• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash bros is the most rage causing game ive ever played.

Pecentage of link players on for glory: 5%, actually do what link is supposed to be used for: full on charge and use side B as a good smash atttack helper. 95%, hide in a corner like a coward button mashing their projectiles until they're at 70% damage and come in using their smash attacks, or just hide in the corner til 110% then just charge with the side neutral.
I've played some amazing Link players in my time on Smash and I oftenly lose to them because I am not expecting them to be all that good, Link's brutal in the right hands, It sucks that most of them are just terrible and it blows you've been a victim of such.

You can call projectile spamming cheap all you want, but the only way you can stop someone from doing it is to make them pay for doing it. I play people who use strategies I don't like too, and when I do, I try to find ways to adapt to my opponent's playstyle to beat him. It is part of the challenge of the game. Sometimes that means using a different character. If your opponent is using Link, use someone who has a good projectile reflector or someone who has a lot of speed to dodge the projectiles and close in on Link fast.
I know this stuff can be countered, I main Ness (Soon to be Lucas) and I just LOVE to hit their projectiles back to them, these Link's are so dense that they'll always take it like a champ, but the issue isn't on my regard, it's about the OP's experience, these Link users aren't making this game any better for people and the OP is just another victim of these bad players.

I think it's incredibly easy to get frustrated playing Super Smash Bros., especially if your opponent knows your every move and is pretty much flawless. My advice to you would be to decide on a fighter (play with all of them and pick the best one for you) and stick with it. Keep practicing with that fighter and you'll gradually get better and better. I remember being really good as Sheik in Brawl, but I find myself better with Zero Suit Samus now. You'll get better!

Im pretty sure you meant well with the original post evvie, but hyoto is right, the original post screamed negativity. plus, im pretty sure saying it was all honesty, was probably just to either start a flame war, or to try and counter hyoto.

- - - Post Merge - - -

well said red cat, i think i didn't even realize that fox could have destroyed that link...

Eh, I just say my words, some people like it, some don't. Besides, how could I couter Hyogo when I posted before him...?

I mainly get mad at the abusive players online. The ones that make me the most angry though are the abusive players who know how to use shields. They can come out of a dodge roll and guard instantly if your timing is even a little off. I still have a lot of fun playing it.

Go to "anthers ladder"

All of the people there know how to play the game and don't do what this Link did

Go to "anthers ladder"

All of the people there know how to play the game and don't do what this Link did
This, I've met a wonderful Youtuber through this and he's helping me get better with some match-ups, quite possibly the best Ganon I've ever fought in any Smash Bros.

Did Eevie edit her post or something? All it said was to chill out and that they're probably better, which is probably the truth.

If someone beats you at something, doesn't that make them better? It's not like she said "omfg ur just crap shut up".

That said, just keep practicing. If someone keeps spamming, then it's your jump to counter it and beat them. Plus, if they really are spamming, that means that you can easily predict what they'll do and dodge it. All in all though, ultimately, if someone is better than you, they're going to beat you. It's your job to keep practicing to beat them, and just take a break if you get to heated.

I was raging yesterday on For Glory. I lost a few matches due to spammers and try hard Falcon players. I lost about 5 times in a row due to these kind of players. It explains why I don't do For Glory often and just play with friends for fun or for tournament matches. For some reason, losing to randoms is rather frustrating.

If I may add?

Yoshi is the bane of my Smash existence, Yoshi users on FG are generally a bore to fight :/ it's always Dash attacks and Egg throws, get near them, you get dash attacked, far away trying to play defensively, throwing eggs like an entire population worth.

But why am I surprised they're like that? Yoshi's 1st (eugh, 2nd now but he was in 1st for a good few days) in the tier rankings.

However Jav's Yoshi is a blast to fight, he doesn't play like a coward lmao.

Last edited:
I play as Shulk.
Why? Because he's really feelin' it.
Besides, Yoshi is a bad character in general sooooo

Go see a therapist? I'm just kidding. I'm on the same page. I hate when people do that or on mario kart when I'm about to win and bam I go from 1st to like 8th.

Ironically, Animal Crossing is the only game I get pissed off at, I mean, all my hard work into a garden and then someone's house ruins it! Ugh!

To cope with your anger, just turn the game off, and walk away, as you said, do/play something relaxing. It's all just a game in the end.

Best Wishes :)

When I get mad at Smash, it's usually because I just fought a really annoying opponent or got screwed over consistently by lag, sometimes it's just a loss streak or having an insanely hard time with a good player...I have a LOT of trouble against ROB due to not being able to react to his projectiles, so if I get ticked off at a character it's usually him...

If I'm not upset, I have a lot of fun with the game, but my recent two acts of anger tonight and two days ago make me think I should probably drop pvp for a little bit and relax on some other games...like homework.

Besides, Yoshi is a bad character in general sooooo
LOL what
--
i understand, i went against this one robin in team mode and like he would just spam and run to the other side constantly while his teammate was just being obnoxious overall. + my teammate was rly bad. so yeah i just leave after losing twice in a row to people like that, sometimes thats the best thing to do

Back