• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

I'm all stocked up back to 90+ pokeballs and 50+ revives now after harvesting some stops!

Gonna have to start just ignoring Zubats soon though, they end up wasting so many pokeballs.

Urgghh I'm so mad, I went outside and found a Growlithe...twice! I clicked on the model and the game would just freeze and then Growlithe would disappear :/ Is it because I don't have data turned on (I don't have a data plan)?

At least I got a Hitmonchan earlier on the dining table :)

You need a connection, yeah. So if you went outside your Wi-Fi connection might have been pretty spotty and that's what happened.

>goes to pokestop
>spins circle
>gets nothing

Is this normal or ??? Because I only have 11 pokeballs rip

I've had it glitch on me a few times. Like spin it, nothing comes, but if I reboot the app it says I've already used it. Maybe the items end up in your inventory anyway when that happens, but I haven't been watching my item numbers closely enough to know for sure.

So I go to the Play Store and I can't find it. I then go online and apparently it isn't out in Canada or is banned from Canada? Is that true?

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/nianti...lease/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

Then to top it all off, there are no Pokestops anywhere near me. I went out of my way to find one and eventually found both a stop and a gym at the memorial park (that I never knew existed). When I went to claim items, I got three Pokeballs. +1 +1 +1. I literally went out of my way biking an extra 45 minutes to find a stop only to get three balls. Seriously?! Looks like when I run out of Pokeballs it's game over and I'll have to uninstall the app. There could always be a stop at McDonald's but nope. :/

It's worth noting that the Pokestops "reset" after only 5 minutes. So if you're desperate enough, just hang out there for a little while and you can use them multiple times. There's a nice spot by a trail here with 3 stops so I use them a couple times which is pretty effective.

Beyond that though, I just don't think this game is going to be for you at least right now if it's that hard for you to get to locations. Ingress submissions have been closed since last September, so you can't add any locations right now. If they ever open back up though, you'll be able to try submitting new locations near you that may be approved.

It's worth noting that the Pokestops "reset" after only 5 minutes. So if you're desperate enough, just hang out there for a little while and you can use them multiple times. There's a nice spot by a trail here with 3 stops so I use them a couple times which is pretty effective.

Beyond that though, I just don't think this game is going to be for you at least right now if it's that hard for you to get to locations. Ingress submissions have been closed since last September, so you can't add any locations right now. If they ever open back up though, you'll be able to try submitting new locations near you that may be approved.

I thought stops were supposed to be "historic locations/big businesses" or something to that effect? If so then I really don't understand why I don't have any nearby. The park near my house is a historic location, I have several churches nearby as well that don't register as a spot. And again, I'm really not sure why McDonald's isn't a spot considering they're involved in nearly everything.

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I guess I'll go spot hunting. I don't want to go too far since it's easy to get lost on a bike, plus the fact that having max brightness + location + Pokemon Go drains my battery so fast.

I got the game today and it's actually really fun! I don't want to seem like a loner going outside just to find Pokemon, so I play it when I'm out with friends. It's surprisingly a pretty fun group activity imo. I'm not super addicted to it, but it's pretty great.

I thought stops were supposed to be "historic locations/big businesses" or something to that effect? If so then I really don't understand why I don't have any nearby. The park near my house is a historic location, I have several churches nearby as well that don't register as a spot. And again, I'm really not sure why McDonald's isn't a spot considering they're involved in nearly everything.

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I guess I'll go spot hunting. I don't want to go too far since it's easy to get lost on a bike, plus the fact that having max brightness + location + Pokemon Go drains my battery so fast.

Well, the vast majority of locations used were created on the previous game Ingress by other players. So if nobody ever actively played Ingress in your area, then that's why there aren't any. They aren't created automatically -- people had to go and take a photo of a location and submit it to Google for approval. Submissions have been closed for a while, but if they ever open up again for Pokemon Go, then you can try getting some added to your area.

I don't think it's meant to be businesses though, unless they happen to have something of significance on property. Locations like parks and trails definitely can be though... the vast majority near me are signs for parks and trails. Or historic benches on said parks and trails. Oh and power boxes with paintings on them oddly enough.

I finally caught a Growlithe! One was closest to me so I used an Incense to lure it in :>

Well, the vast majority of locations used were created on the previous game Ingress by other players. So if nobody ever actively played Ingress in your area, then that's why there aren't any. They aren't created automatically -- people had to go and take a photo of a location and submit it to Google for approval. Submissions have been closed for a while, but if they ever open up again for Pokemon Go, then you can try getting some added to your area.

I don't think it's meant to be businesses though, unless they happen to have something of significance on property. Locations like parks and trails definitely can be though... the vast majority near me are signs for parks and trails. Or historic benches on said parks and trails. Oh and power boxes with paintings on them oddly enough.

Makes sense. Our town isn't really "known" so I can see why. I would think now that there's a new "game" submissions would be opening again soon- there are a few spots I could register. (Because again, Hidden Lake Park doesn't even have any road in the game- it's just a big blue spot surrounded by green. Like the name is registered but not the terrain?)

The only stop I found so far is a memorial site, but I kinda feel guilty hanging around it too long, y'know? The other day when my mom and I went shopping I saw two stops in the commercial district area by the mall, but that's really far away from my house and I doubt I could bike there...

Last edited:
I am perfectly patient in waiting for Pok?mon GO.

I would rather wait for my pre-order of the Pok?mon GO Plus to be released and have an optimised version of the Pok?mon GO app at the end of the month or whenever than be impatient and install a buggy version with potential viruses from sources other than the Google Play Store due to having to sideload it.

I feel like if people in countries that don't have GO out yet didn't find ways to go around the block the servers wouldn't go down as much.

And I know you might think. "Well you're in America you didn't have to wait long" that's not my fault :/

Pokemon Go has been delayed in counties like the UK because of the bugs and all that.

Niantic, the Google/Alphabet spinoff that created "Pok?mon Go" with Nintendo and The Pok?mon Company, is aware of the problem and hard at work on a fix, CEO John Hanke told Business Insider.

And while it fixes the server capacity, international rollout of the game to countries like the United Kingdom and the Netherlands is "paused until we're comfortable," Hanke said.

It's not uncommon for online games like "Pok?mon Go" to have first-day launch jitters. Hanke said that even though it knew how much interest there would be in a new smartphone "Pok?mon" game, Niantic was still surprised by the phenomenon it has become.

"We thought the game would be popular, but it obviously struck a nerve," Hanke said.

And Hanke said that Niantic has already made great strides in fixing the problem, with "a great run" of server availability on Thursday evening.

Source

There's not many around where I am as well.
I've noticed there's a gym near a local soccer field near.

And on the drive to work, there's a couple of PokeStops that I can do as well. However, if the streets are traffic/busy, I won't bother. I just don't want to keep pulling over and in with people watching. They might think I have a problem :p

As much as I want it, It honestly takes up so much space and drains battery fast.
Plus, it costs money to level up your pokemon and you can't battle your friends.

~small questions to the people who have already downloaded GO~ how much data does the game use?
(still has not been released in canada yet ;-;)

I won't have a gyarados for a long time, cuz I've never caught a magikarp. Only hatched one -_-

Right now though, I'm trying to work on a Ghost, Poison, Dark team. I'm mainly looking for Pok?mon with 2 types though, and just one type has to fit my criteria. My Golbat is my toughest Pok?mon, and it has Flying/Poison which is great! I still have no Ghost Types or Dark Types though >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ugh where did all the Bellsprouts go I need the candy xc

- - - Post Merge - - -

I forgot psychic. My criteria for my cool punk team is Ghost, Poison, Dark, or psychic >:) Right now my team consists of Golbat, Venonat, and Weepinbell, but I can't wait to evolve Venonat and Weepinbell. Their evolutions are so cool *w*

Back