• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Netflix recommendations please?

Saah

What's a queen to a dog?
Bells
Switch
7787-1538-6773
Island
Phyre
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
I finished watching everything on my list yesterday night! Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't really like romance or zombie stuff, but other than that I'm very open to suggestions! Netflix only please, I'm too lazy to look at alternative services 😅

Edit: just for fun, I'll write a progress report / journal here with all recommendations!

• Squid Game - watched it a long time ago, I liked it!
  • Stranger Things - watched it a while ago, the first season was nice, but I wish they'd stopped there
  • Supernatural - watched it years ago, I liked the first few seasons!
  • Wednesday - it was the last in my list before I started this thread, loved it!
  • Queen's Gambit: Watched it to the end and LOVED it so much!
  • The Good Place: Watched it to the end, it felt like it could have ended before but I loved the characters (especially Jason!)
  • Dark: Dropped it on the third season, but I did enjoy the first two!
  • Carmen Sandiego - I enjoyed it up until they came to my country and I saw just how little research (or none at all?) they do, so I dropped it
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events - loved it so much!
  • Samurai Gourmet - I liked watching it, but the ending ruined it for me
  • Russian Doll - loved it! I didn't really liked the ending with her mom, but it's also understandable I guess
  • Midnight Diner - what do you mean "women can't be friends" 😭 dropped
  • Rilakkuma - I loved it! It was so cute, but also so real! Rilakkuma's Theme Park Adventure was just cute without being real, but I loved it all the same!
  • Bo Burnham: Inside - dropped it halfway, it was kinda boring
  • Blue Period - Loved it! I hope it gets another season!
  • Kleo (IRL recommendation) - Loved it!
  • Sweet Tooth - I need another season RIGHT NOW I loved it so much! Thank you Childe I'm glad I C6R1 you
  • The House - Wow it sure was a movie
  • Lupin - I! Loved! It! SO MUCH! It's one of my favorite book series and it really did it it justice!
  • The Mitchells vs The Machines - It was nice!
  • Hilda - It was so cute! I loved it!
  • Derry Girls - I loved it! It was so funny!
Next on the list:
  • Queer Eye
  • The IT Crowd (just started)
Won't watch:
  • Street Food - I don't know why but I didn't enjoy it
  • The Umbrella Academy - Past me only watched like three minutes? And I trust her
  • The Crown: Only watched half an episode and didn't really like it </3
  • The Sandman - idk it didn't appeal to me
  • The Witcher - Skipping since I plan to finish playing the games first
  • Tick, Tick, Boom!, Close Enough, British Bake-Off, Call the Midwife - Unavailable in my country?
  • Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Narcos, Lucifer, Money Heist - didn't pass the unconsentingmedia test

Last edited:
One of the best shows I've seen on Netflix was The Queen's Gambit. It's a limited series so there's only one season, but I thought it was so good.

One of the best shows I've seen on Netflix was The Queen's Gambit. It's a limited series so there's only one season, but I thought it was so good.
I'll try it, thank you so much!

i’ll recommend these:

• the crown (currently watching this one, and while i don’t care for the royal family, it’s still been a good watch so far!)
• black mirror (this one’s sort of weird since each episode has an entirely different storyline and set of characters, plus it’s just weird in general lol, but it’s good!)
• shameless (u.s.) (one of my favourite shows of all time)
• stranger things (no zombies here, but there is a lot of supernatural stuff. totally get if that’s not your cup of tea, though!)

some of these shows do involve romance, but it doesn’t revolve around it. shameless is also quite, uh, vulgar, so i’d recommend skipping that one if that’s something that bothers you haha.

i’ll recommend these:

• the crown (currently watching this one, and while i don’t care for the royal family, it’s still been a good watch so far!)
• black mirror (this one’s sort of weird since each episode has an entirely different storyline and set of characters, plus it’s just weird in general lol, but it’s good!)
• shameless (u.s.) (one of my favourite shows of all time)
• stranger things (no zombies here, but there is a lot of supernatural stuff. totally get if that’s not your cup of tea, though!)

some of these shows do involve romance, but it doesn’t revolve around it. shameless is also quite, uh, vulgar, so i’d recommend skipping that one if that’s something that bothers you haha.
Thank you so much! I already watched Stranger Things and Black Mirror, and Shameless isn't available on my country, but I've added The Crown to my list!

I liked Dark, especially the first two (of three) seasons. I don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just say it has time travel stuff and is set in a German village/small city with a nuclear power plant.

The third season isn't bad either but I I feel like they could have done a bit better idk.

It's been a long while since I last looked at Netflix but some things I remember enjoying were A Series of Unfortunate Events and Carmen Sandiego.

It's been a long while since I last looked at Netflix but some things I remember enjoying were A Series of Unfortunate Events and Carmen Sandiego.

Woah I didn't even know those two got adaptations, thank you so much!

I guess that it depends on what you're looking for, I myself have been watching the "Street Food" documentaries and I really recommend them, they're so relaxing and I got to learn some stuff about the food culture (and culture in general) of other countries

I don't have access to Netflix anymore, but when I did, I loved Samurai Gourmet. So, if it's still there, I recommend it.
It's about a Japanese salaryman who just retired and goes to restaurants with all of his new free time, and he takes inspiration from the idea of samurai to be more bold in his dining, and it's just so pleasant. ^_^

While I normally dislike reality TV, Queer Eye is really nice. It’s about a team of five guys giving people makeovers, helping with their self esteem, and renovating their homes. The show can be really wholesome at times.

• Russian Doll. Very short series, but the story is good.
  • Midnight Diner and Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories, though I prefer the former. It's different individual stories each episode so some may be romance based so you can skip those if you really wanna. It has a very chill vibe but still has serious stories.
  • Rilakkuma and Rilakkuma's Theme Park Adventure. Cute animated show you can watch in your PJs with hot cocoa and soak in the wholesomeness. The stories are actually good, but that's also up to you
  • Tick, Tick, Boom!
  • Bo Burnham: Inside, and Bo Burnham: Inside Outtakes
  • The IT Crowd. Not a netflix original but it's there. Slightly old british cringe humour show and some stuff that definitely did not age well, but enjoyable anyways
  • The Umbrella Academy
  • Blue Period. Anime about a high school boy taking up art. Great story
  • The House - Stop animation movie. IDK why Netflix says it's a comedy. Because it's more like a thriller or horror lol
  • Narcos
  • Money Heist
  • Squid Game
  • Lupin
  • Close Enough
  • The Mitchells vs The Machines - animated movie
  • Hilda - Animated kids show but it's gooood. Also there's a movie on netflix too

Some of my favorites:

• Supernatural
  • Stranger Things
  • The Queens Gambit
  • Wednesday
  • Derry Girls
  • Lucifer
  • The Witcher
  • The Good Place

I’d definitely recommend The Umbrella Academy if you’re in the mood for dysfunctional found families :) I watched The Sandman recently and liked it a lot as well!

You should try Sweet Tooth! It's got good ratings and is an adventure-oriented show. You may enjoy it. :giggle:

That's a lot of recommendations, thank you so much! I've already watched Wednesday, Squid Game, The Good Place, and Supernatural, and I really liked them (or at least the first few seasons of Supernatural)! I'll watch the rest in order (except The Witcher, I'm waiting for until I'm done playing the games and that'll take months), you have no idea how thankful I am!

Back