• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New foods/drinks you tried today/recently!

had melonpan for the first time on saturday when at a bakery with friends! i thought it actually had melon flavor in it lol. but no, it was purple so i assume it was taro flavored...? it was v good regardless

I tried the Christmas-exclusive candy cane and stracciatella (which I mistakenly called cookies n' cream) flavored Lindor chocolates the other day. It tasted amazing and I wish we had more. :v

I recently bought a box of persimmons, they were so good. I vaguely remember eating some when I was a kid, maybe, not sure...but I didn't remember the taste.

I also tried Go! Gummies that have only 1g of sugar and a lot of fibers, I love gummies but my body is not good with sugar, it makes sick, but those were okay and they tasted really good.

I attempted... keyword: attempted
to try this new energy drink my job started to carry! It's Alani brand; Cherry Slush flavor. It was really good! I want to try the other ones, when I'm not in so much mouth pain..

I also tried Buldak Quattro Cheese ramen recently. Too spicy for me ;w; but if I ever want to travel to SK.. I need to tolerate spicy foods TvT

My spouse picked up this garlic butter spread by Chef Shamy that is amazing. It has parmesan cheese in it and basil. We decided to try it to 'make' our own garlic bread at home instead of buying the frozen Texas Toast. It is really flavorful and I like it alot. Recommend!

As I've been trying to cut out heavily processed foods this year, I decided to try Ezekiel Bread. It's a brand of bread that doesn't have any preservatives, chemicals, added sugars, etc. Specifically, I tried the Flourless Sprouted Whole Grain variety. It's probably not for everyone, but personally, I like it. Obviously still not the best for you since it's still got a bunch of carbs and it's still processed to an extent since it's bread, but I'll probably stick with it for my bread needs moving forward.

I tried vegetable biryani recently. It was really good! It came out a little dry, but I think I overcooked it. I'll definitely be trying it again.

I tried an apple soda called Manzanita Sol, it was good (ouo)b
Come to think of it, I don't really know of many apple flavored sodas out there. 🍎 I think that's a Mexican beverage, right? On a related note, I had enchiladas today. 🌶️🧀 They're awfully simplistic, essentially cheese wraps drenched in spicy goop, but they're alright. 🤷‍♀️

Come to think of it, I don't really know of many apple flavored sodas out there. 🍎 I think that's a Mexican beverage, right? On a related note, I had enchiladas today. 🌶️🧀 They're awfully simplistic, essentially cheese wraps drenched in spicy goop, but they're alright. 🤷‍♀️
yup, it’s Mexican! i’ve never had apple soda before that, it seems to be pretty rare in my culture.

Today I tried making spicy tuna onigiri with prepackaged sticky rice. It came out ok.

The onigiris tasted a bit too sour for me though. Maybe it was the rice vinegar? I probably added too much and not enough salt. I did like the tuna and sriracha-mayo combo though.

If I were to make this again, then I would have to buy those rice shaping molds to speed up the process, because the rice started drying up by the time that I made the third onigiri.

sounds weird but i’m on a gatorade quest, it’s a thing i made up where i try to find and drink all the flavors of gatorade. i know, it’s serious serious business. unfortunately im limited to the school vending machine… that doesn’t have gatorade but does have powerade which i am counting as a variant.

so anyway i tried the blue/berry powerade today and i rate it a 7/10, it looks like windex and i prefer the fruit punch flavor but overall very good, very energizing.

IMG_2803.png

IMG_2796.jpeg

Last edited:
sounds weird but i’m on a gatorade quest, it’s a thing i made up where i try to find and drink all the flavors of gatorade. i know, it’s serious serious business. unfortunately im limited to the school vending machine… that doesn’t have gatorade but does have powerade which i am counting as a variant.

so anyway i tried the blue/berry powerade today and i rate it a 7/10, it looks like windex and i prefer the fruit punch flavor but overall very good, very energizing.

View attachment 532900

View attachment 532901
You gotta try Lime and Cucumber Gatorade. That stuff will make your eyes roll backwards. 👁👁🔙 I'd say my favorite Gatorade is the Lemon Lime one. 🍋 Gatorade makes me feel bloated though, for some reason, so I don't drink it anymore. Doesn't matter if I'm drinking it for fun or after exercise. Not sure why. 👎

This sounds ridiculous, but rice. For whatever reason I would not touch this stuff. Until we went into a Japanese style restaurant and they plastered my entire plate with it. I didn't want to feel bad by wasting all the food.

Turns out its pretty good with sauces.

I tried making scallion chicken a few days ago and it's pretty nice for a quick meal! Not super obsessed with it, but I'll definitely be making it again when I need something quick. :>

Back