Oceanside Aquariums (Crystal Ballers and Evergreen Cabins)

Mick

Stellar Wild Child
Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Narnia
Blue Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Silver Star Glow Wand
Blue Train Engine
Yellow Caboose
Sleek Train Car
Floral Train Car
White Crescent Moon
1629070610331.png

During your nature walks at Camp Bell Tree, you might have noticed and appreciated the beauty of our mountains and forests, but what about the beauty of our underwater landscapes? Underwater landscapes can be just as beautiful as the mountains and forests — they’re just a bit harder to see! If only there were some way to package that breathtaking underwater scenery down into a glass container to take it home…..

Task 🐬

Your task is to create an aquarium scene in Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

How to Participate 🐬

Create an aquarium scene in Animal Crossing: New Horizons using the outside of your island and take a screenshot. Post your screenshot in this thread for credit! Please note that this event is hosted by both @Kaiaa and @Mick!

Rules 🐬

• Must be your own photo. No stealing from Google, Pinterest, Reddit, ect!
  • Only one entry per member.
  • Photos must be unedited, this includes in-game filters.
  • Photos must be taken on your own island
  • You must submit a second image wearing a hard hat in Island Designer mode while your character says your Bell Tree username to prove it has been taken on your own island.
  • Only one player character should be visible in the screenshots.
  • You cannot change your entry once you’ve submitted it.
Please note that you are submitting 2 photos for this Event! One with your playable character in their normal outfit and one with your same playable character wearing the designer mode hard hat, standing in the same area of the original picture while your player character says your Bell Tree username!

How to Submit 🐬

To submit, please post both of your screenshots (in one post) directly to this thread by 6:59pm EDT on August 22nd 2021!

How to Vote 🐬

The cabin favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the Like or Love reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

While you can react to any entry, favourites will be decided only by votes from members of the same cabin.
Also note that you are not competing: each cabin will have their own top 3 entries!

Prizes 🐬

Participants who follow the rules will receive:
  • 15 Ocean Tokens and 15 points for your accepted entry
  • The top 3 cabin favourites will earn an additional 8 Ocean Tokens. The top 1 will also receive a Rainbow Jellyfish Collectible.
Frequently Asked Questions 🐬

Can I use custom design patterns in my entry?
Yes! You may use patterns designed by yourself or by others for this event.

Does our character have to be in both screenshots?
You don’t necessarily have to have your player character visible in the first screenshot. If you choose to have your character shown, we only ask that one player character be visible in the scene. It’s necessary for the proof screenshot.

Can villagers or NPC visitors be in the scene?
Yes!

Are there going to be staff favorites?
No! Favorites will be awarded based on reactions this time around. See the "How to Vote" section!

Can I submit more than one view of my aquarium?
Please fit the entire scene of your aquarium into one screenshot, don’t forget to take a second screenshot in builder mode too!

Harvey’s Island is better, can I use that instead?
We have decided not to allow the use of Harvey’s or indoor rooms for this challenge. Please make an aquarium scene somewhere on your island for it to count.

Who do I contact for questions about this event?
@Kaiaa and @Mick will be your hosts for this event, so please contact them if you have questions!

Last edited:
@Mick
I recently restarted my island, so unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have builder mode unlocked in time and won't be able to take the second screenshot. Is there any way around this?

@Mick
I recently restarted my island, so unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have builder mode unlocked in time and won't be able to take the second screenshot. Is there any way around this?

No problem! If you could write your name (or just goomy would do) on a custom pattern and put that on display/on the ground, we can make an exception and also consider that for validation. Does that work? Make sure to quote this post if you end up doing so, so Kaiaa knows I gave you this permission! 😄

Does the player character have to be visible in both screenshots? Or just the one with the hard hat.

Does the player character have to be visible in both screenshots? Or just the one with the hard hat.

You don’t necessarily have to have your player character visible in the first screenshot. If you choose to have your character shown, we only ask that one player character be visible in the scene. It’s necessary for the proof screenshot.

It's festival season here in Nara! Come try your luck at a goldfish scooping stand and you just might walk home with a slightly large goldfish! Yes they look a little like koi and red snappers, but that's only because we took extra great care of them so they just kept growing 👀 when was goldfish season again?
1629088581265.png

1629088636163.png

Welcome to the Mermaid Trench! Filled with bioluminescent jellyfish (mush and hyacinth lamps) and complete with a pirate chest!

1629090478151.png

1629090423546.png

I definitely interpreted this as a cute scene you would set up inside an aquarium or fishbowl, rather than an alternate aquarium to the museum.

Back