• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Possible news for January Direct (rumor)

I'm low-key expecting them to talk about Animal Crossing in a January direct. Animal Crossing: Back to Basics sounds a bit.. I don't know. I hope they don't put much Pocket Camp in it.

Interesting! I'm not sure on the name - I like the idea of going "back" to certain features, but basics implies we'll lose some things too which worries me a bit. I guess we'll see!

Hm, the title's interesting... Honestly makes me worried we'll have no control of the town again.

I actually love the name xD I need Tortimer back in my life, back in my town ♡

If Tortimer is back, I'll be happy for sure! Seeing people speculate that he'd have passed away and not be present in AC Switch had me stressing out D:

If someone's is going to be mayor instead of us: it's Isabelle.
She'll definitely have a bigger role in the next game, and Tortimer is already retired in New Leaf, and I guess we will not go back in the timeline - if you can speak of one in this franchise -.

I hope we are not the mayor and that we can suggest things to Isabel and maybe be her assistent with some things. I'd love less hierarchy between you and your villagers. More living together and less living under your rules.

I don't believe this for a second. Losing the New Leaf features would be a big mistake. I don't mind not being the mayor, but there has to be a way to encorporate most of the features we currently have into the next game.

I don't know how I'd feel about the game going back to the early days of the game.

Sadly, I think this is just a rumor and isn't true... "Back to basics" just doesn't sound right, sounds like this person doesn’t like the series and we'll find out later in the month if it happens, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I haven't watched the video but seeing the title "back the basics" is most dumbest "leaked" name I've heard so far. Mostly because when I hear that name, it reminds me of wild world or other past animal crossing games where they had nothing to do in them.
I highly doubt it's the official name. It doesn't make any sense to me..

I don?t like that name ?Back to basics?

If anything, they can go back to memory lane and call the game ?Population: Still Growing?

Last edited:
I have serious doubts here. Not only is "Back to Basics" just a clunky sounding title to begin with, but it also makes no sense to me from a financial perspective. New Leaf was the best selling Animal Crossing by far. "Back to Basics" implies some sort of downgrade, which means going back to the games that made them less money.

Back to Basics -> BTB -> Bell Tree Bells

illuminati.png

That title makes me nervous, though I knew they would find away to mess the game up. Reggie needs to be canned already.

I did some more research and found some more info on the game:

-You will not be the mayor, just a regular resident.
-8 villagers per town.
-The island has been removed entirely.
-Isabelle is the mayor, Tortimer is actually absent from the game.
-Tom Nook is retired and absent, Lottie has taken over Nook's Homes, and her nieces, Lola and Lila, will run the only T&T shops.
-Lila and Lola are also the only new characters added.
-No new villagers have been added, instead, half have been removed.
-Three personalities have been removed, Smug, Uchi, and Jock. Jock was removed due to complaints from child obesity support activist groups.
-Dr. Shrunk, Phineas, Gulliver, Copper, Booker, Wisp, and Porter have all been removed. And no, that does not mean Champ will return.
-Plot resetting is now impossible in every way.
-Gyroids will now spawn in your town every other day except when it rains and snows, in which it will still spawn.
-All holidays have been removed except the crappy holidays from Wild World. They have returned.
-The city returns, although it has since been abandoned and you can't do anything except walk and look around and the run down buildings.
-Each time you load into the game, when your character exits his/her house, Lyle will be there to give you a nice "quick" talk about home improvements.
-Hourly music will be the same from New Leaf.
-After quitting without saving for five times, your file will be deleted, and you'll have to create a new town.
-Damn.

Last edited:
That title makes me nervous, though I knew they would find away to mess the game up. Reggie needs to be canned already.

I did some more research and found some more info on the game:

-You will not be the mayor, just a regular resident.
-8 villagers per town.
-The island has been removed entirely.
-Isabelle is the mayor, Tortimer is actually absent from the game.
-Tom Nook is retired and absent, Lottie has taken over Nook's Homes, and her nieces, Lola and Lila, will run the only T&T shops.
-Lila and Lola are also the only new characters added.
-No new villagers have been added, instead, half have been removed.
-Three personalities have been removed, Smug, Uchi, and Jock. Jock was removed due to complaints from child obesity support activist groups.
-Dr. Shrunk, Phineas, Gulliver, Copper, Booker, Wisp, and Porter have all been removed. And no, that does not mean Champ will return.
-Plot resetting is now impossible in every way.
-Gyroids will now spawn in your town every other day except when it rains and snows, in which it will still spawn.
-All holidays have been removed except the crappy holidays from Wild World. They have returned.
-The city returns, although it has since been abandoned and you can't do anything except walk and look around and the run down buildings.
-Each time you load into the game, when your character exits his/her house, Lyle will be there to give you a nice "quick" talk about home improvements.
-Hourly music will be the same from New Leaf.
-After quitting without saving for five times, your file will be deleted, and you'll have to create a new town.
-Damn.

Can't tell if you're trying to make a joke or just lying.

Back