• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon General

when's amercian dmeo again
Soon probably. I'll pick mine up when I go in for the Gengar event. :)

Yup

Do you guys think there will be version exclusive mega stones
I have no doubt in my mind there will be. They'll probably do some events to release them for the other game like the Heracross/Pinsir event. Still waiting for our American Charizard event. :/

We already know of two. Camerupt and Sharpedo are version exclusive. So it's not a matter of speculating anymore.
They were confirmed? I mean it seems like reasonable speculation but I wouldn't say it's confirmed unless I've missed a news tidbit.

Sucks that Europeans have to go to events, especially since they might not be able to go/afford it. :/ Really hope they don't plan on doing this kind of nonsense in the US. At least expand beyond Gamestop.

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 2m

Serebii Update: Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire 2DS bundles announced for Europe http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

For those of you in Europe, some new hardware bundles have been announced. This bundle is for a special Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre themed Nintendo 2DSs. These consoles are transparent red and blue, to match the Ruby & Sapphire theme of the games.. The consoles will be available on their own in Europe on November 7th, or bundled with the games on November 28th.

oras2dsbig.jpg
ByM-ggDIIAAwRbQ.png

i like the idea but they look so cheap

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok demo has been announced for europe

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 31s

Serebii Update: Europe to receive Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo from October 15th. Details @ http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

They have also revealed details on the demo in Europe, coming in various areas on October 15th. The Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from Game, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. Game Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 4m

Serebii Update: The Netherlands to receive the ORAS demo at firstlook event on October 11th/12th http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Europe is getting way more promotions than Japan for this game. This and the metal boxes and the figures are all Europe only, right?

Europe is getting way more promotions than Japan for this game. This and the metal boxes and the figures are all Europe only, right?

Yes but why does japan need promotion? They're going to sell like hot cakes regardless

Yes but why does japan need promotion? They're going to sell like hot cakes regardless

I know, but it's strange for Japan to not be getting a promotion Europe is getting. (They kinda deserve it with their 30 or so special editions 3DSes that the rest of the world will never get. And their Club Nintendo. How I want those rewards so much.)

I know, but it's strange for Japan to not be getting a promotion Europe is getting. (They kinda deserve it with their 30 or so special editions 3DSes that the rest of the world will never get. And their Club Nintendo. How I want those rewards so much.)

what do you mean "Japan not getting a promotion Europe is getting" the 2DS isn't even released in Japan LOL how is it possible for them to get a 2DS bundle???

And even if you want to point out they could get a different console bundle, Japan is already getting ORAS themed New 3DS bundles;

new3dsxl.jpg

Re: the special 2DS. The box looks better than the actual 2DS. Minorly disappointed but aren't these the first special 2DS models? I don't know any others anyway.

what do you mean "Japan not getting a promotion Europe is getting" the 2DS isn't even released in Japan LOL how is it possible for them to get a 2DS bundle???

And even if you want to point out they could get a different console bundle, Japan is already getting ORAS themed New 3DS bundles;

new3dsxl.jpg

...Pretend I never said a word. X(
How did I forget about this?

For the German TBT members:
Serebii said:
For those of you in Germany, the details of the Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed in German McDonalds restaurants utilising the Nintendo Zone on your Nintendo 3DS from October 15th. To access it, you simply access the option in the Nintendo Zone to receive a code that can be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop.
I don't know whether this is good or bad for you (I know McDonalds is though! *badum tish*) but it really seems that Nintendo wants to drag people out of their homes to get these codes- bar the UK emails...

Last edited:
Nintendo Zone in McDonald's is way more accessible than the event I'll have to attend for the demo. You don't even have to purchase anything to use that zone. Jeez.

i'm so glad that mcdonalds is a nintendo zone, i usually go there once a week (drive-thru and eating in).
i just bought 50 of all the purchasable(?) pokeballs in Y i am unstoppable

E: also, does anyone have any favourite spots for chain-fishing with the old rod in gen VI? specifically Y?

Last edited:
Nintendo AU NZ ‏@NintendoAUNZ 25m

Two wild Nintendo #2DS bundles appear on 4/12 featuring #Pokemon #OmegaRuby and #AlphaSapphire (SRP AU$179.95 each)

Australian Demo:

BulbaNewsNOW ‏@BulbaNewsNOW 49s

Selected Australian Club Nintendo members to receive ORAS demos via email on October 15th, from selected retailers from November 3rd.

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 13m

Serebii Update: Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire livestream to air on NicoNico on October 2nd. Promises new info http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 16m

Serebii Updates: Pok?mon Get TV episode set to air on Oct. 5th to contain latest ORAS information, including Rayquaza http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Last edited:
we should talk about something that makes everybody cry: iv breeding and breeding in general. i hatched i think 4 bagons yesterday and they were all missing one iv, which is INFURIATING.

@cosmonaut, that was a rather depressing first sentence.

What makes me cry is collecting stuff .-. Whole pokdex spanned out over 2 months, still cant get a sandstorm vivillon, unown... just ugh.

It's satisfying once u complete it though.

@cosmonaut, that was a rather depressing first sentence.

What makes me cry is collecting stuff .-. Whole pokdex spanned out over 2 months, still cant get a sandstorm vivillon, unown... just ugh.

It's satisfying once u complete it though.

my friend is like 10 away from completing the national pokedex (he even has a living pokedex....) and i haven't even completed the kalos dex.

@cosmonaut, I have a living dex too. Took frickin' ages.

i'm only working on a living kalos dex, haha. i've only completed central because i'm so lazy in getting coastal and mountain.

Back