• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Putting aside how you feel about the music, which hourly song do you think will be iconic for NH and why?

I...do not disagree with this. 😂
I was going to say exactly this before I scrolled down. xD

2 PM kinda slaps though, I absolutely love it and it gives me wild world vibes.
5 PM is already iconic too.

Some of my personal favs are 6 AM and 6 PM
Ngl though I just love this sound track in general

1 AM music from New Leaf. Its so beautiful sounds, relaxing and calming and I think by 2:00 AM iis when it will sound because all the shops are closed and your villagers are sleeping, and you're only one that wants something peaceful.

I'm thinking 3 AM simply from just how wonky it is, but at the same time I don't know if many people hear that song in-game unless they time-travelled.
I would also say 4 PM and 5 PM. Most rare bugs and fish spawn during that time in the summer, so I can imagine those who like catching critters would remember those themes.
I can see why 5 AM would be iconic as well, seeing that it's the start of the day (in the game at least) and many people like to play during that hour. I personally never played the game during such early hours, but I heard the 5 AM theme and I think it's relaxing.

12PM anyone?? it's been used so much in the ads and directs and it's also the most active part of the day. Also it's just filled with so much life :)

2 a.m is the best for me. I'm not a big fan of the musics in this game infortunately. But this one is very good, very calm. But in general I feel Animal Crossing vibe in each song.

In a comedic sense, definitely 5PM. For how bad it is, the fact that it reminds me of love making videos is hilarious in its own right.

I agree broadly 5PM is most recognised.

However, for me its 7am which is iconic. I think the music itself is kinda okay...
But i still had to go to work during covid, and everyday I woke up 7am instead of my normal 7.15 am so i could play a little before going out to work. I also ate my Cornflakes while playing/it playing in the background. I did that for so long, and it was such a great time (for me personally and for the game) that it has become a core memory for me.

And I kid you not, whenever I hear the 7AM music I literally taste Cornflakes in my mouth :p so yeah, that has to be iconic lol

Last edited:
Definitely 12PM. It's the music they used in the trailer. But most other AC games have at least a few themes that end up becoming iconic, so here are some others:

- 5PM, just because it's already either popular or notorious.
- 2AM. Man on the internet made a version of this song with lyrics. That's not something that just happens to any video game song.
- 5AM. I don't need to explain.
- 7AM. Also don't really need to explain.
- Finally, 2PM, basically for the same reason as 5PM.

I didn't realize 5PM was so popular. It's actually my least favorite hourly track. I love 6PM because it helps to immediately calm things down after the funk of the previous hour. But that's not my favorite either. Honestly, I love the tracks for 8PM, 9PM, 10PM, and 11PM. That whole four hour window is my favorite listening time to play, and I really thought more people would enjoy it than it seems do. Maybe this is because I used to play either early in the day, or late in the evening. And I do like most of the music, there's not many hourly tracks that I dislike. 5PM, 12AM, 1AM, and 3AM are really the only tracks I have any dislike for.

Back