Smash Bros Sora Revealed as Final DLC Character

Not particularly excited for this character myself as I feel there’s an overabundance of sword-users already in the game, but I’m happy for those that wanted him.
Basically. I feel like a lot of characters with swords are just the same type of attack. The only difference is who’s holding the sword. I’m happy for people that wanted him, even though we have a bunch of sword characters already.

Can someone explain to me what do people mean when they say, the keyblade’s chain (Mickey’s logo) cost a lot for Nintendo regarding their budget? I don’t get it.

Can someone explain to me what do people mean when they say, the keyblade’s chain (Mickey’s logo) cost a lot for Nintendo regarding their budget? I don’t get it.
The fact that both Donald and Goofy do not appear next to Sora indicates that Disney is being Disney regarding their IPs, refusing to even let them appear within the game. People are stating that it must have cost a lot to even show the mickey ears in the first place within the trailer because of the lack of Disney characters within the game. Am I conveying my statements correctly?

Big picture perspective: He was the more requested character in the game, and a lot of people seem really happy about it, so it definitely seems like a win for Nintendo and a lot of fans.

My personal perspective: I was hoping Crash Bandicoot or Master Chief would have made the Smash roster at some point. Smash has evolved into this sort of museum of video game history, and now that it's going in that direction, there are some blindspots. It feels a bit odd that they embrace certain third party characters (Sonic, Snake, Cloud, etc) while ignoring some of the other obvious ones. I understand Halo hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console which may be their technicality for disqualifying it, but nevertheless.

I haven't cared too much about who they've added as DLC characters (aside from Banjo & Kazooie since I love the bear and bird duo), since it's not like I'd buy any of them, lol. Still, since Sora was widely requested I figure it's good that they were able to make more people happier by including him.

Big picture perspective: He was the more requested character in the game, and a lot of people seem really happy about it, so it definitely seems like a win for Nintendo and a lot of fans.

My personal perspective: I was hoping Crash Bandicoot or Master Chief would have made the Smash roster at some point. Smash has evolved into this sort of museum of video game history, and now that it's going in that direction, there are some blindspots. It feels a bit odd that they embrace certain third party characters (Sonic, Snake, Cloud, etc) while ignoring some of the other obvious ones. I understand Halo hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console which may be their technicality for disqualifying it, but nevertheless.

Unfortunately, that's one of the issues when it comes to third-party characters; you will get some, but due to licensing concerns, Nintendo has to make a choice on who they think fans will want. I don't think they're purposely ignoring those characters, but rather that there were others that were more doable, more popular or simply ones that Mr. Sakurai is more passionate about. It is his vision after all :)

I am enjoying his gameplay so far, but I feel like they made the Sonic Blade move too spammable like the actual game. Super annoying to be on the receiving end of it. Though, that can be said for a lot of characters as well. People just tend to abuse a single move and make the character more annoying than they should be.

Back