungs of machinery here and there where you end up just putting it everywhere and many of them just because you need to produce a lot. On top of that it breaks my heart that farms for creatures and for not animals are limitted to a little circular :( dont get me wrong at least they made them a little circle to be displayed so you can look at them and farm but still …

In nutshell i am also 50/50 in feelings for this game

Even though this game isn't out until September 8th, my excitement for this game has sadly fizzled out completely and I won't be buying it. The price alone started to make me question whether or not Fae Farm was worth it and in recent days some streamers have had early access to the game which has had mixed reviews. I came across one streamer on YouTube who created an honest opinion of the game including footage of him playing the game online and well... it's not great.

• You can't name your character, it will either be your Nintendo or Steam account name (if you want to name your character you have to set up an account via Phoenix Labs, this also ties in to the multiplayer aspect of the game)
  • You can only romance 6 NPC's (if thats your thing) but there's no friendship meter bar nor can you give them gifts.
  • The dialogue between NPC's is repeated to the point where it becomes annoying.
  • There are spelling mistakes throughout the text dialogue.
  • Cooking is almost obsolete as you can gain power orbs as you move throughout Azoria
  • There's no storage bin that allows you to drop your crops and collectables in, in order to make money you have to take it to the market to sell but you can only sell one item (per grid square) at a time rather than stack them.

Anyway here's the streamer who created the honest opinion video which is just his personal opinion on the game. He's not trying to persuade or dissuade anyone from purchasing Fae Farm but to just be aware you are parting with a lot of money for a game that you might not find is worth the price.

Last edited:
Even though this game isn't out until September 8th, my excitement for this game has sadly fizzled out completely and I won't be buying it. The price alone started to make me question whether or not Fae Farm was worth it and in recent days some streamers have had early access to the game which has had mixed reviews. I came across one streamer on YouTube who created an honest opinion of the game including footage of him playing the game online and well... it's not great.

• You can't name your character, it will either be your Nintendo or Steam account name (if you want to name your character you have to set up an account via Phoenix Labs, this also ties in to the multiplayer aspect of the game)
  • You can only romance 6 NPC's (if thats your thing) but there's no friendship meter bar nor can you give them gifts.
  • The dialogue between NPC's is repeated to the point where it becomes annoying.
  • There are spelling mistakes throughout the text dialogue.
  • Cooking is almost obsolete as you can gain power orbs as you move throughout Azoria
  • There's no storage bin that allows you to drop your crops and collectables in, in order to make money you have to take it to the market to sell but you can only sell one item (per grid square) at a time rather than stack them.

Anyway here's the streamer who created the honest opinion video which is just his personal opinion on the game. He's not trying to persuade or dissuade anyone from purchasing Fae Farm but to just be aware you are parting with a lot of money for a game that you might not find is worth the price.

Thanks for sharing, i was already a bit unsure about it, as there were things i already felt like i would not like but after this puff.

I guess im just in need for a new type of Animal crossing or anything similar to it 😩

Thanks for sharing, i was already a bit unsure about it, as there were things i already felt like i would not like but after this puff.

I guess im just in need for a new type of Animal crossing or anything similar to it 😩
I know exactly how you feel.

If the game played phenomenally with a rich environment to go along with it I would understand the price but after watching that video and another streamer play it last night I was completely put off. Yet when I've watched streamers play Palia I'm still really excited to play it once it comes out on the Switch later this year as I feel like it will fill the void of Animal Crossing.

I appreciate you sharing the video. I was going to preorder it but kept putting it off. Since I really wasn’t sure about getting it. I may watch a few more videos but think I will just not get this one. I just got Grow: Song of the Evertree for my Birthday and that one’s been pretty fun. Seeing it played I don’t think I can justify the price when there are other games I’m lookin Forward to .

Ah well, there goes another promising indie game off my watch list. ;; The character customization was so cute and in-depth (and I'm always excited to see fantasy games that let you play chubby/heavyset characters), I'm disappointed to see that the rest of the game looks so hollow. I can deal with a few repeated conversations exclusive to that character, but the NPCs sharing the same three or four lines of dialogue? It doesn't give me any faith that there'll be any depth whatsoever to the romanceable characters, and if a game's going to include romance at all, I want it to be done well.

Even if other aspects of the game were a little clunky (like with the seals, or being limited to selling 32 singular items at a time), I could probably overlook that if the characters were endearing and well-written enough. But it seems like they're basically glorified set-dressing.

I just can’t get my head around the price of the game and what I’ve seen so far from streamers. It’s why I wanted to make others aware of its downsides as $60 (£50 or 58€) is a lot to ask from cosy game fans. It’s disappointing considering the fact many are looking to fill the hole that ACNH has left and I thought Fae Farm would be that game. I was wrong.

At least for now I can delve into Starfield on September 6th instead whilst I wait for Palia to come out on the Switch later on this year.

I just can’t get my head around the price of the game and what I’ve seen so far from streamers. It’s why I wanted to make others aware of its downsides as $60 (£50 or 58€) is a lot to ask from cosy game fans. It’s disappointing considering the fact many are looking to fill the hole that ACNH has left and I thought Fae Farm would be that game. I was wrong.

At least for now I can delve into Starfield on September 6th instead whilst I wait for Palia to come out on the Switch later on this year.
I was so excited when the game was first being hyped. But when I realized it was going to be priced at $60 I was shaking my head. I don't understand how the developers/publishers ever thought that price was reasonable for a game like this. I watched a live stream on Twitch yesterday and that solidified my decision that this is a game I will be steering away from.
A huge issue for me....and I know I'm probably in the minority.....is that it is an isometric game...the 3/4 tilt which to me isn't too far away from top down. I get top down games for first person shooter games, but not cozy farming games. I don't feel immersed in the game and it is hard for me to feel bonded to my character or other npc's. I love games like Dreamlight Valley where you can see the front and back of your player because you can rotate the background in 360.
Also it may seem nit picky, but when I watched the streamer, the character constantly giggled....the same giggle... which if I were playing it would drive me absolutely bonkers, lol! And as others have stated the limited dialogue will get old very fast.
I did like the setting/scenery, but that would never incentivize me to pay $60. I will stick with Dreamlight Valley and ACNH. I guess ACNH is a $50-$60 game but it's Nintendo right!?
hmm I just checked Steam and it is preselling for $39. Honestly that still doesn't tempt me. it's all because of that isometric view!

I was excited for fae farm but after consideration i cancelled my preorder $60 is alot ill probably buy it later this year when it goes on sale

I thout the SAME!! I was still before the streamers had early access a bit un sure cause i could already see things that were not to my complete liking BUT since i am really searching for a game that could fill the place of animal crossing i thought to give it a try.

My heart is again broken haha.

Ill have a look at the one you said too !

I was so excited when the game was first being hyped. But when I realized it was going to be priced at $60 I was shaking my head. I don't understand how the developers/publishers ever thought that price was reasonable for a game like this. I watched a live stream on Twitch yesterday and that solidified my decision that this is a game I will be steering away from.
A huge issue for me....and I know I'm probably in the minority.....is that it is an isometric game...the 3/4 tilt which to me isn't too far away from top down. I get top down games for first person shooter games, but not cozy farming games. I don't feel immersed in the game and it is hard for me to feel bonded to my character or other npc's. I love games like Dreamlight Valley where you can see the front and back of your player because you can rotate the background in 360.
Also it may seem nit picky, but when I watched the streamer, the character constantly giggled....the same giggle... which if I were playing it would drive me absolutely bonkers, lol! And as others have stated the limited dialogue will get old very fast.
I did like the setting/scenery, but that would never incentivize me to pay $60. I will stick with Dreamlight Valley and ACNH. I guess ACNH is a $50-$60 game but it's Nintendo right!?
hmm I just checked Steam and it is preselling for $39. Honestly that still doesn't tempt me. it's all because of that isometric view!

Same here. I found out about the game at the start of the year and I fell in love with the graphics that had been shown off on social media and followed their updates closely. It wasn't until the price was revealed that I began to have doubts and held off from pre-ordering. Then I saw another cosy game that had me hooked and this one fell off my desired list until I saw the video I posted and I just got put off completely. The price alone is a rip off considering it's a new game in comparison so ACNH which comes from a much loved franchise that houses over 100 NPC's to choose from which justifies the price more.

I thout the SAME!! I was still before the streamers had early access a bit un sure cause i could already see things that were not to my complete liking BUT since i am really searching for a game that could fill the place of animal crossing i thought to give it a try.

My heart is again broken haha.

Ill have a look at the one you said too !

It sucks and it seems like the **** has hit the fan when it comes to Fae Farm with a lot of people cancelling their pre-orders after watching the video I posted in my previous post which the developers aren't happy about.

I did create a thread about Palia here if you're interested in the game. It's currently only available on PC in Open Beta but it's coming to Switch later on this year. 😊

Back