• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Island Journals Board and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two updates for the Island Journals:
  1. Auto merging has been turned off in the board.
  2. You can now earn bells by posting updates in your thread. Only the thread creator will earn them and it's limited to about once per day.

Love the journal board, really excited to keep posting there

One thing, is there a way in the new forum system to hide your signature on a per-post basis? As I've reserved the first few posts of my journal thread I'd like to hide my sig from some of them to make it flow better -- is this possible?

Thanks for the new features! I haven't gotten around to posting some of my patterns yet, but the new sub-forum and its features will help keep gallery threads neat and tidy.

ohhh, idk if I'll use this, but nice to see a pseudo-blog feature's been added

(though might I ask why dodo business class isn't a subforum of the airlines if the only difference is free vs fee? that's the only major recently added thing I have problems with, tbh. mainly for how long the main index is already)
I'm pretty sure that the reason why both the Airport and Dodo Business Class forums are kept separate is to avoid confusion when seeing/clicking on the "Latest Thread/Post" via TBT's main forum page.

I love this feature so much!!! But I would also love an option to hide my signature in my reserved/info posts c:

I already posted my happy thoughts but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE ISLAND JOURNALS! 😍 I stayed up all night to make mines decently pretty! 💕

Loving the update and can’t wait to use the journal feature! Thanks, staff!

It's been 3 days and I don't know if I wanna do this journal thing anymore. Everyone has done theirs differently and I don't know how to start mine. Plus i'm not very creative. I still wanna do it however, its just i'm too anxious on it.

Sorry to butt in but it does spam the ACNH board. It's not that bad but...you know.
I'm sure if it goes overboard it'll be consolidated into a single thread or something but it's like TT, everyone will get bored of talking about it in a couple days

How do these journals work exactly? I'm always confused

They work as if you were posting a normal thread (but there are additional fields you can add such as your native fruit, native flower, and island hemisphere). Auto-merge has also been turned off for the Island Journals board so you can easily reserve posts if you wish. :)

It's completely up to you for what you put in your island thread. Some users have been using their first post as a 'hub' detailing all the main parts of their island (e.g.: residents, landmarks, island history) and then replying with daily journal entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back