• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Navigating Thread Pages Causes Server Error

Belle T

head thoughts, no empty
Bells
At the moment, I'm experiencing an error which reads "Oops! We ran into some problems. A server error occurred. Please try again later." This only happens whenever I attempt to navigate between pages in a thread, or whenever I click the timestamp on a forum index to immediately jump to the latest response.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yes, it's a problem with the forums that sprung up like half an hour ago. The Shop and New Items pages are inaccessible, so it probably stems from that part of the forums. I'm sure the staff will get it fixed soon enough.

Last edited:
Oh thank goodness I thought only I was experiencing this.

Surely this won't last forever.

Seems to be fixed now, at least for me.

Interestingly, while the issue was still present, I was able to bypass it by using an Incognito window. So being logged in seemed to be the connecting factor. But whatever, as long as it's fixed.

I’m glad that I wasn’t alone on the issue.

I can remember all these times the site had maintenance issues. It even had the wrong season at one time. Twice, actually.

Is anyone else constantly getting this error message. I get it every time I click on anything on the forum. Whatever I click does what it’s supposed to (ex: profile brings me to my profile) but the error message appears. It says “Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.”

I’m having this issue on my phone and my laptop, which is a little confusing. Is it just me?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Yes, I got the error once more when creating this thread. A little annoying but not the end of the world.

uh oh, it looks like the same problem is back again. Like @/Belle T mentioned last time, I don't receive the error pop-up when I'm not logged in, but I do when I am, with the shop/new items pages unavailable like last time.

e: Should mention, the shop and "latest shop items" section in "What's New" are accessible when not logged in, but unavailable when logged in. The "new items" page and "About" section of any profile (as @/Merielle pointed out below) are unavailable no matter whether you're logged in or not.

Last edited:
The first time this got fixed before I could even comment, but I got a different error from OP

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Probably not useful anyway, though I’m not sure how I would check this on iOS.

welp, it's back for a 3rd time now.

e:
The first time this got fixed before I could even comment, but I got a different error from OP

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Probably not useful anyway, though I’m not sure how I would check this on iOS.
fwiw, I did check the browser console the first time this popped up since that was the error message I've been receiving. Unfortunately, the logged error gives no relevant info, it just contains the HTML of the page you're on, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e2: The Members Overview and Today's Birthdays pages are also inaccessible, no matter whether you're logged in or not.

Last edited:
Is there going to be a server maintenance for this site? I've seem to also encounter the error problem too.

Sheesh, I thought it was a 1 and done thing and because my location had a severe storm the day it happened the first time. I had no idea it could happen more than once.

What's going on and who's causing it? (If someone is that is.)

I also always untick “stay logged in” these days and log out when I finished, but my security tab still has a bunch of sessions that I assume shouldn’t be there logged in, idk if that’s related.

Yep! In fact, I came on the HQ Board to find out if I was the only one or not! XDDDDD

It's been happening everytime I refresh, or go to a different area on the forum.

Back