• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Putting aside how you feel about the music, which hourly song do you think will be iconic for NH and why?

kemdi

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
Every AC game has that one hourly song most people can point to and agree is the game defining song. For instance(and all of these are just my opinions):

GC: 2am. Usually when you hear about ACGC music, 2am comes up for the a crazy life it has for the time slot it's in. Most people who play(ed) GC AC will recognize 2am because compared to the rest of the hourlies it was so energetic for its time slot.

WW: 2am. Extensive and calming. The other hourlies are too, but WW 2am esp. stood out so much that it was the first AC hourly that made it into Smash Bros, which only confirmed its iconic status.

CF: 4pm. CF and WW had the same hour soundtrack, but unlike WW, CF was a console game and not portable, so players couldn't take it with them. When a lot of English-speaking players got home from school/work in the afternoon and turned on this game, the 4pm hourly was the first song they heard.

NL: hardest to pick because it's still pretty new for icon status. But if I had to guess...I would prob. say 4am, or maybe 7pm. 4am probably because Aika village was very popular and inspired a lot of AC horror/ghost towns. 7pm maybe because that was the time that a lot of people would hunt for island bugs and the nostalgia of how it would be playing in the background as you went back and fourth to Reese selling bugs to get rich.

After NH's stops being the current main game, I think it's defining hourly will be either 5am or 5pm. Firstly for 5am, its the most past-ACish of all the hour songs. Its soft, calming, relaxing, and chill. 5am(I think) is the one that has the most AC feel going for it. Its the hourly where you can look back and remember all the serene times. For 5pm, its catchy and different. It almost doesn't fit at all as an AC song, but that's what draws people to it, I think. It's what makes it so memorable, for better or worse. 5pm was one of the first hour songs that most people were introduced to in the info-trailers before the game was released and it stuck, hard.

Again, these are just my opinions, not right or wrong. But which hourly do you think most people will remember NH by and why?

I agree that 5pm will be "iconic hour," and it kind of already is. I think 9am will be another hour people remember fondly.

However, I think there's also something to be said for the prologue themes that play for at least week nonstop if you don't time travel. Those themes are already becoming nostalgic, because for players who bought the game at launch they represent that unique, early pandemic time period.

i think it’ll be 5pm, too! as you mentioned, it definitely sounds similar to the hourly tracks from previous games (which is great!) and even now, it seems to be a lot of people’s favourites. now, this might be an unpopular opinion but i feel like 3am is a contender, too; i personally don’t really care for it but it’s one of the more unique tracks imo which helps it stand out. :’)

Same for me. 5PM has such a different vibe compared to other hours. I even remember someone saying that 5PM is such a sexy tune, which I definitely agree with.

I would say 1am, 2am, 5am, and 8am are the best tracks.
I would also say 5pm is very overrated and not even one of the games better tracks. It's meh at best. Really dont get the love for it.

But it seems in general I'm out voted on this.

For me the winner is 8am though for most iconic to me.

I have no idea which times they play at, but there are two or three (including 5 PM, since that's been mentioned) they always used for the trailers that are IMO the most iconic.

In terms of best music and the one I feel like I hear most often, it'd probably be the 12 PM theme. It just has the right amount of energy but keeps a pleasant tropical theme, I feel.
I completely agree! 😍 12 PM just has this energetic, happy vibe to it~ imo it's literally the best hourly track in the entire game. I find myself coming back to it over and over to listen to while I'm out taking a walk/running an errand. Not only that but it's apparently Nintendo's go-to track for their update/announcement vids lol so we get the pleasure of listening to it quite often.

I'm sure someone's gonna mention 3am at some point amirite lol but in terms of iconic, yeah I also have to agree with 5pm. Seems to be the general consensus. It's jazzy and got a lot of buzz back when we all heard it for the first time.

I would say 1am, 2am, 5am, and 8am are the best tracks.
I would also say 5pm is very overrated and not even one of the games better tracks. It's meh at best. Really dont get the love for it.

But it seems in general I'm out voted on this.

For me the winner is 8am though for most iconic to me.
8am is my jam, dude. I’m right there with you on thinking it’s the best!

5 AM and 12 PM are the most memorable.

6PM is also good since it recycles previous AC music. But the rest is quite forgettable. 5 PM is recognizable because it's throwing you out of groove (n).

Everyone always says 5pm is the best but I disagree. It’s fine and all but I personally think 6pm is the best one. I love the remixed throwback vibe it gives from the WW/CF days. Most people seem to not care about the 6pm track though which is a shame in my opinion.

5pm will probably be the iconic one for most people but for me it’s just another ok song.

Let's see...I would have to choose 5 PM for the most iconic

5 PM is not my favourite. Oh no its far, FAR from that....I chose 5 PM because its the most recognisable with the fanbase as being a popular, memorable, and for some, a "sexy" tune. 5 AM is also a good runner-up because of its popularity and also happens to be one of my favs. 2 AM should be mentioned because it slightly resembles the NH theme.

It's hard to decide on one iconic hour, for me my favourites are 5am, 10am, 12pm, 6pm, 1am and 2am. I don't see people mention 10am much but I think it's a cute cheerful song and it already gives me nostalgia from the early days where I played mostly at that hour. If It's night time but I want to play in the day, I always set the game to 10am or 12pm.

And of course 2pm is pretty iconic around here 😂

Other than the popular/most played hour songs, I feel like people who have played at 3am will forever remember the weirdness of that song. Same with those who have played at 5am, but because it’s such a beautiful and calming track.

Back