• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Riding an elevator; windows or not

Do you like riding elevators with a window?

• Yes, it's fun to see what's outside

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • No, it makes me feel scared

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters
oh dear christ if you mean those elevators that are on the outside of the building like this ****:

4545804.jpg

LITERALLY NO.

I WILL TAKE THE STAIRS.

I would ride them if they were inside and not outside like what you said.

there are these ones in the CN Tower in Toronto which have these glass floors, and I s2g I almost passed out when I went inside.

I never rode an elevator with glass floors before, but I do think that's not safe. Glass is very fragile, and what if the floor glass breaks?

I never rode an elevator with glass floors before, but I do think that's not safe. Glass is very fragile, and what if the floor glass breaks?

I had never considered that before, but now that you've said it the mental image has scarred me for life.

That's still not going to discourage me from riding an elevator again. I just wouldn't ride the glass floor elevators, even if it's thick enough where 8 people combined isn't enough to break it.

That's still not going to discourage me from riding an elevator again. I just wouldn't ride the glass floor elevators, even if it's thick enough where 8 people combined isn't enough to break it.

The CN Tower is famous for its glass floor in its observation deck, as well as their elevator. It is 5 times stronger than the required weight bearing for any standard floor.

Last edited:
I'd find looking out af a moving elevator nauseating, so no windows :)

Those glass one are probably of other material as well and just not pure glass. Also it should be thick enough.

I like either! But I prefer the ones with windows because it's super fun to see everything fly past you as you rise or lower. >w<

I feel like elevators with no windows are scarier because it's the perfect opportunity for the lights to go out and a ghost to randomly appear in complete darkness. Elevators with windows would still have some light (especially if you're in a busy city/downtown area).

I feel like elevators with no windows are scarier because it's the perfect opportunity for the lights to go out and a ghost to randomly appear in complete darkness. Elevators with windows would still have some light (especially if you're in a busy city/downtown area).

That reminds me of the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.

Speaking of that, would you like to ride an elevator like the Twilight Zone?

Last edited:
Haha it is really fun but for zipline and shiz I have to calm down before I go

Back