• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New foods/drinks you tried today/recently!

VernalLapin

hey, moon
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Spring Sakura
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Dino Plush
Floral Train Car
Ruby
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Post what new foods/drinks you tried today or recently and your opinion on them!

Today I tried Mexican street corn flavored corn nuts. They’re good, but I think I still prefer the originals. I also had some Code Red Mountain Dew which I naturally loved since I love the fruity flavors and anything that tastes like a sweet sugary cherry.

Funny how this thread popped up today, because today was the day I tried the Pineapple Jarritos soda. It tastes a lot stronger than I thought it would but it's really good. I only took one sip but from what I could taste, it was great. I'd love to have some when it's colder. I tried it at room temperature and drinks are better cold.

0007800003818.jpg

I tried Zero Sugar(there's also a regular sugary version) Tropical 7 Up recently.I liked it a lot.It's a bit sweeter tasting than the other Zero Sugar Seven Up flavors.There's a combo of mango and pineapple flavors in it along with a small hint of grapefruit.

My mom made banana nut bread (substituting sugar for honey 🍯) so I got to try it for the first time today, and I thought it was pretty good! Sweet but not overly sweet, and I felt like it definitely had some banana flavor without the texture of bananas that I find so terribly unpleasant. I'm glad I can get some of their nutritional value without having to subject myself to them—I would currently rate banana bread my #1 preferred method of consuming bananas. 🍌
I feel like I've said the word "banana" too much.

Having been prompted by the What's Your Favorite Doritos Flavor? thread here in Brewster's Café last month, I decided to pick up one of the Doritos flavors I hadn't had before during the most recent grocery shopping. This time was Doritos Flamas. I wasn't sure what to expect (other than heat obviously) but I was pleasantly met with the flavor I remember Takis having. Makes sense, on retrospect, considering the lime on the bag. I don't generally eat these sorts of snacks very often but I might have to get them again in the future. I'll probably try some of the other flavors I haven't yet tried before getting them again though.

At Costco the other day, I tried a Bai Boost sample (strawberry-kiwi) and Whisps Cheese and Pretzel Bites. They’re both delicious…and the pretzel bites are addictive!

these aren’t the most interesting new tries haha, but i tried trolli’s very berry sour brite crawlers (gummy worms) and big chewy nerds for the first time the other day! the big chewy nerds were good, though i only really liked the strawberry and grape flavours. the trolli sour gummy worms were *chefs kiss*, though!! they weren’t sour at all, but the flavours were so delicious! i’ll definitely be getting them again 👀
IMG_3486.jpeg
IMG_3485.jpeg

I tried clam chowder for the first time the other day. I liked it a lot, actually. I love seafood, so it's not really surprising, haha. I would definitely eat it again, especially with salmon. 😋

Another new food I tried "recently" (okay, a few weeks ago) were the jalapeño & cheddar Doritos. I'm not a fan of spicy foods generally, but it's one of my favorite Doritos flavors now. XD

I tried Foco lychee and passionfruit drinks recently. Passionfruit was ok, but unfortunately more leafy-tasting than I expected (I’ve only had passionfruit-flavored stuff before). Lychee was every bit as delicious as I’d hoped though!

I tried Zaxby’s handcrafted peach sweet tea today, it was so good. If I didn’t care about my health I would just drink it as is always but lol obviously it’s more on the sweeter side so I would probably add more unsweetened ice tea in it to dilute all that sweetness.

My sibling that is visiting brought some leftover Dr Pepper jellybeans that were given at work. They tasted good.

I tried bao buns for the first time recently. I love the taste/texture, and there are some great flavor combinations. Falafel, tahini labneh, pickled chili & onion is my current favorite.

You know those Monster Cereals from General Mills? Boo Berry, Count Chocoula, and Franken Berry? I don't generally eat sugary cereals throughout the rest of the year, but I like to get those in October. They came out with a new flavor this year called Carmella Creeper which is, as the name implies, caramel apple flavored. I got some to try and see what I thought of it.

I think it's pretty good. If I were to rank it against the others, I'd probably say:

1) Count Chocoula
2) Carmella Creeper
3) Boo Berry
4) Franken Berry
?) Monster Mash (I only had it once last year, haven't seen it yet this year, and don't remember the flavor enough to rank.

I don't know whether Carmella Creeper will survive to see another Halloween season next year, or if it will be discontinued like previous cereals Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy, but I'd welcome it back at least.

Recently tried raspberries & now I remember why I didn't like them. They aren't terribly bad, but it's not something I would choose over another fruit or snack.

it wasn't today, but when i was in Canada, i tried poutine, and i really did not like it. but i think i discovered im just not a fan of gravy. makes everything soggy and just tastes like salt water.

I tried clam chowder for the first time the other day. I liked it a lot, actually. I love seafood, so it's not really surprising, haha. I would definitely eat it again, especially with salmon. 😋

Another new food I tried "recently" (okay, a few weeks ago) were the jalapeño & cheddar Doritos. I'm not a fan of spicy foods generally, but it's one of my favorite Doritos flavors now. XD
I love clam chowder. There is a few different ones out there. But I pick up the Campbell's chunky new england clam chowder every fall once it gets chilly out.
----

A food I tried this year is onion dip which sounds silly, but I guess there is this French onion powder thing at the store that you can use for multiple things and one of them was for a dip (mix it with sour cream). I thought that powder box was for soup only, but in small print on the back of side of the box (depends on brand) it mentions other uses.
Best way to eat sour cream and onion flavored chips for sure.

This is the first time I've ever had scalloped potatoes. They taste okay.

Back