• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New foods/drinks you tried today/recently!

I tried polenta (Italian cornmeal dish), it tastes good but I do prefer mashed potatoes better because of the texture but polenta is still good as bread/any solid food or being paired with beef.

This may not be a new one but onigiri tastes super good and it became one of my favorite foods.

I recently tried mattar paneer, which is an Indian dish. It had peas, chickpeas, and paneer (an Indian cheese) served with rice. I really liked it. I plan on getting it again sometime.

I had a papaya for the first time yesterday and it was absolutely delightful. Up there as one of my favorite fruits now.

Also tried avocado the other day. Not a fan, which is kind of unfortunate considering their nutritional benefits. I'll have to try making it into guacamole sometime though to see if I can tolerate that.

When my mom visited yesterday, she had me try this raspberry KitKat she bought and it was good. I wouldnt go looking for it but it wasn't gross. It was just really sweet. She thought it tasted like the berries in Cap'n Crunch. I thought it tasted a little different but still similar. I guess it was a valentines thing? This flavor isn't common here.
I want to try the matcha KitKats one day. They aren't sold here though.

I tried the Cotton Candy and Bubblegum flavours of mogu mogu. Very nice, bubblegum was better imo.

Also have never actually had sea bass until recently where I made it with my flatmate, it was delicious

s-l400.jpg

I tried Starburst Sparkling Ice flavored sparkling water.These are a lot better than the regular Sparkling Ice flavors which are a bit too tart for my liking.The Starburst flavors are a lot sweeter tasting but they still have some tartness and don't taste as sweet as sugared sodas.They are sugar free and are sweetened with sucralose(Splenda AKA the yellow packet stuff).

Yesterday I bought a red pomelo, I often& buy white ones but it was the fist time I was seeing a red one. I was really sweet and has a delicate flavor. I loved it.

Today I tried the Violife dairy-free cream cheese. As I've been on my quasi-vegan journey once again, I have been trying out various cream cheeses to see which one is best. Violife's cream cheese is not too bad actually. It's got a good texture and the flavor is reminiscent of real cream cheese. It doesn't hold a candle to Miyoko's cream cheese though, they've really got the non-dairy cheese figured out. The problem with Miyoko's though is that they are so darn expensive. Like, $10 for a tub of non-dairy cream cheese is exorbitant, but it is sooooo worth it. Sadly, none of the stores around me are selling Miyoko's anymore, I think it was a pandemic casualty.

When I went to Mexico for Christmas, I tried all sorts~ The one food that stuck with me was Gringas.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 19.38.18.png

Makes me hungry just staring at 'em. They're like tacos, but different (please no asky me) They was so damn tasty! The melted cheese and meat.
I remember it so well, because it was nearer the time we were leaving. And my brother in law wanted me and my friend to try tacos and gringa from their nightly stall. It's a lovely memory, just sitting outside trying new food and being around my friend, nephew and brother in law. (My mum is kinda picky on what she eats, so my mum and sister stayed home to eat pizza)

Still trying to find a place that does Gringa here! I was tempted to ask Chiplote if they have it.

Another thing I have recently tried is waffle! Just a plain, with sugar waffle. I know there's different ones, but I never was really interested in trying one till I had the chance to try. Its lovely warmed, but not cold.
It's not something I would jump for joy to try again, or pick when out though.

I made a spam fried rice recipe yesterday and I really like it! It's a one pot so it's super easy and comes together very quickly. I find that even with "quick" recipes, I'm quite slow with prepping and it takes me an hour or over, however with this fried rice recipe I was actually done in less than an hour, (maybe 40-50 mins?) and it just felt like such a win to me lol. It's pretty tasty and makes a good amount of leftovers which is what I wanted. Will definitely be making this again when I need something quick!

I tried arugula for the first time in my very adult life and let me say, I do not like it at all.

It's the weirdest thing I ate. I don't even know how to describe the weirdness. I thought it was just life a leafy green thing and I made a very unpleasant face about it. My friend, who has had it forced on her in salads all her life, understood my pain...

Why??? Why do you guys add that thing to your salad?!

After trying an avocado earlier this week and finding I didn't like it, I decided to try guacamole today to give avocados a fighting chance because I want the nutritional benefits. Thankfully I have found that I like guacamole. Not as ideal healthwise as having the plain fruit since it has other ingredients added, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

My boyfriend got me a Sakura Japanese snack box and it had all kinds of good stuff in it I’ve never had before, I can’t remember the name of most of it but I know it was all really good and now I want to try more Japanese snacks and honestly snacks from around the world in general. I was looking at some British and Irish candy bars I want to try eventually. I really want to also try more flavors of mochi, I believe there was some mochi in the Sakura snack box that I ate which was good

Yesterday I tried the strawberry Pocky since they store didn't have the matcha pejoy I normally choose. The strawberry was really good and is better than the chocolate impo.
I also ate at slim chicken for the first time with mom. It was good. It was like improved chik fil la impo.

soy vanilla yoghurt. not bad, funky/ sweet aftertaste as expected of a soy product

I tried this melon cream soda!Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 3.32.43 PM.png

It was so sweet and good! I ate it with a new brand of umami corn puffs I tried but I can't remember what brand it was.

I tried a new drink from Booster Juice today. It had matcha, mango and oat milk in it. It was pretty good, though I would have liked to be able to taste the matcha a bit more.

Back