• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Direct March 8, 2018 @ 2PM PST/5PM EST

The only thing I wanted was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC. But I expect that to appear out of nowhere like the last two DLC Packs for the original Mario Kart 8 did.

I'm surprised Super Smash Bros was announced when it wasn't E3 yet. I mean its a big game. They better make Mario Kart 8 Villager (The guy in my Avatar/Signature) appear as a fighter and definitely not as an assist trophy NPC in Smash.

Undertale on Switch? We already have Bendy and Cuphead on switch, now there's this???

I wasn't really expecting Animal Crossing Switch to appear during the Nintendo Direct, its more of an E3 thing. (Same with Smash, but its a port, so I guess it makes sense not to announce Smash Switch on E3)

You know what? I'm really happy about this because I haven't had a computer (because I can't afford internet... or a new computer) since I turned 18 (well before 2015) and I've really wanted to play this game. Now I can.

a bad fan base already ruined a pretty overly hyped game...but i hope u enjoy your game

So still no new Animal Crossing for Switch. But I don't feel ready for another Animal Crossing game, not yet at least. Maybe by 2019 I would.

I did hear that they were coming out with a South Park game sometime before the direct. I also heard that almost everything about that game is offensive, including the game's title. I wonder how are they going to handle South Park.

I did hear that they were coming out with a South Park game sometime before the direct. I also heard that almost everything about that game is offensive, including the game's title. I wonder how are they going to handle South Park.
Apparently when chosing game difficulty you also chose your skin tone! ( As in white for easy pitch black for hardest ) I'm not sure how I feel about that...

a bad fan base already ruined a pretty overly hyped game...but i hope u enjoy your game

thank you. Glad I'm not the only person on the internet who doesn't fangirl over undertale like it's 2015

well I was lowering expectations for this direct hardcore, and boy did it ever blow away expectations! It was mainly ports, but there were some really good ones in there, not to mention SMASHSHSH!

Evidence is suggesting that this is an entirely new smash game, but we don't know for absolute sure. Regardless, I was so sure there wouldn't be smash or AC, and while AC might get announced at E3, I am so happy that smash is confirmed to come to the switch!

Ssssmmmmmmaaaaaassssshhhhhh

That's all I'm interested in. Apart from Octopath Traveller and splatoon DLC.

Also detectives pikachu's voice Lmao! Getting it 4 da memes

The high point of the direct was when they revealed the release date for Hyrule Warriors. That's how boring it was. :/

I'm not sure why there's so much hate on Undertale. Yea, its fanbase is absolute trash but it's not a bad game. Also, am I the only one really excited for the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy?!

lmao why are people hating on undertale/other popular indie games getting ports? like yeah it had a pretty awful fanbase but that doesn't mean the game isn't good. the game's spectacular and it doesn't do anything to **** on people who want to play it (or replay it) just cuz it's a few years old or is associated with a bad fanbase. smh some people need to learn how to separate content from its fanbase.

i also totally forgot about some of the other things in the direct, smash got me hyped and then everything else was forgotten cuz of all that splat content :confused: mario tennis... at first i was kinda like 'ehhh... okay?' but as the trailer went on it seemed pretty fun. doubt i'll get it though lol. i'm telling my brother about all the games n such since he just ordered a switch and he said all he wants is a wind waker port :rolleyes: missed that with the wii u, buddy. lol.

Apparently when chosing game difficulty you also chose your skin tone! ( As in white for easy pitch black for hardest ) I'm not sure how I feel about that...

That was really bad. But I'm not sure if that was meant to be offensive or if that was based on today's inequality. It's still offensive, but it's not surprising, considering how they handled Trump in the last season.

I meeaannn, it is South Park. The show that is solely based on being offensive lol

I meeaannn, it is South Park. The show that is solely based on being offensive lol

I know. Even in the 90's, it was considered offensive for its time. I also know that this wasn't the first RPG South Park game that was highly offensive. Stick of Truth had a lot of offensive moments.

lmao why are people hating on undertale/other popular indie games getting ports? like yeah it had a pretty awful fanbase but that doesn't mean the game isn't good. the game's spectacular and it doesn't do anything to **** on people who want to play it (or replay it) just cuz it's a few years old or is associated with a bad fanbase. smh some people need to learn how to separate content from its fanbase.

because the game isn't good.

I remembered back when GameFAQs had the Best Game Ever competition, Undertale won the "Best Game Ever" award. But I felt that it fraudulently won since it won by rallying beyond GameFAQs rather than only GameFAQs voters. Another thing, the Wii U board users continued to talk about Undertale and how it was winning the Best Game Ever competition, when they were supposed to only talk about the Wii U. But to be honest, the Wii U Board users on GameFAQs are trolls that are constantly talking about how bad Nintendo was doing at the time.

That was really bad. But I'm not sure if that was meant to be offensive or if that was based on today's inequality. It's still offensive, but it's not surprising, considering how they handled Trump in the last season.
What did you think their intentions could be if not social satire based around inequality?

Anyway, Undertale's hype really was largely due to the roleplaying community. A fascination with the characters more than the game's mechanics, a little bit like OFF. I think there's a large part of the gaming community that isn't keen to regard writing above gameplay itself, so that likely plays a part in it being patronized.

Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS makes me want to chainsaws the 3DS in half, and give it to the ghosts to eat in Lugi's Mansion.

Back