• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Poll: How early or late do you wake up in the morning?

How early or late do you wake up in the morning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreenTeaHarbor1297

Bells
Perfect Apple
Light Green Scenery
Also, in the comments - Is the time you wake up a matter of voluntary preference, or related to having work or school in the morning? What time do you usually go to bed at? Do you prefer mornings, or nightly recreation?

If 4:00 AM is early, I really need to re-evaluate my life.

Honestly, I’ve considered myself a night owl for the past ten years, maybe even longer. Most of my jobs have been the overnight shift, where I’d sleep between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The rest of the day was my free time.

I currently have a job where I work 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, with one or two of my days being shortened, depending on how many days I work in the week. I adapted surprisingly well to that schedule and I’d go as far to say that I enjoy it. I still sleep in a bit on my days off, not waking up into closer to 2:00 PM. Although, I don’t go to bed until late on my days off anyway.

Last edited:

Honestly, I’ve considered myself a night owl for the past ten years, maybe even longer. Most of my jobs have been the overnight shift, where. I’d sleep between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The rest of the day was my free time.

I currently have a job where I work 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, with one or two of my days being shortened, depending on how many days I work in the week. I adapted surprisingly well to that schedule and I’d go as far to say that I enjoy it. I still sleep in a bit on my days off, not waking up into closer to 2:00 PM. Although, I don’t go to bed until late on my days off

Hehe, made a thread debating whether 4am was "late" or "early" last year.
I included it because it's when the earliest of early birds that I know wake up, those that work opening jobs starting around 6am, and 4am is also twilight / sun rising around the Summer Solstice, and that's with daylight saving time, too. Without daylight saving time, 4am in temperate zones would be daylight in the summer.

I wake up at 7-something AM on school days, but during weekends or breaks it's 10 AM-1 PM, so my answer is late. When I wake up solely depends on how tired I am and how much I wanna sleep in, so I can't really say I choose to wake up at a specific time.

I go to bed pretty late as well. The earliest I've slept was 11 PM. The time I actually sleeps ranges from 12 AM-3 AM. (Or, in some cases, I just pull an all-nighter.) I much prefer night over day, so that could probably explain it.

My sleep schedule is super messed up, especially on days I don’t work. I can stay up until 2 a.m.-ish and wake up at around 10:30-11:30 a.m. When I work, I go to sleep at 12:30 a.m. and wake up at 8:30 a.m.

I can't really vote because the time I wake up in the morning varies greatly based on the day it is. If I have work the next morning, probably anytime between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. This was the same for when I was in school as well.

However, if I don't have anything to do the next day, I can sleep until as late as 6 p.m. and be just fine.

All that being said, I've never really liked the morning hours all that much. I mean, they're okay... I'm one of the few people who isn't grumpy when they get up in the morning and hasn't had anything to eat or coffee. But just the morning in general is boring af and I'd rather sleep if given the chance.

Well, it depends on if I'm working or not. On work days I have to wake up around 8am to be ready to start work somewhere between 8:30-9am. 8am may not be considered early to a lot of people, but it's way too early for me. I wouldn't be waking up then if I didn't have to. On weekends or days off I sleep until about 11am-12pm. That's when I feel my best. I am not a morning person and never will be.

Regardless of what time I have to wake up, I never go to bed before 1am. I am a night owl and enjoy the peaceful time after the sun goes down. I would rather lose sleep than miss out on favorite time of day. Besides, I always get a burst of energy and feel wide awake from about 9pm-12am. I can't even start thinking about winding down for bed until after midnight.

For the purposes of the poll, I answered 7am-9am because I work more days than I have off. One day I'll get to retire and then I'll never wake up early again.

I usually wake up sometime 8am-10am.
When I was working it was 3am.
When I go to bed greatly varies on if I'm having flares or losing blood and if my sleep has been working appropriately. I suppose most often bedtime is about 10pm.

I usually wake up sometime 8am-10am.
When I was working it was 3am.
When I go to bed greatly varies on if I'm having flares or losing blood and if my sleep has been working appropriately. I suppose most often bedtime is about 10pm.
3am, damn. Did you also have to go to bed before sundown because of it?

On most work days, I get up around 7-7:30, but I tend to stay up and sleep in later on weekends and days off—although even then I'm usually up before 10. If I've got a few days off in a row, I'll usually wake up between 8-8:30 so as not to mess up my schedule too much. I don't like getting up super early unless I have to, but if I sleep in too much, it feels like my day goes by too quickly. 😅 So I think the 7-8am range is my ideal. I think those early morning hours are really pretty too, so it's nice being up in time to experience them.

During the week it's usually between 5.30am and 6am and on the weekend it's always between 8am and 9am.

During the week I wake up around 6am for work and start before 7am. That's definitely involuntary as I'm not a morning person at all. Weekends is usually around 10am-11am which I love.

i get up around 11, something... because i need to do a number one & to ''try'' to do a two on my bucket....

I normally wake up at around 8am on weekends because its fun! I only wake up at 6:00 on school days. I love the early morning ☀️

I’m usually up at 7 am when I have school, and anywhere between 9 am and 12 noon when I’m off. My sleep schedule is practically nonexistent lol. I voted normal because I have school more days than I have off.

I think we had this kind of topic before. And the consensus was if you wake up at that time it is early and if you are already up it is late.

I wake up at 4 most times (sometimes 2 and I hate that) so it's early to wake up not to be already awake. I don't do it by choice. It's the schedule of my work.

When I am off I wake up around 6-8 depending on how late I stayed up. It obviously wouldn't be as late as most of you, but we all have varying schedules during the day. I enjoy morning, afternoon, and night. They all have things that can be nice to get into. It's really up to you if you decide to take advantage of it or not.

I get up usually around 6am or 7am, sometimes 5am if I have a lot I want to get done in the day. I like waking up early because the morning feels peaceful and I can enjoy my coffee and journal and hang out with my cats while I listen to music before I start my day :)

I get up at 6:00. Goes to sleep around 23. Preferly 22 but it is difficult to stick to it. 😊

Back