• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Multiplayer Accessories? (First-time Switch Owner)

Saralie

Bells
Winter Mittens
Silver Mailbox
I scored the ACNH Switch at Target today and I need accessory recommendations. Some kind posters mentioned screen protector and case, so I’ll pick those up. But what would I need to play games with friends like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Mario Bros U? Which controllers would I need? Another set of joy cons? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I forgot to say this in the original thread but congrats on your win!!

I actually don't really like the joycons much for certain games like Smash Bros because I find them too small for my hands (unless you put them on the Switch itself or that other connector piece to make it like a big controller). My boyfriend bought me this adaptor that allows you to play with Gamecube controllers. You plug the adaptor into the Switch's dock and then plug the controllers into the adaptor. It's fantastic!

Not vital but something interesting to know about!

Otherwise I'd recommend another set of joycons if you like variety of colour or if you intend on having more friends over to play with you. I have four and I find that enough. Four players is like the max for a good amount of games anyway.

But yeah that's all I have and it's been working for me! Hope you have fun! :)

Thanks! I’m at Target right now picking up some games, a case, and some extra regular controllers (not JoyCons)

Back