• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I hate it when a group of people take up the whole sidewalk and don’t try to move around you when you try to walk pass them.

Lmaoooo, yes, this one exactly. I had the same problem but in middle school. There was ample amount of room for people to walk by, yet students would walk in a literal horizontal line across the hallway as if they owned the place. People do the same thing in the adult world and it's so annoying. You're not in a freaking Hollywood movie or a gang, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. PEOPLE NEED TO GET BY! Something tells me these are the kinds of people that never learned any better since their school days. :LOL:

1. Loogies. Something about them deeply irks me.

2. The metal sound when a pencil has no more eraser and someone tries erasing and there is that horrible metal scratching noise.

3. People who let their dog poop all over the sidewalk daily and don’t clean it up. Then, in spring (now) there’s a horrible mess of mushy, messy dog poop all in one spot.

when my homie sends me a screenshot and their phone is literally on life support 😩 this is definitely not aimed at anyone whose name rhymes with wink

I hate it when a group of people take up the whole sidewalk and don’t try to move around you when you try to walk pass them.
THIS. people at my school do this all the time, they take up the entire hall way and staircase. people have full conversations in the middle of the door way, like please take this somewhere else I GOT PLACES TO GO.

I used to move but now I keep going straight. You'd be surprised that they actually do move last second. I've only had one person not and we gently brushed shoulders.
Post automatically merged:

When people bring up your past mistakes to make you look bad. Like seriously that type of stuff needs to stop.
This is extremely toxic. It's as if they don't wish for you to grow.

Speaking about the 'bringing up past mistakes' thing, lots of people do it for validity. They feel like making you look bad will make them look better in a conversation.

Probably when a person's normal voice is at like volume 100. I could hear my uncle and mom's entire phonecall from my room on another floor back when I was a kid.

Probably when a person's normal voice is at like volume 100. I could hear my uncle and mom's entire phonecall from my room on another floor back when I was a kid.
You probably wouldn’t like me then, lol. I don’t have an indoor voice and I talk quite loud. It’s not screaming but it’s definitely not quiet. I even had teachers (back when I was in school) tell me to lower my voice quite a bit.

You probably wouldn’t like me then, lol. I don’t have an indoor voice and I talk quite loud. It’s not screaming but it’s definitely not quiet. I even had teachers (back when I was in school) tell me to lower my voice quite a bit.
Same, I talk very loud but then it's also people around me who hear bad and I just have a loud voice naturally which you probably won't believe lol.

No I wouldn't mind. When I was a kid trying to study and had no where to go since we lived in the middle of nowhere, it was hard to do since it was legit like screaming on the phone, but they weren't angry lol. Like anything they talked about was like so close to screaming. It was definitely the way most of them were brought up and they were trying to mirror everyone's 'screaming'

This happened to me today, and happened at my old job. Basically when someone says 'do a your best for *this particular task* for *this particular person*'.

The reason it irritated me is cause
1 it implies I don't already do my best
2 I have to give someone special treatment.
3 When it was said to me, it was regarding a task that I am known not to be the best at. Like, they know I'm not the best at it, so why give it to me? Then going back to reason 1, tell me to do better.

wet socks
people who tip less than 15%
people who drive 5 or more below the speed limit in the fast lane
mosquitoes
showers that run out of hot water
hair in my food (that's more like instant disgust though lol)
incompetent people who act cocky

incompetent people who act cocky
Oh god this.

Or when people obviously get annoyed by something and they could probably make it stop but they're all like "shrugs why would people care" or "lol it's always been like that"

yeah okay good lord why should that person get away with something when it's a new situation ....

For some reason, I can't stand it when a character who doesn't talk, well, talks in fanfiction. Maybe I think it's 'unrealistic' or something. XD It's these two characters that bother me the most, though:
1648676787022.png
1648676639586.png

I can't stand when people can't take jokes/sarcasm and proceed to get offended/upset. I was joking around to someone saying one of our friends was an edge lord and they go, "being edgy isn't cool or cute, it's cringe. are you just mad that people have their own problems?" and they then quit talking and ended our conversation. Like, for one, why did you get so mad about that. I was obviously joking around. Two, it wasn't even directed to you. It just bothers me a lot. I understand that some jokes being said as sarcasm or for fun can hurt and make people upset, but when it doesn't have a thing to do with how you live/act, don't get so defensive.

People who need to bring the largest bags/backpacks on the train so they smack your face basically. Yeah sure you pay my $500 eyeglasses then if you hit me, idiot.

Back