she/they! Check out my amiibocard trading post! <3
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
New Horizons Token
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Easter Egg
Hi everyone!
I have a few ideas for my island and Im looking for some opinions on them! I cant make up my mind on them though. Im putting my ideas in spoliers due to them being kinda long. Read at your own risk lol

I love this goat, hes a baby blue (my fav color) qt pie but I don't click with him like I do the rest. I have 3 other lazies in my town and I hear about bugs and food more than anything else. Hes really popular which made me like him less the more I saw him on social media (and yea I do have Marshal but I like smugs and hes a small squirrel so I deal with it). If i replace him I would want to do an animal type or personality I dont have. Im just not sure if I would want to get rid of him though because he is very cute and he is an og of mine. If I change him, what villager should I get? Im not sure.
Heres my current villager lineup:
-Ellie -Beau
-Tia -Sherb
-Whitney -Stitches
-Chief -Punchy
-Maple -Marshal

Heres the thing... Ive been going through other peoples islands and have been beating myself up because I dont like my layout 100%. Ive already spent well over 1mil bells moving houses around for what I thought was my perfect layout, but yet again Im not sure if I like it. Im gonna put a reference pic of my map and what I want to do with my map up so yall can see what I want to change.

My map now:
IMG-3910.jpg

What I want to do with with my map (I used colors to show where I want to move my houses, the x are the colors I chose for the house and the . (dot) match the house color and where i want to move them:
map1.jpg

Not sure where I would move all my fruit trees too yet c: This map is also super rough and wont be exact placements, just nearby the area lined up. I'll make them evenly spaced c:

Explanation of map change by Raz: I "want to move [my] houses in a way that will form a straight horizontal line crossing the north section, going from one side to the other" Thank you! <3

Thank you so much for reading my ideas! Let me know your thoughts <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Raz
If I understood correctly, you want to move your houses in a way that will form a straight horizontal line crossing the north section, going from one side to the other, right? If that's correct, and you like the neighborhood layout, it works well and saves a lot of space because it's basically one big avenue with house lined up along the way. I can see it working if your going to use a lot of space to create lots of small areas throughout the island.

As someone who doesn't use (nor like) the neighborhood layout, I think it doesn't work if you're going for a more natural look. I would at least bring all these houses like, 5 or 6 tiles downward, and I would plant trees behind them all. That could also solve your problem. With the fruit trees and would make for a good backdrop for your neighborhood.

I can't talk about villagers because I never had Sherb and I also think it's something that is far more personal.

Reactions: Hay
If I understood correctly, you want to move your houses in a way that will form a straight horizontal line crossing the north section, going from one side to the other, right? If that's correct, and you like the neighborhood layout, it works well and saves a lot of space because it's basically one big avenue with house lined up along the way. I can see it working if your going to use a lot of space to create lots of small areas throughout the island.

As someone who doesn't use (nor like) the neighborhood layout, I think it doesn't work if you're going for a more natural look. I would at least bring all these houses like, 5 or 6 tiles downward, and I would plant trees behind them all. That could also solve your problem. With the fruit trees and would make for a good backdrop for your neighborhood.

I can't talk about villagers because I never had Sherb and I also think it's something that is far more personal.
Yea you got my idea! Im gonna add your quote on my original post just in case c:
Anyway, I love this idea! I might think about doing it. I just dont like houses by themselves or where I have to walk behind them to go somewhere, its a personal thing lol! I struggle between natural and modern a lot, so I'll consider this idea! Thank you <3

Yea you got my idea! Im gonna add your quote on my original post just in case c:
Anyway, I love this idea! I might think about doing it. I just dont like houses by themselves or where I have to walk behind them to go somewhere, its a personal thing lol! I struggle between natural and modern a lot, so I'll consider this idea! Thank you <3
Depending on the size of the yard you're willing to give to each of your villagers, you could use either bushes or hedges to separate their houses+yards. In the end, it would resemble a big rectangle with partitions. Kinda like small boxes. It would give the impression of someone that was planned, think about a condominium.

Depending on the size of the yard you're willing to give to each of your villagers, you could use either bushes or hedges to separate their houses+yards. In the end, it would resemble a big rectangle with partitions. Kinda like small boxes. It would give the impression of someone that was planned, think about a condominium.
Thats what I have going on rn and my only concern is not having enough room. I think I will though, I'll just have to be strategic

Thats what I have going on rn and my only concern is not having enough room. I think I will though, I'll just have to be strategic
What I did when I was planning when I would place my buildings was to count the size of the buildings by tiles (houses are 5 tiles wide; your house when fully upgraded is 6 or 7 tiles wide, I don't remember the exact size right now; museum and upgraded NC are 7 tiles wide; I think Able's is 6). That way, it's easier to plan the placement of your buildings and fencing.

As you're going to basically make a straight line, it's even easier to count this. I suggest you to first lay down the path that will be your "avenue". It will kinda works as a ruler, and will make it easier for you to measure things. Remember that, if you want even lots, all of them should have an odd-numbered size (as a house is 5 tiles wide, a 7 tiles wide lot has the house exactly on its center). The "depth" of your lots depend on how much space you're willing to give to them, but personally, I think you could count 3 tiles from their door, and place the fence on the fourth tile.

What I did when I was planning when I would place my buildings was to count the size of the buildings by tiles (houses are 5 tiles wide; your house when fully upgraded is 6 or 7 tiles wide, I don't remember the exact size right now; museum and upgraded NC are 7 tiles wide; I think Able's is 6). That way, it's easier to plan the placement of your buildings and fencing.

As you're going to basically make a straight line, it's even easier to count this. I suggest you to first lay down the path that will be your "avenue". It will kinda works as a ruler, and will make it easier for you to measure things. Remember that, if you want even lots, all of them should have an odd-numbered size (as a house is 5 tiles wide, a 7 tiles wide lot has the house exactly on its center). The "depth" of your lots depend on how much space you're willing to give to them, but personally, I think you could count 3 tiles from their door, and place the fence on the fourth tile.
Ooo interestin! I never knew the exact tile space. Thank you! Im gonna sleep on this idea and if I like it still I'll spend my day tomorrow working on it! c: Thank you so much dude!!!

since you aren’t really clicking with sherb, i would get rid of him - as for which villager you should replace him with, maybe a peppy or uchi villager, since you don’t have one of those rn? i nominate sprinkle, felicity, fuchsia, pashmina, hazel or katt but it all depends on who you like and who you diy!

as for changing your map, if you feel you’ll be happier with the idea you have, i say go for it! it might be pricy but it’ll be worth it if it’ll make you happier with your layout c:

since you aren’t really clicking with sherb, i would get rid of him - as for which villager you should replace him with, maybe a peppy or uchi villager, since you don’t have one of those rn? i nominate sprinkle, felicity, fuchsia, pashmina, hazel or katt but it all depends on who you like and who you diy!

as for changing your map, if you feel you’ll be happier with the idea you have, i say go for it! it might be pricy but it’ll be worth it if it’ll make you happier with your layout c:
I have Fuchsia's card so I could do her! I wanted an uchi but didnt notice I didnt have one till to late haha! Thank you so much for this! I wanted some more space and the layout change might be best for me. Thanks! <3

Good morning! Gonna bump this in case anyone has any other ideas~

Back