• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Some things that gives you nostalgia?

Shellzilla_515

F1 fan who loves onions
Bells
Switch
4129-2347-0028
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
I've had a couple of days in a while where it was just sunny and clear skies. When I just sit down and look outside, it reminds me of the simpler times where I did countless things as a kid and what I did back in elementary school (overnight trips are so awesome). When thinking, it relaxes my mind and I can't really do anything else but just recall those memories...

I used to live in an apartment building and moved into a house in 2012. I actually still pass by there when I go to college and looking up to the apartment unit makes me a bit homesick. It's so close and yet, so far that I won't be able to step foot in there again. I actually had a few dreams taking place in there a while back.

Video games are another thing, and it's more pronounced. I've played a good amount throughout my life and listening to those soundtracks especially gets my nostalgia going. In case you're wondering, the game that gets me the most is Gran Turismo 5. I first played it when I was around 11, and a lot of music tracks (with varying genres), courses, cars, and my custom tracks have stuck a lot with me in my memory. Despite numerous flaws pointed out from the fanbase, I still had a blast playing it because I was just a kid and simply didn't care at that time. I haven't played that game in years, but I still have the game and PS3. All I just need to do is to hook it up. How time just laughs at us all.

Is there something that makes you nostalgic?

Horizon Zero Dawn, the annoying buzzing sound during a hot summer day or in a desert, and some songs give me nostalgia. i'm sure there's more, but i can't think of more atm

Old harvest moon ost's, grilled cheese sandwiches, chilly breezes

The smell of honeysuckle always makes me nostalgic for my childhood days. I remember going to visit my grandparents and they had honeysuckle growing all along the trees in their backyard. My grandfather taught me how to pick the flowers and eat the nectar inside. It was so delicious.

The same with wild blackberries. My grandfather taught me how to tell which ones were ripe so I could pick them and eat them. Those were simple pleasures.

Old game music ost. Or replaying the games themselves. Oh, old cartoons as well.

Last edited:
Nothing really makes me nostalgic because I tend to not focus on past things and instead focus on the present. If there’s anything that I still like from my past, chances are I’m still involved in it in one form or another. For example, Pok?mon and martial arts. I’ve been involved in both for a dozen years now and don’t intend on giving up either for a long time. If I like something, I usually stay committed to it.

Last edited:
- reading my dumb old internet posts
- hearing certain songs that came out in 2005-2011
- early-mid 2000s gaming consoles
- online games i used to play
- 2000s disney/nick shows
- watching home videos

Music playlists I've made over the years. I browse and listen to those songs and I can recall specific moments of some particular importance/realization in my life and it helps me reflect. I'm very shy, so music helps me to express myself and feel emotion and be connected to others. But I think music is nostalgic to most anyone :)

Minecraft music. It gives me a LOT of nostalgia because I used to love discovering the game.
I still adore the songs, and the new ones are as amazing.

Candy. 90s/early 00s were a good time for candy and they had everything from big boobs to chocolate smokes and you could get like anything cool to eat. Nowadays everything is so boring and hazelnut vegan so it's like okay time to get the same ol **** lol.

animal crossing, especially city folk and the gamecube version! also old email exchanges with friends, and summertime in general

The opening theme of AC: Wild World, Taylor Swift's first album, the smell of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar body mist, old Disney movie originals like Cow Belles, Ice Princess, and Go Figure, Facebook posts from when I was like 13 and me and my friends thought we were hilarious saying stuff...

my family moved a lot when i was a kid so the smell of new paint and fresh cement always brings me back to the feeling of being young and wanting to explore the new place that i'm going to live in? there are also some songs that i listen to at different parts of my life that make me think about those times? like how imagine dragons reminds me of being in high school playing minecraft to avoid my responsibilities and bastille makes me think of the time before i graduated when i was really into les mis :))) other times it's a combination of things like cold weather + some bands makes me think of having sleepovers with my best friend i miss her a lot i haven't seen her in so long i hate that we're in different unis

so uh yeah i guess mostly music and also certain smells make me nostalgic? oh and cleaning my room and finding old notes and getting distracted from cleaning my room because i got busy reminiscing :))))

a bunch of movies, especially ghibli movies. visiting my grandparents on their little farm or just thinking about it. the smell of freshly mown grass. that weird kind of time on a hot summer day when the sun is already out, the grass is still wet and it‘s still slightly coll outside. harvest moon for nintendo ds and the ost‘s for that one. the acww ost.

Lots of weather things make me nostalgic, like light rain during the summer or when the wind picks up and the grass starts swaying and you can hear the trees shake. Also thunderstorms, the smell of sunscreen, the sound of ice cream trucks, cicadas, fireflies, waking up to people mowing their lawn, drive-in movie theaters, long car rides in the morning, Pok?mon cards, and GameCube soundtracks.

Minecraft music. It gives me a LOT of nostalgia because I used to love discovering the game.
I still adore the songs, and the new ones are as amazing.

I've played minecraft alot years ago, recently played it again. So much has changed it feels like learning a new game yet it's very familiar. The music they added in the nether/end is incredible!

Usually playing or watching Snes, N64, GBA. PS2 and gamecube era games. Also, Passing by areas where I lived or went to school ohh and listening to some old music on the radio from my youth as well. I go through my phases sometimes.

-Code Lyoko theme song
-The starting up sound of old gaming consoles or cellphones
-Finding old school books
-Ice pops

Swingsets, we used to have a swingset in our side yard.
Photo albums, my dad took a lot of photos of us when he and my mother were still together.
Buttercups. I liked to pick them and put them up to my skin to see the yellow reflect on it.
The local zoo (Philadelphia Zoo)
Barbie and other girls toys like My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop and Tamagotchi
Putting my hair in pigtails or braids
Making pizza and shaping it into whatever I want
Certain scents

Back