• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Island Suggestions!

JustABadKid_

Bells
IMG_7876.jpeg

I’ve been trying to think of different ways to decorate my island and thought I’d ask here for some help! I’ve labeled each area that I’m interested in doing stuff with. I like to keep my town pretty natural feeling, so although I have a large enough space for a festival ground or something huge, I’m not sure how that would fit into my natural look. To help get a better visual, please feel free to visit my dream address!!

The area marked C is being worked on but I’m not sure I like it. It’s too cramped for what I was going for, so I’m open to other suggestions! Several other areas I don’t have marked are slowly being worked on as well.

Please let me know if you have any ideas! I’d love to hear them! Pictures would help too if you have them! Haha!

Hopefully, I'm remembering the right locations.
For Area C, this was a small cafe/restaurant, right?
AreaC.png

I think the fences lock you into a tight, restricted space. It might help to use the fences sparingly, to open up the area more and not feel too boxed in. I don't remember what was on the left side near the stonework kitchen, but if you got rid of the fences and built a small produce garden would fit into your island theme. Sorta like an urban garden. You can use plucked flowers to fake strawberries or use plucked hyacinths, because they look like asparagus stalks. I would put a striped, or some kind of custom design on your bistro table.

Then there's also this alternative where instead of the stonework kitchen, you can use a truck and turn it into a food truck, or like how this person made theirs into a coffee truck. I don't remember the size of the truck, at the top of my head, but it might be bigger than the kitchen.

GBeeZYqbwAErkK8

They also have a lot of good design properties that you can get inspiration off of. I think that this space is more about trying to figure out how to make it feel airy.
For this section, and other sections that have close proximities to transition zones. It helped me to think of what someone would be doing here and what they would see. So this upper area feels small and quaint; where I think it'd be nice if this small beach was something more casual.

AreaG01.png

AreaG02.png

The beach chairs with the parasol feel a bit more fancy unless you want this beach to have a more upscale scene. I just think with the juxtaposition of the above part with the wooden swing and natural foliage; it'd work better as a casual setting. Area I can be the beach parasol zone with drinks at the ready especially because you have the dock that you can tie in.
That's as much as I can help with. I'd just reiterate that really thinking about the what is happening here and who would be there, might help you out. Like Area Z could just be a natural spot with palm trees with weeds. It's a lot of just experimenting and I know that isn't always fun but it's just part of the process of decorating/creating.

Hopefully, I'm remembering the right locations.
For Area C, this was a small cafe/restaurant, right?
AreaC.png

I think the fences lock you into a tight, restricted space. It might help to use the fences sparingly, to open up the area more and not feel too boxed in. I don't remember what was on the left side near the stonework kitchen, but if you got rid of the fences and built a small produce garden would fit into your island theme. Sorta like an urban garden. You can use plucked flowers to fake strawberries or use plucked hyacinths, because they look like asparagus stalks. I would put a striped, or some kind of custom design on your bistro table.

Then there's also this alternative where instead of the stonework kitchen, you can use a truck and turn it into a food truck, or like how this person made theirs into a coffee truck. I don't remember the size of the truck, at the top of my head, but it might be bigger than the kitchen.

GBeeZYqbwAErkK8

They also have a lot of good design properties that you can get inspiration off of. I think that this space is more about trying to figure out how to make it feel airy.
For this section, and other sections that have close proximities to transition zones. It helped me to think of what someone would be doing here and what they would see. So this upper area feels small and quaint; where I think it'd be nice if this small beach was something more casual.

AreaG01.png

AreaG02.png

The beach chairs with the parasol feel a bit more fancy unless you want this beach to have a more upscale scene. I just think with the juxtaposition of the above part with the wooden swing and natural foliage; it'd work better as a casual setting. Area I can be the beach parasol zone with drinks at the ready especially because you have the dock that you can tie in.
That's as much as I can help with. I'd just reiterate that really thinking about the what is happening here and who would be there, might help you out. Like Area Z could just be a natural spot with palm trees with weeds. It's a lot of just experimenting and I know that isn't always fun but it's just part of the process of decorating/creating.

Thank you so much! That’s actually a lot of help! I hadn’t thought about it that way before, so it’ll be interesting to see what else I can think of. I do like the idea of using the planters instead of the fences too, so I’ll be using those instead.

If you happen to think of anything else, let me know! I really appreciate it!

Back