• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Animal Crossing News Coming NEXT YEAR!

I don't think it should be live orchestrations of the New Leaf music. It needs to be its own music.

Honestly, they can keep the cartoony visuals, that's what gives AC its charm. However, they should definitely heavily improve the shader effects (especially the water and lighting) and make the game look absolutely beautiful. Just look at the Zelda Wii U game. Cartoony visuals but still stunning to look at.

I don't think it should be live orchestrations of the New Leaf music. It needs to be its own music.

Honestly, they can keep the cartoony visuals, that's what gives AC its charm. However, they should definitely heavily improve the shader effects (especially the water and lighting) and make the game look absolutely beautiful. Just look at the Zelda Wii U game. Cartoony visuals but still stunning to look at.

Another thing I was thinking is that they should have the return of the city. And the city will be almost like a town in which businesses will open up or close down, in the same way as villagers move into town and leave town. Also, the city shouldn't just have the same type of music sounding in the same way, depending on the time of the day. It should have it's own hourly music just like the town has, but will have completely different hourly music from what the town has. Because the one from Let's go to the City is now a K.K. Slider song, which will probably be titled something like "Citybound K.K." on Animal Crossing Wii U.

Last edited:
I don't know, i feel as though the 3DS is perfect for Animal Crossing, and even though I'll definately be getting the next AC game no matter what, I won't be able to play it as much if it's on the Wii U... And that makes me kind of sad :(

You know what I'd like? A different hourly bell sound. CF had one for the city but for the main town, we've had the same bell sound since WW. I swear, if the Wii U game doesn't have a new bell sound I'm gonna be disappointed.

More dogs from every personality. I wish they could make a Dalmatian boy but I doubt it because of Portia, a snooty villager. Bring all the animal from the game cube back. Add resturants and a better final expansion for the t and t shops.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also more octopi. Add lambs and badgers. Things to remove-hh showcase and have kk take control of clip lol and please bring my favorite thing in animal crossing history-The Marquee back with new emotions.

I think it would be cool if there was a "move" feature where after like 6months or so the option becomes available that you can move to a new map you know so you don't have to start completely over all of your stuff and villagers would come, but you'd have to re-earn some features. Then you'd have to wait a little while before you could "move" again...idk just a thought :D I hate starting completely over just because I got tired of my map! Sorry if someone already mentioned this! :)

if they come out with a new ac for the 3ds i think they should add the ability to lock villager in your town so that you don't have to worry about them moving out and also more storage space

I'd like to see the animal villagers wear jackets, scarves, etc for the winter, like in the movie.

Also, let us have more than 1 village on a single disc. That way, I can recreate Animal Village from the movie while keeping my personal town.

Also more octopi. Add lambs and badgers. Things to remove-hh showcase and have kk take control of clip lol and please bring my favorite thing in animal crossing history-The Marquee back with new emotions.
I'd like to see shark villagers.

Last edited:
I REALLY hope it will be another 3DS game, probably for the New 3DS.

There should be an arcade with various mini-games :)

We know there's not going to be another one for the 3DS. Animal Crossing has never appeared more than once on a platform, except for the Gamecube version being updated once in Japan.

Nobody knows forsure what platform the future animal crossing will be on. With Ambio figures out now they could make a cross platform game for the new 3ds and wii u, judging by the fact that majority of AC fans prefer handheld I don't think they would make a whole new game and not have it available for the 3ds as well. Just because they made it every other console in the past doesn't mean they will continue with that, especially since the creator of AC said himself that the game caters to handheld devices. In the end nobody knows what Nintendo will do they could surprise us! :)

Last edited:
What I'd love to see on Animal Crossing Wii U... is local multiplayer. Where it will be split screen and you can either choose to play with the players that are currently in your town, or players can be invited by visiting the town from a GameCube memory card (in which would be sold alongside a GameCube Memory Card Adapter, similar to Super Smash Bros for Wii U) and playing as multiplayer. Or it could be done through an SD Card adapter.

Also, what would also be nice... is to transfer your save data from the original Animal Crossing across to Animal Crossing Wii U, along with the option of also transferring from Animal Crossing: New Leaf as well, in which the players will move into a new town on the Wii U. ^^

I think AC for Wii U will be the one AC game I don't get because I don't have a Wii U and I'm really not interested in buying one.

However, I say that now, and I'm sure that once they start releasing details and trailers for the new game, it will look amazing and I'll be very tempted to cave.

I'm sure that once they start releasing details and trailers for the new game, it will look amazing and I'll be very tempted to cave.

This is, from Nintendo's business standpoint, exactly why they SHOULD put it on the Wii U. =P

get hype for wii u ac.
I'm really curious about what it'll be called. It's so surreal to even think about it.

You know what would be nice. If we could place where we want out PWPs on the Gamepad. There would be a map shown on the Gamepad and you can select on the grid where to place it. That way, placing PWPs will feel less tedious.

I cannot wait to get AC on Wii U. I have had a Wii U since June 2013 and man I do not regret that purchase. It soon rendered my 3DS obsolete and I sold it in February of this year. So many great games on that console : Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Assassins Creed 4, Child of Light, Watchdogs, Mario Kart 8, Unepic, Scram Kitty, Shovel Knight, Tengami, Nintendoland, etc.

I want HD Animal Crossing on my Wii U Now !

Back