• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Before Sun & Moon's release, remember to change your region for different Vivillons!

Cress

Bells
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
Before Sun & Moon's release, remember to change your region for different Vivillons!

Look at these pretty designs.
Vivillon_Patterns_2-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

I know you want a few of them.
Your Vivillon pattern is determined by your region when you first create a new save file. Changing your region after that won't change anything. So you can change your region before playing the game, load up the game and play a bit, save, then quit and change your region back to where it was. Nothing is affected and you get a new tropical Vivillon pattern!

To change your settings...
Nintendo's website said:
  1. Select the System Settings icon on the HOME Menu, and tap ?Open.?
  2. Tap "Other Settings."
  3. Tap "Profile.?
  4. Tap ?Region Settings.? (Adding this part in, but there'll be a pop-up regarding using your NNID online. I'll get to that later.)
  5. Select the country and tap ?OK.?
  6. Select the region and tap ?OK? to return to the profile menu.
Q&A:
-What happens after I change my country?​
The only notable thing that happens is that you can't access any online features (The Eshop, Miiverse, etc.) until you either A: Change your region back to what it was. or B: Delete your NNID and any games you've downloaded. Considering you ONLY need to start up the game and play a bit of it without needing to go online, just avoid going online so you don't have to delete anything. You can flick the wireless switch off to be super safe if you wish. Otherwise, there may be a few Terms of Service notifications but nothing else.

-What happens if all I change is my state/providence/region, and keep the country the same?​
Nothing! My 3DS is set to United States, California. I just changed it to United States, Hawaii (Ocean Vivillon is amazing omg) and I can still go online and do anything else just fine.

-Are there any regions I can't set my 3DS to?​
Yes. Your 3DS can only be set to countries in your region. Most people here are either NTSC (North & South America, and most of Africa) or PAL (Europe and Oceania). So if you live in France an have a PAL 3DS, you can't change your region to, say, Mexico, or any other NTSC region.

-What about Pok?mon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire? Will all of this work for those games as well?​
Yep! Just remember that it's tied to the region you created the save file with. So if you already have a save file in those games, the only way to get a different region of Vivillon is to either buy a new copy or delete your old save file.

-Why do all this work? Can't we just trade them?
You can trade Vivillons and they will keep the design of their previous region. You can also trade a Scatterbug or Spewa from a different region, and it'll keep the design of its original region when it evolves. However, even if you breed a Vivillon from a different region, any eggs you get will still have the same design as your region. (Example: I have an Elegant Vivillon from Japan. My region is set to United States, California. Any eggs from the Elegant Vivillon will hatch High Plains Vivillons since that's my native design.)

-I want a Fancy or Pok? Ball pattern Vivillon! What region are they from?​
Sadly these 2 designs are both event-only, so you can't catch or hatch any. Until another event for them, the only way is to trade with someone that as one (and most of them will be either cloned or hacked).

-People actually care about another useless bug and flying type Pok?mon????​
Yes now shoo, ur ruining it for people who like to have fun.

That should be it. Now get some pretty designs of the 666th Pok?mon. :lemon:
Illuminati confirmed

Providence confirmed
Am I the only one that played Bravely Second cricri

I've got Y or Alpha Sapphire set to for the Ocean form, I think that's easily one of the prettier forms besides Modern and Savanna.

I'm fine with my Pokeball patterned one from that event awhile back :p

original.jpg

Last edited:
Back