• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New foods/drinks you tried today/recently!

Pretty heckin' good:
Snyder-s-of-Hanover-Pretzel-Pieces-Parmesan-Garlic-11-25-oz_146fa4c1-3da6-4ab2-a1f9-e3944a9944d9.d500f931824c336bbd95fe0cb180bb22.jpeg

I tried kiwi fruit for the first time yesterday, with the skin on for the additional nutritional benefits, and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Another favorite fruit discovered. I wish I was more open to a wider range of fruit throughout my earlier life; I kind of just kept to a few that I knew I liked. Better late than never, though, as the saying goes.

i tried snails not too long ago from a trip abroad. they're actually very tasty and makes for a good appetizer. i also tried salt coffee which is coffee with salt cheese crema i believe? it was quite tasty as well. i wasn't sure if the salty flavor would go well with coffee but it actually does!

I'm visiting my family in Finland right now and I tried the oat-based "yoghurt" that my mother had bought and I think that it tasted grossly sweet. I don't understand how she can buy that. 😔

I tried oysters recently! I'm not a fan of most seafood, but my coworkers ordered some oysters and suggested I try the less briny ones. I ate those with lemon, horseradish, and cocktail sauce. The texture is... interesting. I couldn't get used to the taste, but I didn't hate it. yay? 😂 I probably wouldn't order it in the future or eat it unless it were in front of me, though.

As part of my dinner last night, I tried a recipe for asparagus that I found online that utilized olive oil, a clove of garlic, lemon zest, some lemon juice and some salt and pepper.

Absolutely fantastic.

I tried rice crackers for the first time today. I'm not sure how to feel about them! They have a funny taste that I can't decide if I like or not.

I also tried toffee peanuts. Those were pretty good!

Dr-Pepper-Creamy-Coconut-Zero-Su.jpg

I had a Dr.Pepper Creamy Coconut today for the first time.I definitely tasted the coconut but the creamy not so much.The coconut flavor is more subtle and natural than I thought it would be.It's not overwhelming like Dr.Pepper Strawberries & Cream.I liked it.

I tried Mezeh for the first time the other day because my sister kept raving about it. it’s basically like a Mediterranean version of chipotle I guess but way more expensive. It was okay, I honestly probably prefer chipotle over it lol. she said Cava was better so maybe I’ll try that one soon.

I’ve tried two new mountain dews recently; I’m feeling guilty since pepsi is supporting something I’m against so I really need to cut down on pepsi products. I tried this new laguna lemonade and baja point break punch. The laguna lemonade is okay, not as good as a different lemonade one they have; this one tastes much like a “punch” flavored pop. Baja point break punch is much better.

I tried a Monster Preperado yesterday and am having some right now. I wasn’t sure i’d like it, but my boyfriend said he thought I would. It’s not bad! Kinda tastes like sour strawberry with an extra sting. I’m enjoying it but I probably can’t drink more than a small sip at a time haha.

Today I got my first Kinderjoy egg, which is probably a bit too late for me to do at my age. But I like it. The wafers were my favorite part. It’s not something I’d buy again, though. And I got this toy from the egg:
IMG_0730.jpeg

I was looking for more cayenne pepper because it seems to keep the neighbor cats from screaming all night in the backyard. I found some red cayenne pepper. It does taste different too. Maybe a little sweeter if you can get past the heat.

Back