• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Animal Crossing News Coming NEXT YEAR!

I have to say I prefer AC on handhelds (maybe because my first AC game was Wild World, so that's how I learned to love it first) but honestly I'd be happy regardless of if a new game gets released on WiiU/3DS. What I am really interested in, though, is how they'll incorporate a Tom Nook Amiibo into things. That is if they even release one, of course. :'D

I prefer AC on handhelds. I like having the game on the go and being able to play where ever I want rather than being confined to a room with a tv in it. Also, I'm not really interested in buying a Wii U. ┐('~`;)┌ I'm seriously hoping for a portable music player. The hourly music can be a little boring after a while.(ʃ˘̩̩ε˘̩ƪ)

I prefer AC on handhelds. I like having the game on the go and being able to play where ever I want rather than being confined to a room with a tv in it. Also, I'm not really interested in buying a Wii U. ┐('~`;)┌ I'm seriously hoping for a portable music player. The hourly music can be a little boring after a while.(ʃ˘̩̩ε˘̩ƪ)

Totally agree! Being confined to a room to play AC just stinks, yes the graphics would be AMAZING but I'd rather be able to take my town on vacation with me or just anywhere on the go! Makes it a better experience in my opinion:D

Yeah, right. It's cool to be able to play the game on the go, on the bus or in the metro. Yes. But most of the time I took to play Animal Crossing was at my house. By my bed or at my desk. With a tiny little blurry screen with huge pixels and cramps in my neck. So, I have to disagree ;)

Animal Crossing is better on a 1080p TV with a home console sporting a remote controller with a huge colour screen. Hence the Wii U version we are all waiting for. On the go, I have my iPhone 6 Plus that sports HD 1080p graphics to read books or write emails or browse the web.

Last edited:
Idk why people thought they would announce the new AC on the direct...

If anything, it's going to be at E3 this year, and tbh, I'd be surprised if they announced it outside of E3.

I'm really hoping they bring it out for both 3ds and the newer 3ds, because I don't really want to buy a whole new console ;-;

If it's on WiiU then I probably won't get it upon release. I'm sure in the years to come my brother will still spend his time downstairs hogging the xbox, using the same TV the wiiU is attached to. Plus after playing new leaf it only seems right to play it on a portable console.

Uh... You know the Wii U supports off-TV play right?

So Nintendo has just made an Animal Crossing announcement community on Miiverse!
The hype is real :)

In the post (This one here http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245720-miiverse-gets-animal-crossing-announcement-community )
They seem to suggest that it is New Leaf related news, so maybe some DLC is coming, hopefully new content and even some New 3DS improvements (60fps please Nintendo!)

That's not too say that the Wii U version isn't around the corner, although I was thinking, maybe it'll skip the Wii U altogether.
I have a feeling we might see an announcement for the successor to the 3DS sometime this year with a full unveiling at E3 with a few games announced as well, I recon one of those games will be the next Animal Crossing game.

I know the New 3DS has only just come out, but the DSi was also released shortly before the 3DS's announcement.
But I am willing to put money on the fact that the next handheld will be out between 2016 and early 2017.
Maybe I'm looking into things a little too much, but Nintendo console life cycles seem to be around 5 years and with AMD's recent remarks about working on a mobile processor for one of the major companies, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Still I'd rather have Animal Crossing on the Wii U

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the only community where literally anyone from Miiverse can actually post replies to, so that doesn't necessarily suggest that they're actually developing another handheld Animal Crossing iteration. The Animal Crossing Plaza community is no longer letting people who aren't currently using the software in first place to post anything, therefore it made more sense to create a news community on Animal Crossing: New Leaf instead.

I would like to see more DLC or maybe more events. Not sure if the events would be able to be added, but it would be nice.

Back