• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Share Your Shiny Pokémon Stories and Screenshots

Tee-Tee

Wheres my lunch money~
Bells
Switch
7870-4089-7795
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Lucky
Coco
Fresh Feather
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Mod Note: this thread has been rebranded the "Share Your Shiny Pokémon Stories and Screenshots" thread by the TBT Staff Team on 11/22/22.

Heyo! I don't know if there's already a thread made, if so sorry! ^^'

With all the Pokemon game's I've played I had the baddest luck when it comes to shiny hunting. Pokemon Sword/Shield is the first game that I actually had any luck with!

Riolu {227 eggs} , Hatterene {155 eggs}, Mimikyu {445 eggs}, Scorbunny {145 Eggs}, Corsola {411 eggs}, Cottonee {146 eggs}

I use the medusa method so far. I would like to see what others have caught or what your are currently hunting and what method you prefer?

Current Shiny Hunting:

moubXBp.png

u9lZiDO.png

0PxO6ES.png

ymtQP9v.png

xMeapM2.png

sjtDb3K.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've caught or bred several shinies on previous games but none on my Shield yet. Granted I'm still not done with the story yet, I only have seven badges. I do plan on doing a little shiny hunting once I reach the postgame and acquire the shiny charm. Of course I'm also going to need to find a foreign ditto somehow, preferably one with perfect IVs because I like breeding for IVs as well. It's gonna be a pain to try and find a suitable ditto to breed with but oh well. I'll make sure to post here when I find my first shiny!

I've caught or bred several shinies on previous games but none on my Shield yet. Granted I'm still not done with the story yet, I only have seven badges. I do plan on doing a little shiny hunting once I reach the postgame and acquire the shiny charm. Of course I'm also going to need to find a foreign ditto somehow, preferably one with perfect IVs because I like breeding for IVs as well. It's gonna be a pain to try and find a suitable ditto to breed with but oh well. I'll make sure to post here when I find my first shiny!

After wonder/surprise trading a couple of times I gave up looking for a foreign ditto, until my brother made a new profile on his switch, doing a Spanish play through till he got to the wild area. Then he could join my ditto max raid. Thats how I got my foreign ditto and the IVs are pretty good but could be better, think it was 4 perfect IVs.

Good luck in your future shiny hunting! Would deffo like to see them c:

I did about 3,700 eggs/RE mix for my electrike. 8 days of my time, can’t say I’ve been having any luck in sword. I’m at about 531 for Dreepy.

I’ll post a picture later :)

I did about 3,700 eggs/RE mix for my electrike. 8 days of my time, can’t say I’ve been having any luck in sword. I’m at about 531 for Dreepy.

I’ll post a picture later :)

I hope you get it soon! Just wondering if you have the shiny charm or not??

Omg I have sooooo many shiny Pokemon it's wild. In about two days I recently caught four shinies, and I'm currently hunting for a Caterpie in Let's Go.

Got super lucky and ended up randomly running into this shiny Stufful in the wild area.
EKFe-C9g-XUAAw3tr.jpg

And got a Galarian Ponyta after only ~80 eggs masuda method!
EKVz-WQOU8-AIe1-H8.jpg

I don't have a NSO subscription, so there's no way I'm ever gonna complete the Pok?dex and get the Shiny Charm. Can't get a foreign Ditto either. I'd like to try and catch some shinies the good old fashioned way, but is it even worth it without the Charm? Anyone hunting without it?

Masuda method is when you breed two pokemon from two different regions (ex. an english sinistea with a japanese ditto). It increases the odds of getting a shiny by quite a bit

Aah I see! I read up on it a little bit more online. So you could trade to get a Japanese zoroark/ ditto and breed it with an English zoroark to get a higher chance of a shiny egg?

Aah I see! I read up on it a little bit more online. So you could trade to get a Japanese zoroark/ ditto and breed it with an English zoroark to get a higher chance of a shiny egg?

Yup! That's pretty much how it works

Back