• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Riding an elevator; windows or not

Do you like riding elevators with a window?

• Yes, it's fun to see what's outside

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • No, it makes me feel scared

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters
I've never rode one with windows. What do you look at?

I look at the outdoors and change in altitude. If it was completely indoors, but has a window like the Hilton hotels, I look outside to see how far we go from the plaza. If the window is outside only, I look at the parking lot or whatever is out there as I ride the elevators.

I try to avoid them all together. Whenever I'm in one and it stops before the doors open, I think 'IT'S GOING TO FALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT AND I WILL DIE'. It's kind of irrational but I can never get over that one moment of terror I feel every time I go in one.

I try to avoid them all together. Whenever I'm in one and it stops before the doors open, I think 'IT'S GOING TO FALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT AND I WILL DIE'. It's kind of irrational but I can never get over that one moment of terror I feel every time I go in one.

Elevators have safety breaks in case if this happens, so nobody can die or get hurt if this happens.

I usually will prefer riding an elevator with windows because it feels more "open." I like the views, I guess.

Ah, I'm really not a fan of elevators in general!!
But I find that the windows help distract me from the fact I'm on an elevator. I like to look at the sky and the buildings. Especially if things are at night; everything is so beautiful under the stars.

Hopefully, it won't happen if I get on an elevator. I also hope it doesn't fall if you get on an elevator either. I don't want to see people die from a falling elevator.

This is my 6,000th post.

Meh. I don't take elevators.

I've been in a few shaky ones.

I like riding in windows because, as many people have said, it's fun to see the outside. I also like looking at the scenery from a higher place, lol.

With windows for sure. Sadly, there's none where I live so I've only been on one when I was little. I went on it like 20 times and probably annoyed my mom and dad (and possibly everyone else in the store haha).

An interesting fact about me is that I prefer riding the elevators with windows, but I would like the elevators to be completely inside more.

An interesting fact about me is that I prefer riding the elevators with windows, but I would like the elevators to be completely inside more.

oh dear christ if you mean those elevators that are on the outside of the building like this ****:

4545804.jpg

LITERALLY NO.

I WILL TAKE THE STAIRS.

Back