• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Octopi.. Rarest Villagers?

Gizmodo

Food Extraordinare
Bells
Winter Mittens
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Chocolate Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
New Year's Party Popper
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
Does anyone else agree that the Octopi are the rarest villagers in the game, i think they are and this is why :p

They cannot be part of your starting 5 when you begin the game, just as Smug or Uchis can't
However, the next few days after this, Smug and Uchi's move into the game so you have a chance of them, and since there is not many Smug & Uchi, the chance of getting one of them is quite large..

The octopi are of the Normal, Cranky & Lazy type.. therefore the only way to get them by resetting is by picking a town that doesn't have their personality in the original 5, then waiting until the smug/uchi has moved in and then resetting.. however there are way more of these personalities so it will take MUCH longer unlike smugs where its like 1/21 chance..

So yeah its pretty much proven through logic they are the rarest
Did any of you guys manage to get the Octopi without trading, and they just randomnly moved in? (not even counting the campsite, i had Marina in mine once)

Just wondering :D

I think they're considered rarest because there's only three of them in the game.

Marina was the first villager to move into my town, she wasn't one of the starting 5 but she moved in the next day. Maybe I am lucky?

Marina was the first villager to move into my town, she wasn't one of the starting 5 but she moved in the next day. Maybe I am lucky?

Same, she was my first normal :3 (and i voided her haha)

Why can't they be starters? lazy, Normal and cranky can be starters no?

Octopi have never been able to be starter villagers..
They couldnt in WW, or CF or NL
who knows why but many have tested, and also state it isnt
In CF lots of unique "rare" looking villagers couldnt be starters such as Ankha. luckily theyve changed it for many now

The first move in villager does not have to be smug or uchi. Villager #6 is moving in for me right this moment, Baabara the snooty sheep.

Last edited:
In City Folk, monkeys couldn't be starters, either, but they've changed that now. If I'm not mistaken, octopi are the only species that can't be starters in NL.

I love the octopi. Marina moved into my WW town on day two, and since all three of my starter villagers moved out, she's been there the longest of any of my WW neighbors.

Octopi weren't always the rarest species of villager. In WW, there were two octopi, but only one hippo.

I thought Marina could be a starter.. or she was a move in.

well still shucks :c

I think they're considered rarest because there's only three of them in the game.

logic. u has it.
also, i like your icon, who's that? <3
(no but seriously, why is this even a question? if there's 20 rabbits, 35 mice, 10 bears and only 3 octopi, of course the chance of getting one of the latter will be significantly smaller.)

I thought Marina could be a starter.. or she was a move in.

well still shucks :c

marina was a move-in for me, shortly after i started my town, and i think there'll be a lot more people who experienced the same.

Marina is famous for sitting on toilets... I hope I get her GIGGLE LOL

If one moves in, the rest usually do shortly thereafter. (For me, anyway.)

I got Zucker through a cycling thread and I still have him. But, both Marina and Octavian were in my campsites once. I didn't want Octavian and I had 10 when Marina came. So I guess I'm different.

logic. u has it.
also, i like your icon, who's that? <3
(no but seriously, why is this even a question? if there's 20 rabbits, 35 mice, 10 bears and only 3 octopi, of course the chance of getting one of the latter will be significantly smaller.)

Haha thanks. :) My avatar is my character, when I still had blue hair. c:

Considering that there are only 3 octopi found in NL, and that they're all pretty popular...
Yup :|

Back